SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Count Dracula & Sidekick Igor

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth
View previous topic :: View next topic  
shawa
CNO

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2006 9:29 pm    Post subject: Count Dracula & Sidekick Igor Reply with quote

Heh, Heh!
James Lewis does a great takedown at American Thinker:
Quote:
The Fairy Tale Democrats
September 25th, 2006

Like some fabled vampire jerkily rising from his crypt, John F. Kerry crept back in the news, madly signaling a new run for the Democrat Party nomination. As in previous revivals, Kerry is banking on his faithful Teresa, who sprinkled her life-giving Heinz ketchup money all over his stiff body to bring it back to life. Teresa even does a darned good imitation of Count Dracula’s sidekick Igor.

Mythic thinking
If I seem to be fascinated by Kerry’s resemblance to Count Dracula, it is because mythic thinking plays such a big role in the Democratic Party. John Kerry has been driven by one supreme fantasy all his adult life: to be just like JFK. In pursuit of that dream Kerry goes through all kinds of amazing transformations. Unlike the rest of us who just get older day by day, in the 2004 campaign John Forbes Kerry seemed to grow magically younger. Starting out looking gaunt and tired, his cheeks suddenly botoxed out, his hair morphed from grey to black, and his body hiccupped into he-man shape. It was awesome. The Dems were selling a fraud, of course, but the thing is that they expected their voters to believe it. Most of them went right along. Gosh, they must have marveled, our guy John looks better every day!

Recently Kerry has been theatrically threatening to “kick their ass from one end of America to the other”—referring to his former Swiftboat commanders and comrades—if they to dare to question his heroic record during those three fabled months in the Mekong Delta. Apparently Kerry’s media advisors have called for an Alpha Male impression early on in the campaign. The candidate is doing his best.

Bill Clinton notoriously marched a group of US Marines up the West Lawn, after his popularity crashed early in his first term. By putting media cameras on top of the hilly slope of the grass lawn, our fearless leader could be made to look much bigger than all the real soldiers marching up the hill behind him. As I remember it, after several heroic media scams along those lines his poll numbers rebounded. It’s a sort of tradition. After all, LBJ finagled a Silver Star to jump-start his political career in Texas. He also got away with it. But Clinton and LBJ knew they were faking. It seems that John Kerry really believes his own story of the moment.

We sorely need presidents who can tell the difference between truth and fakery. For that reason, the return of Count Kerry is pretty scary. Here’s a man who has been carrying his old Navy hat in his briefcase for almost forty years, only taking it out to share with a few selected reporters (and possibly for his own private delectation).

Kerry scripted his victory speech at the 2004 National Convention as a pretend-USN officer coming aboard a pretend-USN warship, making a pretend-salute, and uttering the brave words, “I’m John Kerry and I am reporting for duty!” It made one cringe with embarrassment.

The Democratic National Convention roared its approval, but the phoniness of that gambit must have struck millions of viewers like a clear warning bell. It was a revealing moment. Apparently the Kerry campaign expected us to fall for childish antics by this rather faded man in late middle age, the sort of guy who constantly revises his life story to preserve the fiction that he is always right. During his entire career John Kerry has never been held to account, either by voters or by a harsh reality. A safe Senate seat is the ultimate shield against the real world. Until his big chance came, Kerry was content to merely float along. Does he have any capacity for shame? Does he feel any guilt for building his career on discredited accusations about American atrocities in Vietnam? If anybody ever shafted his military comrades, John Kerry did. He quite deliberately helped ruin the reputations of hundreds of thousands of men who served in Vietnam. There is no sign that he ever thinks about it.

Do Kerry’s lifelong efforts to paint himself as JFK suggest a fantasy-prone personality? I’m afraid they do. That old magic hat is a magic talisman for John “Fitzgerald” Kerry. It proves that he is just like his childhood hero. But what kind of man carries an old service hat in his briefcase, day in and out, for forty years? Isn’t there something pathetic about that? Does Theresa ever tell him to just leave it home, John?

Mythic bubbles
But it isn’t just Kerry. The whole Democratic Party seems terrifyingly prone to mythic fantasies........ Cont'd

http://www.americanthinker.com/articles.php?article_id=5886

“I love the man that can smile in trouble, that can gather strength from distress, and grow brave by reflection. ‘Tis the business of little minds to shrink; but he whose heart is firm, and whose conscience approves his conduct, will pursue his principles unto death.” (Thomas Paine, 1776)
Me#1You#10
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2006 11:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I just have one question:Are there any adults left in the Democrat Party? So far, I don’t see a single one except Joe Lieberman, and they have just about run him out of the party.

Amen brother...great piece.
Schadow
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2006 2:30 am    Post subject: Re: Count Dracula & Sidekick Igor Reply with quote

shawa wrote:
[quoting American Thinker].... Bill Clinton notoriously marched a group of US Marines up the West Lawn, after his popularity crashed early in his first term. By putting media cameras on top of the hilly slope of the grass lawn, our fearless leader could be made to look much bigger than all the real soldiers marching up the hill behind him.

I'll never forget the picture in the paper of that event. It is seared, seared in my memory. The Marines were just out of Somalia and one of the guys was carrying a guidon. Clinton was in a baggy grey suit and had his jaw heroically jutted out. It was straight out of Gilbert and Sullivan. I felt sorry for the guys who were recruited for that farce.

I was so bummed by that picture, I forgot to save it for my Hall of Infamy. If anyone can find that pic, I would sure like to see it posted.

Schadow
Deuce
Senior Chief Petty Officer

PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2006 2:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Equally amazing is the fact that sKerry is the only 'presidential' candidate currently hogging solo mike time every chance he gets...most of the others are content with 'campaigning' for congressional candidates who ARE running this November! sKerry was on the phone with Imus (who I don't normally watch, but made an exception for a few minutes) this am, defending Clinton's 'I tried to find binLaden' excuses! Ironically, Imus had just got off the phone with a Dave Severin, who apparently is on the radio again in Boston. Turns out Severin is a major critic of the sKerry!

so it looks like 'the faster he runs' the more he may get behind! Oughta be entertaining to watch tho'!

Deuce
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: