SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

KERRY:In cambodia, oops I was not, now I was THREE times!!
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth
View previous topic :: View next topic  
republicanveteran
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2004 1:18 am    Post subject: KERRY:In cambodia, oops I was not, now I was THREE times!! Reply with quote

When you are caught in a lie, the best thing to do is shut up

WHEN YOU FIND YOURSELF IN A HOLE, QUIT DIGGING

Wednesday, August 11, 2004
One Kerry lie exposed, many more to Go
Well, John Kerry wasn't in Cambodia on Christmas, after all. Now he says he was there later with some Navy Seals. This should be easy to prove, if he can find some Navy Seals who can verify it, hard to prove otherwise.

How many other lies has he told over the past 33 years???

My God, wasn't the known perjurer we had in the White House from 1992 to 2000 enough. Do we want another one in John Kerry. Remember the anguish!!! Vote for Bush!!!

// posted by Proud Republican @ 6:30 PM 0 commentsO

Last edited by republicanveteran on Fri Aug 13, 2004 4:48 pm; edited 1 time in total
FireBoss59
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2004 1:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You know, I have a few Vietnam Vets in my family, and know a few more. Have talked with many others that were "in country", and the one thing that I remeber about our chats, is that when asked about "What was the one time that you remeber most about the war....?" ALL would answer first with the DATE,PLACE,TIME, WHAT THEY WERE DOING, WHAT THEY WERE EATTING, SLEEPING,DRINKING,WHATEVER, but ALL remember THE DATE....!!

Seems Kerry is alittle "fussy" on this one time deal that he "remembers" most...!! Not just now, YEARS later, but what about "right after" he returned home....?! Hmmmmmmm....... Somethings not only fishy in Denmark, but here too.!! Wonder what it could be.......? Hmmmmmm....

Ask NAVY,NAVY,NAVY.....! She knows how I "ponder" things.,!! LOL

Craig
neverforget
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2004 4:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do you have a reference for Kerry's aides now claiming he took Seals into Cambodia? I'd like to post an article on www.lucianne.com and send it in to Drudge Report.
pmc3rcc
Ensign

PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2004 4:33 am    Post subject: media doesnt want to deal in facts. Reply with quote

I only wish the message and proof reached More people. The fact that nixon was not even in office at the time kerry said he was denying he was in cambodia should be all the proof anyone needs .To know Kerry Lied.Its FACT. you cannot twist it. that alone stands as damning him ,his own words.
Hold all media accountable,If you see or hear an untruth dont let it slide EMAIL them.let them know .When they figure out they are fooling noone and it goes to their credibility and enough people let them know.Maybe the slant wont be at such an angle.
kate
Admin

PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2004 4:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's an old article....Kerry says he got his lucky hat from a CIA guy during "secret mission" in Cambodia ...

http://www.washingtonpost.com/ac2/wp-dyn/A59559-2003May30?language=printer
John Kerry: Hunter, Dreamer, Realist
Complexity Infuses Senator's Ambition
By Laura Blumenfeld
Washington Post Staff Writer
Sunday, June 1, 2003; Page A01

A close associate hints: There's a secret compartment in Kerry's briefcase. He carries the black attaché everywhere. Asked about it on several occasions, Kerry brushed it aside. Finally, trapped in an interview, he exhaled and clicked open his case.

"Who told you?" he demanded as he reached inside. "My friends don't know about this."

The hat was a little mildewy. The green camouflage was fading, the seams fraying.

"My good luck hat," Kerry said, happy to see it. "Given to me by a CIA guy as we went in for a special mission in Cambodia."

Kerry put on the hat, pulling the brim over his forehead. His blue button-down shirt and tie clashed with the camouflage. He pointed his finger and raised his thumb, creating an imaginary gun. He looked silly, yet suddenly his campaign message was clear: Citizen-soldier. Linking patriotism to public service. It wasn't complex after all; it was Kerry.

He smiled and aimed his finger: "Pow."
hankholmes
Ensign

PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2004 5:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe the lackey was parroting the info that's mentioned here?

A strong cite is on p. 324-328 - Kerry's War Notes are excerpted, and he describes his reaction to Nixon's Operation Menu, launched March 18, 1969, to bomb Cambodia. Kerry's role - he and other Swift boat ran SEALs to the Cambodian border (His last mission, BTW, contra his web-site, which says his last mission is on March 13 - release the records!).

The "strong cite" refers to the book Tour Of Duty.

http://justoneminute.typepad.com/main/2004/08/brinkley_on_ker.html
Bhist
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2004 7:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kerry lied about Cambodia? Sure!

But, most damaging for him is he did this while speaking on the Senate floor. If he can do that, then he can lie and make up more lies about a skin abrasion for a purple heart. And, this proves he is more than capable of lies in the Oval Office.

Do you want that?
BuffaloJack
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2004 11:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't believe for a second that Kerry ever went into Cambodia, but for arguement's sake lets suppose he did. If this were true then the mission would have been "top secret", given that US troops were not supposed to be there at the time. If this mission were "top secret" then it is probable that most of us wouldn't have knowledge of it. This now brings up another issue, if it were true, then Kerry would be guilty of blabbing extremely classified information. How could we ever trust a person who you couldn't trust to keep his trap shut to be the Commander In Chief of our armed forces?
Richard Christiansen
Ensign

PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2004 2:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Concerning Cambodia, I was in the Big Red 1 in Vietnam, then the 25th Division after 1st Division withdrawn in very late 69 or early 70. I was in Vietnam from June, 69 to June, 70. It would have been in early 70 I believe after being transferred to the 25th, our unit was to cross into Cambodia (exact dates, I am not sure of) I happened to be on R & R, and heard on the news while in Australia that we were going into Cambodia to contest the NVA's safe haven there (and rightfully so by the way; unlike Kennedy and Johnson who actually started our involvement in the war, Nixon actually did some things a little more correctly to try to win the war). I returned from R & R in 2 or 3 days and was told to wait for my unit to return so that I could join it. I still remember being camped on the Vietnam side of the border formed by a river; in the early AM, we were headed across the river into Cambodia again, however, we were awakened by our company commander to tell us that we would not be going because they had decided to send another unit instead, as our company had taken a number of wounded in the first trip across the border and our numbers were not what they wished it to be. Anyway, the point of all this is, it was no casual thing about knowing for sure if we were in Cambodia. Kerry is not believable or very credible on this at all. If he was there, there would be record of it. If not, I think we can assume he was lying again, as this has been established as not uncommon for him.
RideAHarley
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2004 3:28 pm    Post subject: Kerry is finally right !!! Reply with quote

HEY GUYS !!!
You guys are all wrong, Kerry is telling the true (that he wasn't actually in Cambodia but was close) then that means that EVERYONE that served in VietNam was in Cambodia too, because we were all close (at least closer than anyone else East of the Los Angeles (geez, I hate it when I wake up and find out I didn't know where I was for 14 months, must have been that Tiger Beer huh) !!!

Semper Fi
RideAHarley.com - Prescott, Arizona

Last edited by RideAHarley on Sun Sep 05, 2004 12:42 am; edited 1 time in total
McCloud
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2004 4:19 pm    Post subject: The sixth, or is it seventh version? Reply with quote

Jewish World Review August 12, 2004 / 25 Menachem-Av, 5764
Tony Snow

Swift Boats, Continued
http://www.NewsAndOpinion.com | I had an interesting talk with Jim Hurley, the head of Vietnam Veterans for Kerry. Not surprisingly, he disparaged Swift Boat Veterans for Truth, whom he called "Swift Boat Veterans for Bush," and urged one and all to look at the military records reproduced on the Kerry for President website.

The most interesting part of the talk concerned the latest account of John Kerry's whereabouts on Christmas Day, 1968. Kerry's account of this list has shifted and changed constantly over the last 35 years. Some versions have him spending the day in Cambodia, dropping off spies. Others have him in a barracks, 55 miles from the Cambodian border, scribbling entries into his diary. Hurley offered a hybrid today, saying Kerry was ordered onto the water Christmas day, made his way to the Cambodian border, endured three separate engagements with the enemy, and returned home. I count at least six distinct versions of Kerry's whereabouts on that day, including this one, released Wednesday by Michael Meehan of the Kerry campaign:

"During John Kerry's service in Vietnam, many times he was on or near the Cambodian border and on one occasion crossed into Cambodia at the request of members of a special operations group operating out of Ha Tien.

"On December 24, 1968 Lieutenant John Kerry and his crew were on patrol in the watery borders between Vietnam and Cambodia deep in enemy territory. In the early afternoon, Kerry's boat, PCF-44, was at Sa Dec and then headed north to the Cambodian border. There, Kerry and his crew along with two other boats were ambushed, taking fire from both sides of the river, and after the firefight were fired upon again. Later that evening during their night patrol they came under friendly fire.

"It is an acknowledged fact that Swift Boat crews regularly operated along the Cambodian border from Ha Tien on the Gulf of Thailand to the rivers of the Mekong south and west of Saigon. Boats often received fire from enemy taking sanctuary across the border. Kerry's was not the only United States riverboat to respond and inadvertently or responsibly across the border. In fact, it was this reality that lead President Nixon to later invade Cambodia itself in 1970."

Curiouser and curiouser. Stay tuned.

Every weekday JewishWorldReview.com publishes what many in Washington and in the media consider "must reading." Sign up for the daily JWR update. It's free. Just click here.

Comment on JWR contributor, and syndicated talk show host, Tony Snow's column by clicking here.

Tony Snow Archives
You GottaBeKidding
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2004 4:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dontcha just love the phrase "watery borders". Storytelling at its finest.

The guy's in a boat, for cryin' out loud... It stands to reason he'd be on the water, doesn't it. Sheesh.
Richard Christiansen
Ensign

PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2004 4:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for everyone's sense of humor. This is getting worse than "the dog ate my homework routine!" Or maybe it depends on what the meaning of the word "is" is?
McCloud
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2004 4:51 pm    Post subject: More from Radio Talk Show host Hugh Hewitt's web site Reply with quote

LYING AND ITS IMPACT ON CREDIBILITY

An interesting juxtaposition: Scot Peterson's lie to Amber Frey about being in Paris, and John Kerry's lies to the Senate about being in Cambodia on Christmas Eve 1968. Peterson's lie has practically guaranteed his conviction as whatever small bit of credibility he possessed is now destroyed. John Kerry, on the other hand, got a pass this morning from the Washington Post and the New York Times even though his campaign yesterday recanted a central detail of Kerry's Vietnam narrative that he has been peddling for three decades --a memory that he says was "seared, seared" into his consciousness, the Christmas Eve illegal voyage deep into Cambodian waters. Peterson lied to advance his chances of keeping up the ruse with Frey; Kerry lied to pad his political resume and add heft to his declamations about illegal wars. One lie was personal and intended to advance private gain; the other public and intended to advance political goals. The backdrop of the former is a double murder, of course, and the latter only prersonal ambition, but the immense gap in impact between the two is not because one is more destructive of credibility than the other, but simply because the media is chosing to treat it that way.

The new front in John Kerry's Kurtz Chronicles concerns the new story, which conveniently appeared yesterday after 30 years in the back room. Turns out that "[d]uring John Kerry's service in Vietnam, many times he was on or near the Cambodian border and on one occasion crossed into Cambodia at the request of a special operations group operating out of Ha Tien." This is a statement put out by Kerry spokemsan Michael Meehan, and quoted in a column by Tony Snow. As a stonewall, this one was put together by a master mason, covering as it does the numerous versions of the sailing into Cambodia story that Kerry has peddled over the years, and perhaps even the "magic hat." But it also tries to do too much, I think, because its very specificity calls into question how John Kerry could have confused this one mission with a Christmas Eve adventure and a CIA man getting dropped off, hatless, inside Cambodian waters.

Over and over again, veterans of that era have stressed that all special operation insertions in that period into Cambodia were done via air or overland to avoid the huge diplomatic problem that would come with the capture of marked American boats, and also the nature of the waterway border and where it was sealed. How very strange that the only swift boat Cambodian mission that any swift boat veteran can recall is the one John Kerry took, and that he's the only one that can recall it. Will anyone be asking for more details today? Or does Scot Peterson really deserve all the scrutiny when it comes to the telling of lies?
greasepaint
Seaman

PostPosted: Fri Aug 13, 2004 4:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We need more info about Kerry's claim of taking Navy
seals into Cambodia.
Who were the rest of Kerry's crew?
Did the crew Kerry used, always changing?
Had US flag on boat, or not?
Are the seals still alive?
How did they get out?
What does Kerry's superior say?
Possible date?
Who else knew the boat's location, only Kerry?
LBJ or Nixon, pres at the time?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: