SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

MSNBC Scarborough Country on right now topic is Kerry a war?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth
View previous topic :: View next topic  
GenrXr
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2004 2:01 am    Post subject: MSNBC Scarborough Country on right now topic is Kerry a war? Reply with quote

is kerry a war hero or did he lie is topic.
BenJaxBchFL
Seaman

PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2004 3:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I missed it. How did it go?
The war against terrorism is not that Americans might die rather that we would alter our way of living. If we get to a point where we choose not to go out because of fear, our economy will sink and in the end so will our nation. Vote Bush.
GenrXr

PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2004 4:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As long as every night there is something regarding swiftvets im happy! Seriously though, I unfortunately had a dramatic phone call and missed the whole damn thing.
Support Our Troops!
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2004 7:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Featured a confused Lany Davis who thinks he can prove the Swiftees are lying by simply reasserting the conflicting statements from Rassman and Kerry himself.
Lily
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2004 7:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great show, Pat Buchanan did a masterful job of exposing both Lanny Davis and John Kerry. Loved the part where Pat said to Lanny "if that's all you've got".The dems will have to come up with a better attack dog then Lanny who was forced to fall back on attacking Jerome Corsi. Pat just chuckled and said you're over the top with that one Lanny.
RemodelingGuy
Ensign

PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2004 8:06 am    Post subject: Re: MSNBC Scarborough Country on right now topic is Kerry a Reply with quote

GenrXr wrote:
An activist is the person who cleans up the water, not the one claiming its dirty..

I LIKE THAT!~
coldwarvet
Admiral

PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2004 2:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The no spin zone has spun out of control. I am finding myself watching as much CNBC as fox over the past few weeks.

"Peace is our Profession"
Strategic Air Command - Motto

USAF 75-79 Security Police
Scott

PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2004 4:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think they're catching up. Carl Cameron did a great job on the "Christmas in Cambodia" story from the Grand Canyon campaign stop.
somewhereinthemiddle
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2004 4:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

this is all so sickening

i find it incensing that the question of where kerry was 40 years ago is overshadowing the fact that iraq is progressively getting worse and worse.

thats not to disrespect what the svft is doing, and i understand that it is happening because kerry made his service the centerpiece of his campaign, but jesus....

i'm sure some will disagree, but i see iraq going down the crapper faster than exlax, and i'm confused that the press would rather cover the presidential campaign than the very real political crisis in the country. if bush gets elected but then the interim government vaporizes in violence, what was the point?
You GottaBeKidding
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2004 4:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

somewhereinthemiddle,

This site is about Kerry, not about Bush, not about Iraq, not about anything else you mention. Stay on topic and you're welcome. Keep talking about everything else and the mods will show you the door or put you in the brig or do whatever it is they do to people who don't follow orders.
Navy_Navy_Navy
Admin

PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2004 5:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

somewhereinthemiddle wrote:

i'm sure some will disagree, but i see iraq going down the crapper faster than exlax,

Then you're not reading and watching in the right places.

What our forces over there have accomplished is nothing short of miraculous.

When they hit obstacles, they adapt and they suck it up and drive on.

This election will decide whether the war on terror will be pursued until our declared enemies are dead or brought to justice or whether it will cease and become a law enforcement operation with the UN in charge.

That's why the election coverage is taking front page - the future of our country rests more heavily on this election than perhaps any other in our lifetime.
somewhereinthemiddle
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2004 5:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I disagree strongly and absolutely with your opinion.

Think of it like this:
If, on a given day, there were three assassinations in Brooklyn, heavy small-arms fighting in the Bronx, and a car bomb in Queens, would you say that the city is in disarray or would you claim that everything is fine because Wall Street is open and a third-grade class on 42nd street got a 90 on their math exam? I don't see that logic. Despite all the bravery, resiliance, and ingenuity of our Marines and groundpounders, politicians such as Jerry Bremer have irreparably damaged the chances for ANY favorable outcome in Iraq. No serious observer of the war effort claims things are going well, conservative or liberal. This war is not about gaining or losing physical territory (which our warriors are tasked with), but gaining or losing political legitimacy and viability (which our politicians are tasked with).

We could just loop back and forth on this topic, but I've been informed that it's not appropriate for this board. I believe events will vindicate my position, and I'll let them speak for me in the next months. Or you could read "Imperial Hubris", a book that singlehandedly changed my opinion on the War on Terror.
Lily
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2004 6:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I find it interesting that people come here repeatedly to try to change the subject from Kerry to Bush. This site is about the fitness of John F. Kerry to be CIC not about President Bush.

I haven't read Imperial Hubris but I am familiar with the law enforcement approach to terrorism that was used by the Clinton Administration. That approach was used after the first WTC bombing in which six people died the result was 9/11 in which 3000 people died.The Clinton Administration also had four chances to capture or kill Osama Bin Laden and they did nothing.The reason given for not capturing or killing Bin Laden was legal concerns. Legal concerns about a man who had declared war on America. The law enforcement approach while effective against the Gotti crime family is not the answer to Islamofascists that is why I want no part of John Kerry or the democrats.

Last edited by Lily on Thu Aug 12, 2004 6:11 pm; edited 2 times in total
Scott

PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2004 6:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

somewhereinthemiddle wrote:
I believe events will vindicate my position, and I'll let them speak for me in the next months. Or you could read "Imperial Hubris", a book that singlehandedly changed my opinion on the War on Terror.

All I can suggest is, read more.

Try this, this or this.
somewhereinthemiddle
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2004 6:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Imperial Hubris was not written by a democrat. It was written by a CIA agent who had previously written an authoritative expose of al-Qaeda. His central thesis is, among other things, that the US is losing the war on terror, that Kabul will fall within the next decade, and that labeling our values and not actions as the source of terrorist hatred clouds our judgement on their capabilities and intentions.

His solution? Bomb everybody over and over again. Doesn't sound too Democratic, but I think he's right.

The book is not partisan, and it changed how I saw this whole mess. He's as critical of Clinton as Bush.

Scott- I visit all those blogs frequently. I especially like the soldier who writes the third blog, his posts are easy to read. But I believe that A) those blogs are counterbalanced by a number of Arabic blogs that hold entirely different points of view (why would an average iraqi blog in english?) and B) they are coming from a tactical, not a strategic point of view. Further, I have a gut instinct that the first blog is less than independent. He displays the flag on his page that has been universally and categorically rejected by the Iraqi people, including the new government.

Last edited by somewhereinthemiddle on Thu Aug 12, 2004 6:20 pm; edited 3 times in total
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: