SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Yet another MSM mainstay proves itself garbage

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
fortdixlover
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Sat Aug 26, 2006 12:34 am    Post subject: Yet another MSM mainstay proves itself garbage Reply with quote

This LGF comment by Zombie, the exposer of the Lebanon ambulance fraud (see this link), is a must-read for SVFT participants. Yet another MSM person from a revered MSM mainstay (Editor & Publisher Magazine) proves he is an absolute idiot and terrorism apologist:

zombie via the LGF comments section wrote:
#12 zombie 8/25/2006 10:02AM PDT

Editor & Publisher's Greg Mitchell agrees with Chavez, and defends the claims that Israel committed war crimes. This man is completely out of his mind:

Greg Mitchell of Editor and Publisher magazine wrote:
Editor & Publisher: zombietime is full of ****

Since my first column, the same blogs are in a tizzy over the "zombietime" site proving that the July 23 incident, in which two Red Cross ambulances were hit from the air by the Israelis, never happened. Needless to say, there is no such proof, and my favorite line comes near the end when the writer observes "Israel already admitted to carrying out the attack," adding dryly that this is "an interesting point."

Does this stop him? Alas, no. He goes on to assert that "all signs" point to a "clumsy hoax," complete with ambulances towed from a junk yard and "Red Cross workers feigning minor injuries." Perhaps the Israeli missiles were fired from the Grassy Knoll.

Of course I didn't say that Israel admitted to carrying out the attack: I posited the statement as something someone who disagreed with me might say! Which I then go on to thoroughly rebut!

Beyond hubris. Greg Mitchell is either physically blind, or an extremely evil man. I actually thought that the proof that the attacks never happened was so overwhelmingly lock-solid irrefutable that the LLLs' only possible response would be to ignore my report. But no! He actually defends the validity of the attack! With no evidence!

--FDL
NortonPete
PO2

PostPosted: Sat Aug 26, 2006 12:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fortdix thanks for starting a separate thread on this.

To add a bit to the MSM discredibility here is the real Greg Mitchell's column
from 2003 obtained through the WayBackMachine. Not the one he just altered yesterday afternoon. Seems we will need to do this with anything the MSM refers to as they just go and edit any archived story to fit their current agenda.
Quote:
MAY 20, 2003
'E&P' Editor Had a 'Jayson Blair' Moment
Learning From a Youthful Misdeed

By Greg Mitchell

NEW YORK -- Opinion

Since the press seems to be in full-disclosure mode these days, I want to finally come clean. Back when I worked for the Niagara Falls (N.Y.) Gazette (now the Niagara Gazette), our city editor asked me to find out what tourists thought about an amazing local event: Engineers had literally "turned off" the famous cataracts, diverting water so they could shore up the crumbling rock face. Were visitors disappointed to find a trickle rather than a roar? Or thrilled about witnessing this once-in-a-lifetime stunt?

I never found out. Oh, I went down to the falls, all right, but when I got there, I discovered that I just could not wander up to strangers (even dorky ones wearing funny hats and knee socks) and ask them for their personal opinions, however innocuous. It was a puffball assignment, but that wasn't why I rebelled. I just could not bring myself to do it.

So I sat on a park bench and scribbled out a few fake notes and then went back to the office and wrote my fake story, no doubt quoting someone like Jane Smith from Seattle, honeymooning with her husband Oscar, saying something like, "Gosh, I never knew there was so much rock under there!"

Of course, I got away with it. There was no Jane Smith to complain about being misquoted, and no one was going to call all the Smiths in Seattle to find out if she really existed. I suppose the world was none the worse for it. As a story, it wasn't exactly on a par with a sniper shooting up the suburbs of Washington.
shawa
CNO

PostPosted: Sat Aug 26, 2006 10:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

fortdixlover said
Quote:
proves he is an absolute idiot

He's a freakin loonie, Gotta be braindead. What kind of idiot would go back and alter the 2003 article after it has
already been posted on many blogs??

Doesn't this just EMPHASIZE that he is just as DISHONEST today as when
he was a 19 year old. Unbelievable!!

Check out Confederate Yankee comments:
Quote:
There are 2 changes listed in 2004. They both have the 19 year old intern bit. However, the url shows the updates occuring in 2006. For example, the change linked on Wayback as "Jan 17, 2004" has embedded "20060826173129". Assuming those are Greenwich timestamps (5 hours ahead of the US east coast), it means the update was added earlier today.

Here's the Wayback change history url for the article in question
http://web.archive.org/web/*/http://www.mediainfo.com/editorandpublisher/headlines/article_display.jsp?vnu_content_id=1891030

It shows 5 changes, purporting that 3 were in 2003 and 2 in 2004. Each change link goes to a url of the form http://web.archive.org/web/ TIMESTAMP ARTICLESPECIFIC

The 3 2003 changes have url parts that agree with the date. None of these have the 19 year old intern bit. The 2 changes purporting to be from 2004 have timestamps in with 20060826 in them. The 2 changes are seconds apart and both have the 19 year old intern claim.

It wouldn't shock me if the change history gets altered again. For posterity, the current link for the first version with the 19 year old intern claim purports to be "Jan 19, 2004" but the link goes to the url "http://web.archive.org/web/20060826175353/http://www.mediainfo.com/eandp/news/article_display.jsp?vnu_content_id=1891030"

Posted by: Lewis at August 26, 2006 12:57 PM

“I love the man that can smile in trouble, that can gather strength from distress, and grow brave by reflection. ‘Tis the business of little minds to shrink; but he whose heart is firm, and whose conscience approves his conduct, will pursue his principles unto death.” (Thomas Paine, 1776)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: