SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

My Salute to the Troops by Donald H. Rumsfeld

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
shawa
CNO

PostPosted: Mon Jul 03, 2006 7:35 pm    Post subject: My Salute to the Troops by Donald H. Rumsfeld Reply with quote

Quote:
My Salute to the Troops
By Donald H. Rumsfeld
FrontPageMagazine.com | July 3, 2006

The following is a transcript of a videotape Donald Rumsfeld sent to American troops on July 4, 2002. -- The Editors.

At a critical moment during the Revolutionary War, when his army was surrounded and in danger of being destroyed, General Washington issued this order: "Put only Americans on guard tonight." Washington knew, at that moment of crisis, he could rely on those citizen-soldiers-volunteers who had left behind their families and farms to risk everything for the cause of freedom.

Thanks to their service and sacrifice, America achieved her independence. And every July 4th since, Americans have come together to give thanks for our freedom and what our country has become: the freest, most creative and dynamic nation on earth.

This Fourth of July across America, families will enjoy picnics, and parades, and the uplifting beat of "Stars and Stripes Forever." But our celebrations are tempered by the knowledge that the freedoms we hold sacred and dear have once again come under attack.

So today, as in General Washington's time, we take comfort in the knowledge that Americans like you are on guard tonight -- soldiers, sailors, airmen, Marines and Coast Guardsmen.

Like the Minute Men who dropped their pitchforks and took up rifles to defend their new nation in 1776, each of you stepped forward to defend America against the new threats of this new century.

Through your service and sacrifice, you help make every day Independence Day for the United States of America. Our people are free because your hearts are brave. And so on this Fourth of July, we stop to say to each of you: Thank you for what you do for our country.

Front Page Magazine

As a caller to Rush Limbaugh said, "America is the Land of the Free BECAUSE of the Brave".
As my family and I join the festivities celebrating this great nation, I will pause and say a prayer for our brave protectors.
My gratitude and love to all who defend our freedoms. God bless all of you!!
“I love the man that can smile in trouble, that can gather strength from distress, and grow brave by reflection. ‘Tis the business of little minds to shrink; but he whose heart is firm, and whose conscience approves his conduct, will pursue his principles unto death.” (Thomas Paine, 1776)
Deuce
Senior Chief Petty Officer

PostPosted: Tue Jul 04, 2006 9:00 pm    Post subject: Re: My Salute to the Troops by Donald H. Rumsfeld Reply with quote

[quote="shawa"]
Quote:
My Salute to the Troops
By Donald H. Rumsfeld... General Washington issued this order: "Put only Americans on guard tonight."

Just Thinking of a new Door Mat...

Quote:
AMERICANS
WELCOME

yep...now where can i get one?

Deuce
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: