SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

SVFT retooling to take on Murtha?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
fortdixlover
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2006 2:50 am    Post subject: SVFT retooling to take on Murtha? Reply with quote

Heard Hannity on radio today say "The Swifboat Veterans for Truth" were retooling to take on Murtha. He said something like the SVFT had renamed themselves Veterans for Truth.

Was his statement a bit confused, or did I hear wrong?

-- FDL

Note: FDL posts Geedunk Topic #10,000! Laughing /me#1
Me#1You#10
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2006 3:00 am    Post subject: Re: SVFT retooling to take on Murtha? Reply with quote

fortdixlover wrote:
Heard Hannity on radio today say "The Swifboat Veterans for Truth" were retooling to take on Murtha. He said something like the SVFT had renamed themselves Veterans for Truth.

Was his statement a bit confused, or did I hear wrong?

-- FDL

FDL...most likely Hannity was just as bolloxed as the MSM and confused Vets For The Truth (Larry Bailey's new organization) with the Swiftees.
LewWaters
Admin

PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2006 3:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I heard that on Hannity today also and did a double take as I had already heard Larry Baily deny being a Swiftee.

Quote:
Addressing accusations from the Murtha rally that they were nothing but a bunch of "carpetbaggers" and "swift boaters," local veteran Mark Parker, Waynesburg, PA, said, "That's not true. We're not the Swift Boat Veterans. They are an entirely separate group, but thanks for the compliment. We're local veterans, local guys."

BootMurtha.com
Me#1You#10
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2006 3:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
... local veteran Mark Parker, Waynesburg, PA, said, "That's not true. We're not the Swift Boat Veterans. They are an entirely separate group, but thanks for the compliment. We're local veterans, local guys."

Mark Parker...YOU DA MAN! BZ! Wink
Psycmeistr
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2006 4:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeppers!

J. Toy
Seaman Apprentice

PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2006 5:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

And this over at Polipundit

http://polipundit.com/

Swift Boaters Target Murtha
JOHNSTOWN, Pa. — Two years after a cadre of veterans helped sink the presidential campaign of Sen. John F. Kerry (D-Mass.), they have found a new target in the old steel country of southwestern Pennsylvania: Democratic Rep. John P. Murtha.
In a fight that organizers say will feature rallies, TV ads and an aggressive Internet campaign, these activists are promising to make Murtha pay for his criticism of the Iraq war.
Recent Spotlight on America guest and Republican candidate Diana Irey likely doesn’t mind the new push to ouster Murtha from the seat she’s trying to take from him. If you want to lend a hand head over to Irey’s website. Speaking of Irey, she was on Slimeball with Chris Matthews Thursday.
-- KnightHawk
fortdixlover
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2006 11:39 am    Post subject: Re: SVFT retooling to take on Murtha? Reply with quote

Quote:
Note: FDL posts Geedunk Topic #10,000! Laughing /me#1

Ummm...do I get a prize??? Jane Fonda voodoo doll? Razz
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: