SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Mel Gibson Police Report

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SBD
Admiral

PostPosted: Sun Jul 30, 2006 11:09 am    Post subject: Mel Gibson Police Report Reply with quote

MEL GIBSON'S POLICE REPORT

SBD
Me#1You#10
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Jul 30, 2006 2:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why these superstars don't have keepers on both elbows 24/7 is beyond me. Gibson has obvious problems, the least of which is alchohol abuse...and he'll be a long time recovering credibility lost from his anti-Jew (that better Jack?) tirade, if ever. A lamentable story.
joeshero
Commander

PostPosted: Sun Jul 30, 2006 3:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This reminds me of Bobby Fischer, the chess genius--and maybe the greatest chess player in the history of the game. A notoriously anti-Jew, Bobby blames his irresponsible personal behavior on Jew.

Just like Bobby Fisher is never recovered from his mental illness, I think Mel Gibson will suffer almost the same fate unless he is willing to take "recovery" therapy, be more humble and...just do as what he was trying to portray in his movie "the Passion of the Christ".

It's really strange that all these anti Jew, from Islamofacists, some famous people and to the current regime in Iran, are committing self destructive acts.

On the larger context, I do think that the solution to the crisis in the Middle East is to eradicate anti-Jew and the hatred for the Jews which are so prevalent in the region. Until then, violence and conflict will never end.
NortonPete
PO2

PostPosted: Sun Jul 30, 2006 4:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wonder what he was drinking? Nothing seems to work that well anymore for me. Must be some good stuff or being married 25 years has really taken the edge off of life Confused

Update: I'm surely not making light of this. I read he was going an excessive speed that could have resulted in someones death. But my comment really was meant to highlight the fact that although legally drunk he appears to be legally insane on top of it all.

Last edited by NortonPete on Sun Jul 30, 2006 8:38 pm; edited 1 time in total
LewWaters
Admin

PostPosted: Sun Jul 30, 2006 5:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I cannot or will not justify or condone Gibson's actions. He must pay for his transgressions as any other citizen would, save someone with the last name of Kennedy.

I cannot help but remember the lack of media attaention or uproar over the transgressions of certain inebriated members of a certain massachussetts family recently and in times past.

DUI is serious and no one should be immune from prosecution for it.
Uisguex Jack
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2006 1:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So..... What to say.

My experience with this was a bit much. I've been absent these parts a bit by way of a cardiac pinnacle in blood pressure and the little heart attack stuff.

Of late I'm dealing with my widowed fathers new fiancé who espouses the virtues of Al Gore and M. Moore over the diner table day in and day out.

This is not good for the blood pressure.
Amusingly enough she (died in the wool, communist-democrat) vilifies the mendacious poodle Kerry.

Last night I read the Gibson story and when confronted with 'small talk' conversation mentioned the details therein.

The response was that Gibson’s statements were right on the mark, factual history.

I shocked, yet trying not too keel over on my newly administered beta blockers grasped for something to say.

I still am in shock. When it comes up again, and trust me it will... The only word I can come up with to assert is 'Disgusting'.

A radical liberal, who watches zero news, reads no news, did not know who wrote the three musketeers..... now blames Jews for all wars in the history of mankind....

I'm taking an aspirin and going back to bed!
Navy_Navy_Navy
Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2006 2:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Uisguex Jack wrote:
Of late I'm dealing with my widowed fathers new fiancé who espouses the virtues of Al Gore and M. Moore over the diner table day in and day out.

Whoaaaaaa - yeeeikes!! Confused There are just some things which go beyond the pale! Wink How totally unsuitable for dinner table conversation. Unless you're on a diet, I guess. Very Happy

Airheads. Ya gotta laugh, Jack, 'cause these dern beta blockers don't block everything that needs blocking! LOL!

I'm really sad about Mel Gibson's showing his butt like that. No wonder his life is "f*****," as he so eloquently (not!) and frequently and loudly stated.

I'm sorry for him. I know what it feels like to hit bottom. Oddly enough, the Passion of the Christ was like a turning point for me - helping me to climb up out of the dregs and dark and musty air and into the light. How can someone who made such a beautiful, art-filled movie have this much ugliness come spewing out of him?

He told the story of the Passion better than it's ever been told - and yet, he has somehow missed that our Savior WAS a Jew? That the covenant we are under now is the fulfilment of the Levitical law? Our salvation is FROM the Jews!

Mel has missed a big point of the Messiah's life and death. Sad I'm really sad for him.
I B Squidly
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2006 5:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DAMM as in Drunks Against Mad Mothers and damn! in the old fashioned way. Mel certainly slammed his **** in the drawer on this one. His apology was swift and abject.....he still deserves 30 days. Under the circumstance any utterance could be expected to be irrational. His subject line was unfortunate and the timing really lousy. Still, were he anyone but Mel who'ld have known or cared. Now, if he were Diana Ross he could throw 70k at the Police Benevolence whatever and make his court appearance in abstentia. Most of us remember when Drinking and Driving was America's favorite past-time.

Mel's father moved the family to Australia to avoid the Viet Nam draft for his progeny. Yet, Mel's "We Were Soldiers" may be the best 'Nam film. "Green Berets" was on today and what a sorry comparison.

"The Passion" is the most acclaimed snuff flick of all time. It's a remarkable view of life circa 32AD. But, if that man died for me it did little of us much good.

In the "Patriot" he puts an agreeable mask to the brutal racist, Francis Marion. Go figure.

-Wlm Shakespeare
GenrXr
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2006 10:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Catholic Church is already under fire for weak support of Israel and now Gibson who donated 100 million last year is on record basically saying we need to kill all those damn Jews because they are the cause of wars and the suffering of humanity.

The Catholic Church will never cease to amaze me with its PR savvy. At some point in the future I would like the Church to get the stop hating the Jews memo out to all of its parishioners.

And yes I blame the Church for Mel's alleged Jew hating tirade, because the Church has done hardly anything to bring the Jew into its warm embrace.
Me#1You#10
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2006 12:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This particular Pandora's box is now closed./me#1
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: