SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Get ready .... Kerry is pushing this.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth
View previous topic :: View next topic  
stevec
Seaman

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2006 7:01 pm    Post subject: Get ready .... Kerry is pushing this. Reply with quote

Hi all;
I just recieved this e-mail from sKerry

Standing by to go into action again.

Dear Stephen,

Like clockwork, here they come again. According to news reports, Bob Perry, the Texas millionaire who bankrolled the so-called "Swiftboat Veterans for Truth" is up to his old tricks. He's spending $5 million dollars under the radar screen to launch a new GOP attack group called the "Economic Freedom Fund."

Their first attack ads against Democratic House candidates are already on the air. They hope they've caught you sleeping. We have to respond quickly and in force. Help the Democratic Congressional Campaign Committee (DCCC) stand behind Democratic candidates under attack.

Contribute $35, $50 or more right now and your gift goes three times further with the DCCC's Matching Fund.

The Republicans think their attack ads can make America forget their disastrous policy in Iraq. They think their tough-guy posturing can make us forget that their "cut and run" policies in Afghanistan have left Osama bin Laden at large. But, the American people know, deep down in their guts, that Bush, Cheney, Rumsfeld and the rest have failed our nation with their stunning incompetence and their willingness to act in ways that undermine our values.

All the political attacks in the world can't save them. Not if we're willing to stand firmly behind our candidates. I know you are following this election closely, and you know how important what we do now is to November. This is the time to act. If you take that extra step today and contribute to the DCCC now, your gift will be matched three-to-one, tripling the impact of your determination to win.

Contribute $35, $50 or more right now and your gift goes three times further with the DCCC's Matching Fund.

Thanks to the commitment of Democratic leaders in the House, your contribution will be matched three-to-one, tripling the impact of your response to Republican attempts to overwhelm our candidates with vicious attacks in the final weeks of this campaign.

I've been campaigning with Democratic candidates all across the country. Believe me, the American people are hearing our message. They want an end to the Bush Administration's failed policies in Iraq. They want to fire the incompetents, end the corruption, and stop the alarming abuses of power.

It's time - way past time - to move America in a new, more promising direction. And you and I have to refuse to let the desperate, deceitful campaign tactics of the Republican front groups get in our way.

Believe me, I know what our candidates are going through. And I know how much it will mean to them to know that we're absolutely determined to pull them through to victory. Please consider taking that extra step today with a financial contribution. It can make a big difference.

Sincerely,

John Kerry

P.S. Knowing that your gift will be tripled in value thanks to the DCCC's Matching Fund, I hope you will be especially generous. Thanks so much.

Steve Christensen
Schadow
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2006 10:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gosh, I was all ready to contribute but I get put off by someone who doesn't know the difference between "further" and "farther". And four times, yet.

Sorry, John, I know you had some starry-eyed ditz on your staff write this for you but that's no excuse.

Quote:

Schadow
Deuce
Senior Chief Petty Officer

PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2006 12:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, I'll bite...what the h3ll is this DCCC matching fund business...is that George Soros money...or some 527 grant???

Deuce
Nice to see sKerry is an equal opportunity scammer!
BuffaloJack
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2006 11:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Democratic Congressional Campaign Committee (DCCC) matching funds business sounds like a pyramid scam for fund-raising. Give me some money and I'll match it with money someone else like you gives me, then I've gotta get even more people to give in order to match the funds they gave. This sounds like something old Charles Ponzi would be proud of.
Navy wife
Research Director

PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2006 3:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Right from the DCCC website:

Quote:
In a related development, the committee on Monday launched a fundraising solicitation keying off Rep. John Murtha’s (Pa.) call for the swift withdrawal of American troops from Iraq. Democratic House Members have agreed to triple any donations of at least $35 that the DCCC gets during the next two weeks.

http://www.dccc.org/news/headlines/Red_To_Blue_3/
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: