SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Another secret program revealed!!
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dusty
Admiral

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2006 10:26 pm    Post subject: Another secret program revealed!! Reply with quote

Money tracking secret program is made public.
When is the Govt. going to get tough on this stuff. We can't keep letting these people leak this stuff with impunity. Or the papers to print it with no consequences to them either. Especially after they have been specifically asked not to print the story and they do anyway.
That NYT reporter ought to be made to reveal his source and if he won't he needs to just rot in jail.

Dusty
Schadow
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2006 11:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Put these two facts together:

1) The NYT claims they had at least twenty informants give them details about this classified program.

2) The Administration briefed the full Intelligence Committees of both the House and Senate about this program months ago.

How difficult can the NYT's task be? Rolling Eyes

Schadow
BuffaloJack
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Sat Jun 24, 2006 12:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just once I'd like to see one of these so called reporters who can't wait to leak a story that compromises our military efforts get charged with espionage or treason. These jerks do this knowing that it will hurt our military effort and probably get a GI or some other American killed; and they do this with no thought of consequences. Why can't we just make an example of one of them? I'd really like to see one of these MSM blabbermouths strapped to a cold table with a needle in his arm. Maybe the rest would get the idea that we are in a war for real.

Our enemies know that this is a real war; why doesn't the press know this?
Schadow
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Sat Jun 24, 2006 3:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BuffaloJack wrote:
Just once I'd like to see one of these so called reporters who can't wait to leak a story that compromises our military efforts get charged with espionage or treason. These jerks do this knowing that it will hurt our military effort and probably get a GI or some other American killed; and they do this with no thought of consequences. Why can't we just make an example of one of them? I'd really like to see one of these MSM blabbermouths strapped to a cold table with a needle in his arm. Maybe the rest would get the idea that we are in a war for real.

Our enemies know that this is a real war; why doesn't the press know this?

The New York Times and its reporters are the lengthened shadow of publisher Arthur O. Sulzberger, Jr. A glimpse of the mindset, if it can be called that, of "Pinch" Sulzberger can be seen in a commencement address he gave at the State University of New York, New Paltz. Some snips:

Quote:

<snip>

When I graduated from college in 1974, my fellow students and I had just ended the war in Vietnam and ousted President Nixon. Okay, that’s not quite true. Yes, the war did end and yes, Nixon did resign in disgrace – but maybe there were larger forces at play.

Either way, we entered the real world committed to making it a better, safer, cleaner, more equal place. We were determined not to repeat the mistakes of our predecessors. We had seen the horrors and futility of war and smelled the stench of corruption in government.

Our children, we vowed, would never know that.

So, well, sorry. It wasn’t supposed to be this way.

You weren’t supposed to be graduating into an America fighting a misbegotten war in a foreign land.
       You weren’t supposed to be graduating into a world where we are still fighting for fundamental human rights, be it the rights of immigrants to start a new life; the rights of gays to marry; or the rights of women to choose.
       You weren’t supposed to be graduating into a world where oil still drives policy and environmentalists have to relentlessly fight for every gain.
       You weren’t. But you are. And for that I’m sorry.

<snip>

Yes, it’s important that those of us at The New York Times have the courage of our own convictions and defend the rights of our journalists to protect their sources or, after much debate and discussion, publish the news that our government is bypassing it’s own legal systems to tap into phone calls made to and from the United States.

So, he is proud of the fact that the NYT is not a newspaper but, rather, a frankly communist propaganda organ that would do Stalin proud. Protected by the sacred US Constitution, it is free to attempt to destroy our president and promote the loss of the war.

The full speech can be read at MassNews.com

(MassNews calls Chuck Schumer the NYT's private senator. Accurate, I think. What paper is Schumer waving about every time he's on TV?)

Schadow
fortdixlover
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Sat Jun 24, 2006 2:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What newspapers were front and center in defaming the vietnam veterans, I ask?

-- FDL
dusty
Admiral

PostPosted: Sat Jun 24, 2006 2:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jeez Schadow, I couldn't stand to go read the whole speech. The snips you included above were sickning enough to read.
You know, some people's minds just have a disconnect somewhere in their internal wiring. Something is short-circuited or something to cause a person's brain to process information in a manner that causes them to come to such screwed up conclusions.
But he's right about one thing. Where he says he's sorry........he is.

Dusty
Me#1You#10
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Jun 24, 2006 3:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is no lack of indignation against this latest assault on our effort to combat this world-wide plague of terrorism. What we do lack is the prosecution and incarceration of sources...

Quote:
The Media’s War Against the War Continues
The New York Times and Los Angeles Times expose a classified anti-terrorism program.
By Andrew C. McCarthy
NRO Contributor
June 23, 2006

Yet again, the New York Times was presented with a simple choice: help protect American national security or help al Qaeda.

Yet again, it sided with al Qaeda.

Once again, members of the American intelligence community had a simple choice: remain faithful to their oath — the solemn promise the nation requires before entrusting them with the secrets on which our safety depends — or violate that oath and place themselves and their subjective notions of propriety above the law.

Once again, honor was cast aside.

<snip>

No, the most salient thing we learn from today’s compromise of the TFTP is that the program has been highly effective at keeping us safe. According to the government, it has helped identify and locate terrorists and their financial backers; it has been instrumental in charting terrorist networks; and it has been essential in starving these savage organizations of their lifeblood: funding.

<snip>

Appealing to the patriotism of these newspapers proved about as promising as appealing to the humanity of the terrorists they so insouciantly edify — the same monsters who, as we saw again only a few days ago with the torture murder of two American soldiers, continue to define depravity down.

<snip>

The blunt reality here is that there is a war against the war. It is the jihad of privacy fetishists whose self-absorption knows no bounds. Pleas rooted in the well-being of our community hold no sway.

The anti-warriors know only the language of self-interest. It is the language that tells them the revelation of the nation’s secrets will result, forthwith, in the demand for the revelation of their secrets — which is to say, their sources in the intelligence community — with incarceration the price of resistance. It is the language admonishing that even journalists themselves may be prosecuted when their publication of national secrets violates the law.

Bluntly, officials who leak the classified information with which they have been entrusted can be prosecuted for theft of government property. If the information is especially sensitive, they can be prosecuted for violating the Espionage Act. In either event, the press has no legal right to protect such lawlessness.

That is our simple choice: Strong medicine we will either take or persist in declining … while resigning ourselves to more of the same.

— Andrew C. McCarthy, a former federal prosecutor, is a senior fellow at the Foundation for the Defense of Democracies.

National Review
Schadow
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Sat Jun 24, 2006 3:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just this morning, John Hinderaker at Powerline has a story (from several sources) on the NYT which may indicate that the NYT is not fooling all of the people all of the time:

Quote:
The Scratching Post documents the effects on the New York Times of "Compromising National Security as a Marketing Strategy." The chart below shows the NYT's stock price over the last five years:

From a business standpoint, the Times' embrace of far-left politics on page one has been a disaster. I'm reminded of the analysis Michael Medved did years ago, showing that the movie studios' preference for R-rated and X-rated movies is not driven, as popularly believed, by economics. Newspapers like the Times, just like Hollywood, are willing to sacrifice their own economic interests in service of what they think is a higher value. I wonder, though, whether the owners of the Times Company's Class B shares, to whom the Sulzberger family owes a fiduciary duty, share the paper's disdain for profit.

Now, if the Attorney General can rustle up the cajones to go after these traitors, maybe some good will be produced. (Silly me. Charging them would probably just improve their circulation.)

The story with links to a fuller exposé from The Scratching Post can be found Here

Schadow
Me#1You#10
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Jun 24, 2006 3:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Schadow wrote:
Now, if the Attorney General can rustle up the cajones to go after these traitors, maybe some good will be produced. (Silly me. Charging them would probably just improve their circulation.)

Given my druthers, I'd much prefer to see a few of these sources behind bars.
Schadow
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Sat Jun 24, 2006 5:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Me#1You#10 wrote:
Given my druthers, I'd much prefer to see a few of these sources behind bars.

Amen to that. I'm sure senators and representatives and their staffers believe themselves to be above the law. I'd like to see it tested.

It would have to start with Risen and Lichtblau being ordered to divulge their sources. They probably wouldn't and would love the martyr role of being in jail if only for the term of the grand jury - probably for a maximum of 18 months.

Schadow
PhantomSgt
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2006 6:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

150 bed spaces opened up at Gitmo lately. This should be a good start to hold collaborators in sedition and treason.

Can a lawyer on the forum tell me if a class action suit by members of the military is possible when a plublisher deliberately puts them further into harms way. Heck I think every American should be able to join the suit since they have infringed on our rights, "to Life, Liberty and the Pursuit of Happiness" by placing all of us further into harms way.

Maybe the best way to stop irresponsible publishing is to sue them out of existance. The NY and LA Times are after all teetering on the brink of disaster anyway and just need a little nudge over the edge.

Let me know where I can send some money to join a class action suit?

Independent that leans right of center.
dusty
Admiral

PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2006 7:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PhantomSgt wrote:
150 bed spaces opened up at Gitmo lately. This should be a good start to hold collaborators in sedition and treason.

Can a lawyer on the forum tell me if a class action suit by members of the military is possible when a plublisher deliberately puts them further into harms way. Heck I think every American should be able to join the suit since they have infringed on our rights, "to Life, Liberty and the Pursuit of Happiness" by placing all of us further into harms way.

Maybe the best way to stop irresponsible publishing is to sue them out of existance. The NY and LA Times are after all teetering on the brink of disaster anyway and just need a little nudge over the edge.

Let me know where I can send some money to join a class action suit?

Count me in.

Dusty
Schadow
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2006 12:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

PhantomSgt wrote:
.....Maybe the best way to stop irresponsible publishing is to sue them out of existence.

Although I wish it were otherwise, I'm afraid the term "irresponsible publishing" is an oxymoron. There is no more enduring and unassailable section of the Constitution than the First Amendment. Although the part of the Amendment that deals with religious freedom has been thoroughly corrupted into something called "separation of church and state", that part which deals with press freedom has withstood attack relentlessly. By definition, all publishing - from Larry Flynt to Pinch Sulzberger - is "responsible".

As we know, although the Constitution has defined treason and espionage and has provided punishment for same, only individuals ever seem to be prosecuted. Newspapers and their owners seem to be thoroughly Teflon-coated.

Of course, our present state of affairs is traceable to the intense hatred of President Bush, stemming from the 2000 election. Far-left Democrats' embarrassment at losing that election has morphed into personal hatred, illogical as that is. The publisher of the New York Times is an example of that psychosis and, unfortunately, this looney is one of the most powerful people in the country and is obviously driven by that hatred in the name of the Left.

Rep. Peter King (R-NY) has fired a shot across the NYT's bow demanding that the Attorney General indict the paper for its reporting of leaked classified material in time of war. The increasingly RINO-ish Senator Specter doesn't think so and says the Congress should investigate, etc., etc.

Frankly, I don't think any indictments will emerge from this. Outing a fake covert CIA agent, yes. Compromising our ability to win a war and avoid military casualties, no. I don't understand it, but there it is. First amendment über alles.

I wish I knew whether members of the active military forces could sue a paper for putting their lives in danger but I'm guessing that they can't. I'm proud to say I am not a lawyer.

Schadow
Me#1You#10
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2006 1:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Schadow wrote:

As we know, although the Constitution has defined treason and espionage and has provided punishment for same, only individuals ever seem to be prosecuted. Newspapers and their owners seem to be thoroughly Teflon-coated.

...and without the leak itself, there would be no issue. IMHO, focusing on the media dissemination places the proverbial cart before the horse and plays the issue on their terrain...which will, ultimately, be a loser.

I know Rep. King wants to go for the NYT's jugular, but has he been as vocal (or vocal at all?) in reference to the ultimate perps, his peers and their staffs??
Schadow
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2006 3:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Me#1You#10 wrote:
...and without the leak itself, there would be no issue. IMHO, focusing on the media dissemination places the proverbial cart before the horse and plays the issue on their terrain...which will, ultimately, be a loser.

I know Rep. King wants to go for the NYT's jugular, but has he been as vocal (or vocal at all?) in reference to the ultimate perps, his peers and their staffs??

If King could pull it off, on the other hand, he may be able to get the reporters subpoenaed at least and start down the path to the leakers. At least, the jailing of the reporters might start the people thinking seriously about what's happening. Nah, the wedding of Nicole Kidman is much more important.

Something has to give. The natural extension of this treasonous behavior is an administration which is powerless to conduct any covert activity against terrorism. As long as it is mandatory to inform the Congress what's going on, we're susceptible to compromise. An administration must have some way to operate under the radar. (And any way found to do that would probably be impeachable.)

In 1787, Thomas Jefferson was the nation's leading proponent of a free press when he wrote:

Quote:
"The basis of our governments being the opinion of the people, the very first object should be to keep that right; and were it left to me to decide whether we should have a government without newspapers or newspapers without a government, I should not hesitate a moment to prefer the latter..... --Thomas Jefferson to Edward Carrington, 1787.

But, only 16 years later he wrote:

Quote:
"Our newspapers, for the most part, present only the caricatures of disaffected minds. Indeed, the abuses of the freedom of the press here have been carried to a length never before known or borne by any civilized nation." --Thomas Jefferson to M. Pictet, 1803.

Be glad you're not here today, Tom.

Many other Jeffersonian press-related quotes Here

Schadow
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: