SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Surprise! Al Gore wants Bush impeached

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Schadow
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2006 3:19 am    Post subject: Surprise! Al Gore wants Bush impeached Reply with quote

NewsMax excerpts comments from the certifiably deranged Al Gore contained in a letter to the faithful contributors to the Democratic Senatorial Campaign Committee (emphasis mine):

Quote:
Tuesday, June 27, 2006 11:56 a.m. EDT

Al Gore: Bush 'Broke the Law'

Al Gore charges that President George Bush has "broken the law” and implies that Congress should have initiated impeachment proceedings against Bush for unspecified crimes.

In a fund-raising e-mail sent out under the banner of the Democratic Senatorial Campaign Committee with the subject line "Unprecedented,” Gore declares:

"The evidence now makes it hard to avoid the conclusion that George Bush has repeatedly and insistently broken the law and the corrupt Republican Congress has shirked its constitutional duty to hold him to account."

While Gore omitted using the "i" word, the consititutional remedy for a president who breaks the law is the House's impeachment process followed by a trial before the Senate.

"In my view, a president who breaks the law poses a threat to the very foundation of our democracy," Gore said, noting the seriousness of his allegation. "As Americans with a stake in the future of our country, we must act quickly and decisively. We have less than five months to win the six seats we need to control the Senate – and pull our country back from the brink of a constitutional crisis.”

Gore states that Bush’s "nightmarish regime” has been responsible for an "unprecedented expansion” of executive power and says: "I have never seen leaders that act with the contempt for the truth that I have witnessed in George Bush’s administration.”

The e-mail seeks contributions of $50, $75, or more to aid senatorial candidates and sets a goal of raising $1 million before June 30 to counter the Bush administration’s "truly breathtaking disregard for American values.”

Ironically, Gore notes that he has run for president twice and says: "I know what it takes to win.”

Source

One can only hope that this buffoon passes on his knowledge of 'what it takes to win' to all Democrat presidential candidates. He can start with, "First, win your home state."

Schadow
carpro
Admin

PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2006 9:54 pm    Post subject: Re: Surprise! Al Gore wants Bush impeached Reply with quote

Schadow wrote:
"I have never seen leaders that act with the contempt for the truth that I have witnessed in George Bush’s administration.”

This statement is from the guy that was VP during the Clinton Administration? Shocked
I B Squidly
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2006 9:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did anyone ask Al what 'controlling legal authority' he can cite?

-Wlm Shakespeare
BuffaloJack
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Sat Jul 01, 2006 4:09 am    Post subject: Re: Surprise! Al Gore wants Bush impeached Reply with quote

carpro wrote:
This statement is from the guy that was VP during the Clinton Administration?

Gee !! And I thought Hillary was the VP during the Clinton administration.
dusty
Admiral

PostPosted: Sun Jul 02, 2006 10:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well.....as long as Al keeps NOT getting what he wants, we'll be ok.
He's just worried about HIS internet getting flooded out from Global Warming.
What a guy!

Dusty
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: