SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Joe Scarborough: Petard, Hoisted on one's own

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Me#1You#10
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2006 12:40 am    Post subject: Joe Scarborough: Petard, Hoisted on one's own Reply with quote

Quote:
But we do need a president who, I think, is intellectually curious. And that is a big question, whether George W. Bush has the intellectual curiousness—if that‘s a word—to continue leading this country over the next couple of years?

Joe Scarborough, Aug 15, 2006
Scarborough Country

Hey Joe...SHADDAP you bloomin' idjut.

P.S. Tell your "intellectually curious" transcriber to get an "intellectually compensatory" spellchecker...

Scarborough Country Transcriber wrote:
JOHN FUND, OPINIONJOURNAL.COM: It‘s the wrong question. Look, George Bush wakes up every morning and for the whole day he arm wrestles the English language and he often looses.

Last edited by Me#1You#10 on Thu Aug 17, 2006 4:14 am; edited 1 time in total
dusty
Admiral

PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2006 2:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Intellectually curious? And just who in the world does Joe envision that person being?
What in the HE double L does that even mean. Intellectually curious!

What a dumb a.. thing to say.

Dusty
LewWaters
Admin

PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2006 4:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some on the left have started quoting Scarborough as if he were the ultimate word on Conservatism.

If Joe feels he will save the Republican Party by bashing Bush, he is dead wrong. He, and others who are doing likewise, are setting the party up for the same type of leftist takeover as happened to the Democrats years ago.

Joe Scarborough, although a "former" Congressman, is nowhere near the final word on matters. Bush, while not the best America can offer (none have been for a very long time), is who the American people selected. He has faced more and harder resistance than any President I can remember in my lifetime. Still, he gets up and does his job, better than at leaast one recent President.

If all they want is a glib talker, better be careful. Some of the biggest despots in history were charismatic speakers.

Now I know why I never watch Scarborough Country. Wink
Me#1You#10
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2006 4:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Scarborough knows what ideology butters his bread at MSNBC.
GenrXr
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2006 8:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I used to like Joe, but his mind has went to mush. Joe last thing we need is an intellectual explorer for a leader and most of the hard work was already accomplished by the ancient Greeks so what exactly are our leaders to magically discover during this quixotic quest you speak of?

Besides, and with all due respect to the brilliant erudite, I would much rather have a 'Leonidas' in charge than to have Victor Davis Hanson running the show while we are at war.
GoophyDog
PO1

PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2006 1:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Simply turn the clock back 6 years and its the same people with just different words. Remember when the MSM said Gov. Bush lacked "gravi tas" - he would be inept in any crisis?

Seems to me they sort of stopped saying that right after 9/11.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: