SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Insane anti-military leftist rant of the week

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
fortdixlover
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2006 12:43 pm    Post subject: Insane anti-military leftist rant of the week Reply with quote

The unhinged anti-military leftist rant of the week... is in the Gainseville Fl. Sun online here. It is entitled "I don't support the troops." It begins:

Quote:
I'm a military combat veteran and critic of our government's invasion of Iraq and Afghanistan, and I don't support the troops. I'll protest in the streets to end the war, and when the troops come home, I'll do what I can to see that they get the benefits and treatment they need and deserve. That's my contribution to the troops.

Here is my question: how would one confirm if this person ever was a "military combat veteran" and/or if they were (which I doubt), what were the circumstances of their discharge.

Like the fakes in the VVAW, I believe there is a lot of writing out there, dutifully published by the leftist MSM, by people whose claimed military "credentials" require close scrutiny.

-- FDL
Me#1You#10
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2006 2:04 pm    Post subject: Re: Insane anti-military leftist rant of the week Reply with quote

fortdixlover wrote:
Here is my question: how would one confirm if this person ever was a "military combat veteran" and/or if they were (which I doubt), what were the circumstances of their discharge.

Like the fakes in the VVAW, I believe there is a lot of writing out there, dutifully published by the leftist MSM, by people whose claimed military "credentials" require close scrutiny.

As I understand it, there are elements of one's service record that are unprotected by Privacy Act restrictions and could be FOIA'd.

Nevertheless, I'll take strong issue with what appears to be your suggestion that "anything" be done other than responding to the individual views via a rebuttal LTTE.
Schadow
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2006 3:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The wording of the letter from the "military combat veteran" suggests that the writer has sent in a recommended boiler-plate screed from some anti-war website. I wouldn't be surprised to see the same words appear in papers everywhere.

Schadow
fortdixlover
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2006 9:27 pm    Post subject: Re: Insane anti-military leftist rant of the week Reply with quote

Me#1You#10 wrote:
As I understand it, there are elements of one's service record that are unprotected by Privacy Act restrictions and could be FOIA'd.

Nevertheless, I'll take strong issue with what appears to be your suggestion that "anything" be done other than responding to the individual views via a rebuttal LTTE.

If the author is fabricating a military record, that is a rebuttal that is sorely needed. Such fabrications were used once before to cause vets nothing but misery.

-- FDL
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: