SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

John O'Neill on CNN - Wolf Blitzer

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Me#1You#10
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2004 9:06 pm    Post subject: John O'Neill on CNN - Wolf Blitzer Reply with quote

Coming up next....post your comments here.

Admiral Crowe(sp?)(ret), former CH/JCS, for the Kerry defense...this should get interesting.

Last edited by Me#1You#10 on Thu Aug 12, 2004 1:11 am; edited 2 times in total
4moreyears
Former Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2004 9:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well done interview.
hanna
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2004 9:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WHOA....I never saw anyone shoot somebody dead without a gun before!!! He was TERRIFIC. He stood right up to that big shot, looked him square in the eye and literally had him shaking:))) Shaking mad I'm sure:) awwwwwwwwww
integritycounts
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2004 9:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

the Admiral embarassed himself it was so bad I felt sorry that he had to come to try to sell his story, he never spoke to anyone, besides Kerry's staff

Last edited by integritycounts on Wed Aug 11, 2004 9:35 pm; edited 1 time in total
Bob Chamberlain
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2004 9:34 pm    Post subject: Just Saw The Program Reply with quote

John O'Neill did his usual fantastic job. Well, maybe there is ONE lawyer who might make it into Heaven.
low26
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2004 9:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

All in all a good interview,O'Neill was fabulous.Blitzer well he was Blitzer kept trying to cut off O'Neill but allot came out. And you are right the Admiral was shaking mad,O'Neil remained calm and to the point
kurtsprincess
Seaman Apprentice

PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2004 9:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

John O'Neill was wonderful.

This is the third time I've seen him be interviewed and each time he's come off as very stong, determined and backed by faith in the truth.

A people that values its privileges above its principles soon loses both.
History does not long entrust the care of freedom to the weak or the timid.
Dwight D. Eisenhower
Me#1You#10
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2004 10:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And he'll get better as he gets more and more of these under his belt.

Has Tony Rose called yet? Brian Lamb? Those are the venues where you can get some SERIOUS, in depth conversation.
redneckvet
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2004 10:02 pm    Post subject: Just saw the interview Reply with quote

Excellent interview. Wolf tried to lead O'Neill away from the subject with comments about the co-author but he deftly brought the subject back to John Kerry.
4moreyears
Former Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2004 10:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When O'Neill's account is finally proved to the general population and media then I believe there should be a petition to have him awarded the Medal of Honor. He sure will be deserving of it.

And hopefully some of Kerry's medals will be recinded.
RemodelingGuy
Ensign

PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2004 10:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dayam!!!!!!

Was taking my afternoon "Grampa Snooze".

I take it we won one for OUR side?
MarineBrat
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2004 11:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

4moreyears wrote:
When O'Neill's account is finally proved to the general population and media then I believe there should be a petition to have him awarded the Medal of Honor. He sure will be deserving of it.

And something special for all of the Swifties....

The Navy Presidential Unit Citation

Criteria

The Navy Presidential Unit Citation is awarded in the name of the President to units of the Armed Forces of the United States and cobelligerent nations for extraordinary heroism in action against an armed enemy. The unit must have accomplished its mission under such extremely difficult and hazardous conditions to set it apart from and above other units participating in the same campaign. The degree of heroism required is the same as that which would be required for award of a Navy Cross to an individual.

http://www.gruntsmilitary.com/npresunit.shtml[/img]
Me#1You#10
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2004 1:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd like to see a comparative body language analysis done by a professional on this one.
Mark
Ensign

PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2004 9:03 am    Post subject: Let's Focus Reply with quote

Admin..please get this in the appropriate thread(s).
I am far having the conn here but it seems to me it's time to start pinning some of these dissenting witnesses to some bulkheads. You all have noted that factcheck tore up the SwiftVets side.
Somebody appearing in the media (the superb O'Neill?) should pose some direct questions. For Rassman: Were there any other Swifts in the vicinity when you were recovered? If so, were they ignoring you? Were any others blown into the water, like from PCF-3? If so, who recovered them and were they also recommended for Silver Stars? Given all this gunfire you claim, how is it that no boat nor crew member was hit by that gunfire?
With respect to the Silver Star citation: why signed by John Lehman many years later? Is that version identical to the original? Given the cited superior enemy force, what happened to that force when it seems the only engagement was with a single VC? Why (again) was neither the boat nor a crew member hit by this superior enemy force?
With respect to the first PH, since enemy action was required, what evidence supporting such action was submitted by who to whom.
For Captain Elliot: were your medal (Silver and Bronze Star) recommendations/endorsements almost wholly dependent upon action or other reports submitted by LTJG Kerry, who you naturally presumed to be an honest and honorable officer?

This may be viewed as presumptuous but I am the moutside observer looking in, just like the average voter and media dummy (except I do have some Navy experience)
Navy_Navy_Navy
Admin

PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2004 9:15 am    Post subject: Re: Let's Focus Reply with quote

Mark wrote:
For Rassman: Were there any other Swifts in the vicinity when you were recovered?

Rassman appears to remember only Kerry's. Of course, he was staying underwater as much as possible to avoid the fire he was supposedly coming under from both banks. Wink

Quote:

With respect to the Silver Star citation: why signed by John Lehman many years later? Is that version identical to the original?

Now, this one, I know about because I transcribed them from the pdf's on Kerry's site for another forum. (Yes, he had both on his site at one time - don't know if he still does.)

The one signed by Lehman - 14 years later - was considerably embellished as to language. Made more forceful.

And I've heard that Lehman's version may have even been the third edition of that particular cititation.

I've also heard that the citation for the Bronze Star was revised at least once, and that, too, was based on the fact that there have been two versions posted on his site. I didn't personally see those two, but someone whom I trust completely did see it. (Greenhat, where are ya?)

There are many things missing from the records on Kerry's web site that HAVE existed there, in the past.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: