SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Cheapskate Kerry

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
shawa
CNO

PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2006 12:55 am    Post subject: Cheapskate Kerry Reply with quote

Ooohh, it's fun to watch the long knives come out on Kerry!!
Quote:
Cheapskate Kerry
By The Prowler
Published 11/3/2006 12:08:36 AM

That flushing sound you hear up on Martha's Vineyard is the political future of Sen. John Kerry being pumped out to sea after the week he's had.

First, he takes bad advice from his Democrat colleagues and operatives and plays to the loony lefty MoveOn types in California. Then he refuses to apologize on camera and instead insults most every viewer who tuned into watch ("Let me make it crystal clear, as crystal clear as I know how: I apologize to no one..."). Then he kind of apologizes for people being too stoopid to understand his high-falutin' humor. And he does it off camera.

Now comes word that Kerry faces a very public spanking from the likes of Howard Dean and former running-mate John Edwards. This latest broadside is the result of Kerry's refusal to dole out any large percentage of the $14 million that remains in the Kerry-Edwards '04 campaign war chest to Democrat candidates this election cycle.

Kerry's tightfistedness comes at a time when the DNC has essentially taken out a second mortgage to the tune of $8 million-plus to compete with Republicans on media buys and get out the vote programs. Edwards is said by some advisers to have called Kerry and warned him that he intends to go public with criticism of Kerry's cheapskate ways over the weekend, an event that would bury any final hopes Kerry has of running with even a modicum of success in '08.

"This is money that Edwards was instrumental in raising for the team. It isn't John Kerry's money to hoard for a rainy day," says a former Edwards Senate staffer, who continues to advise the former North Carolina senator. "If we lose next week, a lot of it falls on Kerry's head. Frankly, he lost the campaign for us two years ago, and he's done a lot this time around to damage our chances in some highly competitive races. Because of him, we're pouring money into races we shouldn't have had to."

http://www.spectator.org/dsp_article.asp?art_id=10580
“I love the man that can smile in trouble, that can gather strength from distress, and grow brave by reflection. ‘Tis the business of little minds to shrink; but he whose heart is firm, and whose conscience approves his conduct, will pursue his principles unto death.” (Thomas Paine, 1776)
baldeagle
PO2

PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2006 2:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks like John Kerry has finally fallen to the inevitable clutches of "The Peter Principle".
That principle holds that people will tend to rise to the level of their incompetence.
As long as he was a back bencher junior senator from Mass. who did little and kept his head down, he got by. But when he began forcing his way to the forefront of events, he began to self destruct.
We can only hope that he continues to fail to recognize this phenomena and continues his implosion.
"In a word, I want an American character, that the powers of Europe may be convinced we act for ourselves and not for others; this, in my judgment, is the only way to be respected abroad and happy at home." --George Washington
NortonPete
PO2

PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2006 4:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

baldeagle wrote:
Looks like John Kerry has finally fallen to the inevitable clutches of "The Peter Principle".
That principle holds that people will tend to rise to the level of their incompetence.
As long as he was a back bencher junior senator from Mass. who did little and kept his head down, he got by. But when he began forcing his way to the forefront of events, he began to self destruct.
We can only hope that he continues to fail to recognize this phenomena and continues his implosion.

My first name is Peter and I have not heard the "Peter Principle" in a dogs age.
My dogs have been living 15+ years so thats an acceptable age.
Now about the Money....

.....Question:What did you do with the money John Kerry?......
JFK Answer :What money????
.....Question:The money your Mother gave you for Character lessons?....

Well where is the money???
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: