SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Is Kerry keeping his mouth shut?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth
View previous topic :: View next topic  
fortdixlover
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2006 9:55 pm    Post subject: Is Kerry keeping his mouth shut? Reply with quote

Am I mistaken, or is Kerry keeping his mouth shut about the Israeli response to the acts of war by the terrorists?

-- FDL
Schadow
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2006 10:16 pm    Post subject: Re: Is Kerry keeping his mouth shut? Reply with quote

fortdixlover wrote:
Am I mistaken, or is Kerry keeping his mouth shut about the Israeli response to the acts of war by the terrorists?

-- FDL

He probably got an early start on the weekend's windsurfing while smarting over the stem cell veto. His staff is no doubt hard at work defining what their boss' position is on Israel.

Schadow
Anker-Klanker
Admiral

PostPosted: Sat Jul 22, 2006 12:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Correction:

Quote:
His staff is no doubt hard at work defining what their boss' positions is are on Israel.
fortdixlover

PostPosted: Sat Jul 22, 2006 6:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anker-Klanker wrote:
Correction:

Quote:
His staff is no doubt hard at work defining what their boss' positions is are on Israel.

Crap...didn't take long for Kerry to open his leftist mouth:

'Stay the Course' Not Working - Sens. Kerry & Feingold, Honolulu Advertiser

Kerry knows how to stay the course...especially if on a course to Cambodia on a Christmas eve.

-- FDL
Navy_Navy_Navy
Admin

PostPosted: Sat Jul 22, 2006 8:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

fortdixlover wrote:

Crap...didn't take long for Kerry to open his leftist mouth:

'Stay the Course' Not Working - Sens. Kerry & Feingold, Honolulu Advertiser

Nah, this one's not about Israel's defending herself - it's the same old recycled blather about Iraq being another Vietnam.

He hasn't yet made a statement about Israel's recent defenses, but we can bet that if he makes one, we will not be able to make head or tail of what it says about his position with regard to Israel.

He cannot afford to be any more forthcoming now than he has ever been.
LimaCharlie
PO2

PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2006 1:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He will be for Israel before he is against them. Rolling Eyes
Anker-Klanker
Admiral

PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2006 3:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Uh, you reckon he's still quiet because the "global test" results are not yet in? But whatever the test results turn out to be, I'm sure he's already got a plan.
Snipe
Senior Chief Petty Officer

PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2006 5:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Opps. World Net Daily today:

http://www.worldnetdaily.com/news/article.asp?ARTICLE_ID=51186

No. He can't keep his pie hole shut fer nuttin'.

Snipe
Schadow
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2006 7:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've taken a stab at a ficticious announcement from Kerry:
Quote:
The Middle East is indeed in a precarious state. It need not have been that way had Democrats still been in charge of our foreign policy. As our Chairman, Howard Dean, said recently:
Quote:
"If you think what's going on in the Middle East today would be going on if the Democrats were in control, it wouldn't, because we would have worked day after day after day to make sure we didn't get to where we are today. We would have had the moral authority that Bill Clinton had ... when he brought together the Israelis and Palestinians."

Yes, we Democrats proposed again and again that Israel give up land for peace and they did. Things were starting to improve markedly when, through thievery, the Democrats lost control of the White House and chaos ensued in the Middle East.

What is needed now is a voice with the persuasive moral authority and the same knowledge of warfare as Bill Clinton to come forward and, once again, bring the warring parties to the table. There the outlandishly disproportionate response of the Israelis to the mere taking of a few prisoners can be weighed calmly and without pre-judgement against the actions of the poor Hezbollah and Hamas freedom fighters and an amicable solution found. Probably, the surrender of just a little more land by the Israelis will do the trick and peace will reign.

I would like to offer my services to conduct such talks. As some may remember, I served with valor and intrepidity beyond the call of duty in Vietnam as attested to in my medal citations. Unfortunately, my grievous wounds prevented me from serving my full tour of duty and the additional tours I so badly wanted. I was sent home against my wishes and the dream temporarily ended.

However, still resolved to end the war and let the parties live in peace, I returned to Washington and told the truth about the war. I was in physical pain from my wounds when I testified before Congress but my mind was sharp, clear and focused. My efforts paid off when the folly of the U.S. continuing the war on Vietnam was finally impressed on our nation and honorable peace was achieved in that torn country.

So, I stand ready to serve once again. I would propose convening the parties in a place where serious work could be undertaken without distraction. Paris, Gstaad, or Aspen would be appropriate to the task.

America, I stand ready to once again Report For Duty!

JFK

(I can't attribute the Dean quote but it was included in a piece in today's paper by James Lileks of Newhouse News Service, a reliable source.)

Schadow
fortdixlover

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2006 3:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Schadow wrote:
I've taken a stab at a ficticious announcement from Kerry:
Quote:
The Middle East is indeed in a precarious state. It need not have been that way had Democrats still been in charge of our foreign policy. As our Chairman, Howard Dean, said recently:
Quote:
"If you think what's going on in the Middle East today would be going on if the Democrats were in control, it wouldn't, because we would have worked day after day after day to make sure we didn't get to where we are today. We would have had the moral authority that Bill Clinton had ... when he brought together the Israelis and Palestinians."

Yes, we Democrats proposed again and again that Israel give up land for peace and they did. Things were starting to improve markedly when, through thievery, the Democrats lost control of the White House and chaos ensued in the Middle East.

What is needed now is a voice with the persuasive moral authority and the same knowledge of warfare as Bill Clinton to come forward and, once again, bring the warring parties to the table. There the outlandishly disproportionate response of the Israelis to the mere taking of a few prisoners can be weighed calmly and without pre-judgement against the actions of the poor Hezbollah and Hamas freedom fighters and an amicable solution found. Probably, the surrender of just a little more land by the Israelis will do the trick and peace will reign.

I would like to offer my services to conduct such talks. As some may remember, I served with valor and intrepidity beyond the call of duty in Vietnam as attested to in my medal citations. Unfortunately, my grievous wounds prevented me from serving my full tour of duty and the additional tours I so badly wanted. I was sent home against my wishes and the dream temporarily ended.

However, still resolved to end the war and let the parties live in peace, I returned to Washington and told the truth about the war. I was in physical pain from my wounds when I testified before Congress but my mind was sharp, clear and focused. My efforts paid off when the folly of the U.S. continuing the war on Vietnam was finally impressed on our nation and honorable peace was achieved in that torn country.

So, I stand ready to serve once again. I would propose convening the parties in a place where serious work could be undertaken without distraction. Paris, Gstaad, or Aspen would be appropriate to the task.

America, I stand ready to once again Report For Duty!

JFK

(I can't attribute the Dean quote but it was included in a piece in today's paper by James Lileks of Newhouse News Service, a reliable source.)

Schadow

No need for fiction.

Kerry: "If I was president, this wouldn't have happened."

Kerry knocks Bush on handling of Mideast conflict

http://www.detnews.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20060723/UPDATE/607230360

-- FDL
Schadow
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2006 3:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

fortdixlover wrote:
.....No need for fiction.

Yeah, joeshero posted that Detroit statement over in Geedunk

This fraud kerry needs a reality check - badly.

Schadow
fortdixlover

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2006 9:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Taranto chimes in:

http://www.opinionjournal.com/best

Best of the Web
BY JAMES TARANTO
Monday, July 24, 2006 3:16 p.m. EDT

John Kerry and the Problem of Evil
The Detroit News goes out for a drink with a visitor from the east:

U.S. Sen. John Kerry, D-Mass., who was in town Sunday to help Gov. Jennifer Granholm campaign for her re-election bid, took time to take a jab at the Bush administration for its lack of leadership in the Israeli-Lebanon conflict.

"If I was president, this wouldn't have happened," said Kerry during a noon stop at Honest John's bar and grill in Detroit's Cass Corridor.

Now, our first thought when we read this was: Yeah, if Kerry were president, he wouldn't spend his days moping around some bar in Detroit. But then we realized that's not what he meant. He meant that if he were president, Hezbollah wouldn't be waging war on Israel. Just like, as John Edwards said in 2004, "we will stop juvenile diabetes, Parkinson's, Alzheimer's and other debilitating diseases. . . . People like Chris Reeve will get out of their wheelchairs and walk again."

If Kedwards have the power to eliminate war and disease, why don't they use it? This is the age-old problem of evil:

Why does [John Kerry] allow evil? If He is all powerful, then He should be able to prevent it. If He is omnipotent and does nothing about evil, then we suspect that there are limits to His goodness, that there is something wrong with Him, that He is not all good. Perhaps He has an evil streak, or is truly malicious and we are merely His toys--expendable and counting for nothing.

Or perhaps, like Al Gore, he doesn't exist.
JN173
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2006 9:40 pm    Post subject: Re: Is Kerry keeping his mouth shut? Reply with quote

fortdixlover wrote:

-- FDL

From the subject line I was expecting a joke! Confused
joe_madeup
Seaman Apprentice

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2006 3:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Libertyblog has a good takedown of Kerry's above-noted mouth-flapping:

http://libertyblog.com/archives/007931.html#007931
fortdixlover

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2006 11:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

joe_madeup wrote:
Libertyblog has a good takedown of Kerry's above-noted mouth-flapping

I think you've selected the wrong orifice.

-- FDL
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: