SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Unaminous Senate Vote -Mt. Soledad Memorial in Federal Hands

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
shawa
CNO

PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2006 3:40 pm    Post subject: Unaminous Senate Vote -Mt. Soledad Memorial in Federal Hands Reply with quote

This is indeed good news!!
Signon San Diego

note: Shawa, my apologies. I meant to quote your post but inadvertently hit the edit icon by mistake (an occupational hazard I'm afraid) Please re-post what you deem appropriate. Embarassed/me#1
Me#1You#10
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2006 4:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
McElroy said he didn't expect California Sens. Dianne Feinstein and Barbara Boxer, both Democrats, to embrace the measure as they did.

“I didn't expect them to go with this fad,” McElroy said. “But this has become good fodder for politicians in an election year.”

Feinstein and Boxer tend to be staunch church-state separation advocates. But both also support a plan to spend federal money to preserve California missions that hold church services because, the senators argue, the missions have historical significance.

“The Mount Soledad cross has been a great source of hope and inspiration for decades, and it has important historical significance to veterans and San Diegans alike,” Feinstein said.

Boxer said, “I believe this monument to be a memorial to our veterans, and therefore should be allowed to stay. The Hunter bill was drafted in a way that is consistent with the latest court action.”

I am encouraged that there appears to be at least a small remnant of sanity remaining, even among the most liberal of politicians. This litigious assault on traditional American values may have met its Waterloo. Let's hope so.
dusty
Admiral

PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2006 4:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dianne Feinstein and Barbara Boxer had a lucid moment.

We need to make a note. Very Happy Very Happy

This is good news indeed and quite surprising in today's atmosphere.

Dusty
Psycmeistr
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2006 5:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is wonderful news!!!

I blogged about it here.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: