SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

"Kidman condemns Hamas, Hezbollah"

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Me#1You#10
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2006 1:36 pm    Post subject: "Kidman condemns Hamas, Hezbollah" Reply with quote

This is encouraging. While I'm unsure that this represents much more than a ripple in the torrent of anti-American, anti-Israel fervor that has possessed Hollywood for longer than I care to remember, it is, nonetheless, quite remarkable...

Perhaps even more remarkable (or more likely NOT?), is that (as of this writing and according to Powerline) only ONE MSM entity (the Boston Herald) has elected to cover this Australia-generated story...

Quote:
Kidman condemns Hamas, Hezbollah
From correspondents in Los Angeles
Herald Sun
August 17, 2006

NICOLE Kidman has made a public stand against terrorism.

The actress, joined by 84 other high-profile Hollywood stars, directors, studio bosses and media moguls, has taken out a powerfully-worded full page advertisement in today's Los Angeles Times newspaper.

It specifically targets "terrorist organisations" such as Hezbollah in Lebanon and Hamas in Palestine.

"We the undersigned are pained and devastated by the civilian casualties in Israel and Lebanon caused by terrorist actions initiated by terrorist organisations such as Hezbollah and Hamas," the ad reads.

"If we do not succeed in stopping terrorism around the world, chaos will rule and innocent people will continue to die.

"We need to support democratic societies and stop terrorism at all costs."

A who's who of Hollywood heavyweights joined Kidman on the ad.

The actors listed included: Michael Douglas, Dennis Hopper, Sylvester Stallone, Bruce Willis, Danny De Vito, Don Johnson, James Woods, Kelly Preston, Patricia Heaton and William Hurt.

Directors Ridley Scott, Tony Scott, Michael Mann, Dick Donner and Sam Raimi also signed their names.

Other Hollywood powerplayers supporting the ad included Sumner Redstone, the chairman and majority owner of Paramount Pictures, and billionaire mogul, Haim Saban.

Herald Sun

HT: Powerline
dusty
Admiral

PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2006 2:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

How about that. Maybe there are some John Waynes left out there after all.
My hat's off to em then.

Dusty
PhantomSgt
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2006 9:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would go along with "Jane" Wayne maybe. I knew there was something that attracted me to Nicole besides her stunning good looks.

Thank God she shed herself of the Nut Case (Tom Cruise).

Independent that leans right of center.
MrJapan
PO1

PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2006 3:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
"If we do not succeed in stopping terrorism around the world, chaos will rule and innocent people will continue to die.

"We need to support democratic societies and stop terrorism at all costs."

Am I dreaming? Something seems terribly (or greatly in this case) off :O
I hope that this is really coming from them and their hearts... to be finally realizing that there is a REAL world out here and that it is dangerous..

Thanks for the nice article Me#1 Wink
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: