SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

I have no faith in our national leaders

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Richard
Ensign

PostPosted: Thu May 27, 2004 4:51 am    Post subject: I have no faith in our national leaders Reply with quote

I just saw a few bites of the speech VP Al Gore made today. Honestly, I was embarrassed. First, he called for the resignation of our top leaders in the NSC and DOD; Rumsfeld; Wolfowitz; Condi Rice; et al. Then he asked how dare the current Administration dishonor the US by dragging it through the mud of Abu Ghraib Prison. I don't know the word in French, but in English we call that "Demagoguery"
    Demagoguery:
    1. a leader who makes use of popular prejudices and false claims and promises in order to gain power

It proves to me that anyone with the right connections can become a national leader, no matter what he thinks or says. With Bill Clinton it was Senator Fulbright. With Al Gore, it was his father, Al Gore Sr. With the Kennedy clan, it started with Joe Kennedy. Now the patriarch is Ted Kennedy. And that's where we come to John Forbes Kerry.

We've heard from Senator Kennedy before. He claimed the war in Iraq was planned in Texas for the benefit of the Republican Party. He said President Bush was bribing foreign leaders to support U.S. efforts in Iraq. He has said that Iraq is George Bush's Vietnam.

Now Al Gore steps up to the plate again. My question to Al Gore is How dare you open your mouth in criticism of President Bush after the mess you and Bill Jefferson (BJ) Clinton left him?

Richard
Navy_Navy_Navy
Admin

PostPosted: Thu May 27, 2004 5:05 am    Post subject: I have no faith in our electorate Reply with quote

We're the ones who keep electing these clowns.

We voted for Clinton TWICE, despite his disgrace of the office, despite his shrill co-president wife and but for our electoral system, and Gore's insistence on taking the recounts to the Supreme Court, we'd have had algore in charge the day the spit hit the fan. Just the thought makes me cringe.

We are in the war for our lives and our children's lives. There's only one thing that matters in this election. We either continue to fight this war on terror and fight it to win, or we are in for battles and skirmishes and a series of 9-11's well into our grandchildren's lives. These domestic issues don't amount to anything if we are not safe.

And we are NOT safe - we've never BEEN safe, since war was declared upon us by Bin Laden, many years ago.

How many 9-11's will it take to wake people up from this illusion that we are?
Speedy
Seaman Apprentice

PostPosted: Thu May 27, 2004 5:31 am    Post subject: Re: I have no faith in our national leaders Reply with quote

Richard wrote:

If Kennedy's head was a pumpkin...it would cost $40
Scott
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Fri May 28, 2004 2:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd pay a lot more than that to see Kennedy's head become a pumpkin.

What's the matter? You can't swim with an Oldsmobile wrapped around you?
Marine4life
Senior Chief Petty Officer

PostPosted: Fri May 28, 2004 2:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Market it as a Chappy pumpkin, wow and already carved!!!
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: