SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Chavez Bugs Out

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
shawa
CNO

PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2006 3:37 pm    Post subject: Chavez Bugs Out Reply with quote

From Drudge

Quote:
CHAVEZ FLEES NYC; CUTS TRIP SHORT AFTER 'DEVIL' SPEECH
Thu Sep 21 2006 08:21:15 ET

Fiery Venezuela President Hugo Chavez will 'wrap up' his controversial NYC visit early this morning to return home to Caracas, sources say.

The president cancelled several appointments previously scheduled in NYC today including a second news conference he was to hold at Venezuela's United Nations mission.

On Wednesday, Chavez, in a controversial speech in the UN General Assembly, mocked President George Bush repeatedly calling him 'The Devil'.

Developing...

Maybe night-visions from the devil? Or a coup plot ala Thailand?

Whatever, GOOD RIDDANCE!
“I love the man that can smile in trouble, that can gather strength from distress, and grow brave by reflection. ‘Tis the business of little minds to shrink; but he whose heart is firm, and whose conscience approves his conduct, will pursue his principles unto death.” (Thomas Paine, 1776)
NortonPete
PO2

PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2006 8:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Interesting Chavez criticism from unfortunately an unknown Venezuelan
blog. ( no further info ) .

I found it on Yahoo Finance message board for the New York Times.
I look in from time to time as I have had a successful short position which I
unwound today.

I know that accurate posting is absolutely critical and that providing
links for info is part of this, but I have no idea who posted it or if its accurate.

It looks accurate so I'll post it here. Very interesting.

Quote:

Here is an excerpt from a Venezulan blog::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

As usual, and as expected, we got our share of PSF's and superficial Chavez admirers, who came to tell us what a great guy he is for daring to tell it like it is.As if disliking Bush is enough of a reason for liking our autocratic President. Well, I will tell them what it is like here: While Chavez was talking about peace and the rights of people, he continues to neglect his own country where, since Chavez took over in 1998, 90,000 people have died on homicides as murders have tripled in these eight years Chavez has been President. To put it in perspective this is more deaths under the "caring Chavez" than in the armed conflict in Colombia (73,000), The Persian Gulf War (63500), the Chchen war (50,000) or the war in Afghanistan (33,000).And those who die come from the lowest social strata, the "pueblo" that Chavze claims to care so much for. Meanwhile, 44 Venezulans die daily in homicides as Venzuela has 40 violent deaths per 100,000 inhabitants per year, an achievement that can be blamed completely on the Chavez Government which has tripled the numbers in eight years by ignoring the problem as well as its total incapacity to attack it.Venezuela now has the dubious honor of being the number one country in the world in deaths by firearms according to UNESCO.

Meanwhile, the country's judicial system, the cornerstone of Chavez accomplishments in the first three years in office can claim the following:

--90,000 monthly crime complaints are filed and processed.
--There are 98 cops per 100,000 people, less than one third of what is needed.
--Prosecutors handle 3,000 cases monthly each
--Judges decide on 1.6 complaints per hour
--93% of homicides go unpunished.
--Deaths by confrontation with police have increased by a factor of 5.
--Kidnappings have doubled in eight years.
--Over half the judges are temporary.

Thus, our "caring", "daring" President spends his time abroad insulting others and accusing them of the same crimes he is responsible for in Venezuela: His total neglect for his people as he travels and has become an absentee President, who in the end cares only about his personal project and not the "peace", "rights" or welfare of his Venezuelans citizens. Hopefully, he will spend sometime here in the next few months and leave his US$ 83 million Airbus parked, stop buying more weapons, planes and helicopters and worry about and work for his own people. But I doubt it.

The rest is simply a charade. But that is all we have seen for the last eight years. Ask what Vargas state is, what happened there in 2000 and what conditions are like today. Ask what inflation has been in the last eight months or in the last eight years. Ask what corruption is like at the highest levels of power. Ask how many corrupt politicians have been prosecuted. Ask what the fascist Chavez/Maisanta/Tascon list is. Ask who pays Chavez' campaign. Ask what the gag law is. Ask if the same person is the Minister of Information and spokesman for Chavez political party. Ask how many people have died in opposition rallies in the last eight years. Ask how many political prisoners there are. Ask who the El Llaguno shooters are and why they are free. Ask if Chavez' relatives owned so much land before he became President. Ask what has happened to the thousands of hectares of expropriated land. Ask how many military are part of the civilian Government. Ask how many fascist dictators Chavez has visited and embraced in the last eight years. Ask what happened to the 2.4 billionUS dollars missing from the FIEM fund. There are hundreds of questions like this you can ask and the answers are all absolutely terrifying and horrifying.

Just don't believe the charade.
LewWaters
Admin

PostPosted: Sat Sep 23, 2006 2:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pete, I searched and found this The true state of the country of the caring Hugo Chavez which appears to be the original blog. Whoever pasted it at the NYT Financial board left off the beginning paragraph:

Quote:
Funny how Chavez' stunt at the United Nations led so much traffic to my blog. You see, if you combine the words Chavez and Devil in any decent search engine, guess who is right at the top with many entries? Thus, I had a Devilanche of visitors as people tried to read more about what Chavez was saying about the leader of the country that buys the most oil from Venezela in the world. Fortunately I had made a post of the subject from work, which I rarely do, so that those arriving here could actually read about what happened.

There is also two photos of Chavez with his 'military.'
NortonPete
PO2

PostPosted: Sat Sep 23, 2006 3:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LewWaters wrote:
Pete, I searched and found this The true state of the country of the caring Hugo Chavez which appears to be the original blog. Whoever pasted it at the NYT Financial board left off the beginning paragraph:

There is also two photos of Chavez with his 'military.'

Amazing..., I realize I should have found this but I acknowledge your superior effort in tracking down the source. I have alot to learn.

This is the best part of being a SwiftVet poster.

Thank-you very much
LewWaters
Admin

PostPosted: Sat Sep 23, 2006 3:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If only you knew how computer illiterate I am Wink

I just googled what seemed like a key phrase and it came up right away. Shocked
Doll
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Sep 23, 2006 4:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LewWaters wrote:
If only you knew how computer illiterate I am Wink

I just googled what seemed like a key phrase and it came up right away. Shocked

Well Lew you are most definately literate -- and a great find at that! I ditto that thank you!

The HILL Chronicles

Soldiers' Angels

"Wednesday Hero - Google It!"
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: