SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Kerry speaks about faith, 'godly tasks'

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth
View previous topic :: View next topic  
LewWaters
Admin

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2006 6:14 am    Post subject: Kerry speaks about faith, 'godly tasks' Reply with quote

Did he forget "separation of Church and State?" Amazing how the leftists find religion during campaigns, only.

Quote:

By MICHAEL R. BLOOD, Associated Press Writer
Mon Sep 18, 6:41 PM ET

MALIBU, Calif. - Democratic Sen. John Kerry on Monday urged people of faith to work cooperatively on problems such as poverty, global warming and reducing the number of abortions — "godly tasks" that transcend the nation's culture wars.

In a speech laced with anecdotes of his own journey of faith, Kerry, a Roman Catholic, told students in a speech at Pepperdine University that "we can take up God's work as our own.

"Shame on us if we use our faith to divide and alienate people from one another, or if we draft God into partisan service," Kerry said. "As God gives us the ability to see, let us take up the tasks associated with loving our neighbors as ourselves."

>>snip<<

Kerry said although he was raised Catholic, it wasn't until years after the Vietnam War that he came to a deeper understanding about his faith.

"For 12 years I wandered in the wilderness, went through a divorce and struggled with questions about my direction. Then suddenly and movingly, I had a revelation about the connection between the work I was doing as a public servant and my formative teachings. Indeed, the scriptures provided a firmer guide about values applied to life," he said.

Kerry Finds Religion

Even in pandering to Christians, he can't resist the temptation of bringing Viet Nam into the speech.
gmez2001
PO3

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2006 10:11 am    Post subject: Re: Kerry speaks about faith, 'godly tasks' Reply with quote

LewWaters wrote:
Did he forget "separation of Church and State?" Amazing how the leftists find religion during campaigns, only.

Quote:

By MICHAEL R. BLOOD, Associated Press Writer
Mon Sep 18, 6:41 PM ET

MALIBU, Calif. - Democratic Sen. John Kerry on Monday urged people of faith to work cooperatively on problems such as poverty, global warming and reducing the number of abortions — "godly tasks" that transcend the nation's culture wars.

In a speech laced with anecdotes of his own journey of faith, Kerry, a Roman Catholic, told students in a speech at Pepperdine University that "we can take up God's work as our own.

"Shame on us if we use our faith to divide and alienate people from one another, or if we draft God into partisan service," Kerry said. "As God gives us the ability to see, let us take up the tasks associated with loving our neighbors as ourselves."

>>snip<<

Kerry said although he was raised Catholic, it wasn't until years after the Vietnam War that he came to a deeper understanding about his faith.

"For 12 years I wandered in the wilderness, went through a divorce and struggled with questions about my direction. Then suddenly and movingly, I had a revelation about the connection between the work I was doing as a public servant and my formative teachings. Indeed, the scriptures provided a firmer guide about values applied to life," he said.

Kerry Finds Religion

Even in pandering to Christians, he can't resist the temptation of bringing Viet Nam into the speech.

I thought he wandered the wilderness for 40 yrs finally coming to the Lord after the vision.
One sick puppy.
Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

Last edited by gmez2001 on Tue Sep 19, 2006 10:17 am; edited 1 time in total
Deuce
Senior Chief Petty Officer

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2006 12:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sKerry is clearly torn, torn between the teachings of his Pope (who kinda supported Bush this week), and his cult leader Kofi Apocalypse Nowx2(ANAN) who's trying to bring Iraq to the 'Brink of Civil War' (could Kofi be bucking for Kerry's running mate in '08?)!!! Mr. Apocalypse Now clearly pushing Kerry's message, and perhaps because he's got his last chance to throw darts at the USA has decided to get Iraq moving to Civil War his parting shot! They would make a great pair, wouldn't they! DeerHunter (gigilo style) and Apocalypse Now!

oops shudda sed barf bag alert, sorry
Deuce
I B Squidly
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2006 10:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Today's daily asterisk from Taranto:

Quote:
* Don't get us wrong--we're not questioning Kerry's patriotism. This is a guy who not only served in Vietnam but was on track to earning 30 medals had he stayed on for a full tour of duty.

-Wlm Shakespeare
Schadow
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2006 2:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

How convenient to be in the "wilderness" (read: ignoring the commandments of his church) while he took care of little things like dumping one wife and acquiring another, richer one.

I wonder if his revelations included any regrets about trashing his fellow servicemen and playing a huge role in getting his nation to bug out of a winnable war.

He's probably rehearsing his '08 nomination acceptance speech which begins, "Thy servant reporting to do thy bidding." Can sainthood be far behind? Rolling Eyes

Schadow
Harvuskong
Seaman

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2006 2:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah, well, with Kerry and his friends around on the scene, who needs to watch daytime soap operas??

Kerry and Friends provide far more interesting antics than what the script writers ever put to paper, and the circus never seems to stop!!!!
Stevie
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2006 8:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm sure he'll scare up a few 'saints' to be on BOARD if he runs again....

he'll suddenly have a personal friendship with Mother Theresa etc....

maybe he knows St Franics personally also....

as for wandering in the wilderness....he is still there!! Laughing

his only 'revelation' was how much more and easily he could rip

off the American people.

btw - 'rip' was gonna be a 4 letter word starting w/ an 's' -
wasn't sure if I should use that word here tho...

he needs to not only read the commandments but follow them....

there's one about 'bearing false witness' Kerry!
be arrested, exiled or hanged.
gmez2001
PO3

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2006 12:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Now I've counted 4, I and Me's in a 3 sentence paragraph,sound about normal. Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

These kind of statements added the lose in 04,one would have to be pretty gullable to swallow this kind of horse #$%@.

Stevie; I hope he continues his quest in the 'wilderness' and runs again in 08. Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing . JFK--the embodiment of 'wonderfulness and sainthood'.
JN173
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2006 5:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Didn't Pharaoh order him to secretly transport Moses across the Red Sea during the Passover. That seems to be seared into my mind. Wink
Stevie
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2006 10:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

well, I see the person the dems HIRED to tutor them in 'religious' words, phrases has been working hard! Laughing Laughing

fortunately for our country the person they hired doesn't know 'right' words either!
It isn't 'about' words... it's 'about' your heart. If the heart is right, the

words will be also.

someone really needs to tell Kerry you can't serve 2 masters....

since we know Kerry hasn't given himself up.... he sure isn't serving God.
be arrested, exiled or hanged.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: