SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Silver Lining Time?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
homesteader
PO3

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2006 2:35 pm    Post subject: Silver Lining Time? Reply with quote

In no way is the percieved liberal takeover a good thing but given the reality it is not time to sit back. It is time to go on the offensive and force some issues that conservatives and Republicans have been tip toeing around out of fear of losing their majority. Being timid and accomodating did not work.

The first thing to do is to set some benchmarks as of yesterday.

-No draft, reenlistment and recruiting quotas met.

-Low tax rates, record tax reciepts

-Record low unemployment

-No terrorist attacks in US for five years

-Social Security headed for insolvency with rational solution proposals mocked

There are many more strong and positive things about our country as of today that are now the challenge of the liberals to maintain or fix.

Next, conservatives have to charge full speed ahead on things like illegal immegration and force the libs to vote.

There is a good chance that if the Senate goes Dem that a couple of the lib dinos on the Supreme Court will feel safe to retire. Bush has to bombard the nomination process with the likes of Roberts and Allito with no let-up and force the libs to vote on the floor of the Senate or allow the seats to remain unfilled for unacceptable periods.

This vent could go on and on but bottom line....it is time to regroup with confidence and force the libs to be liberal.

Good things about what happened. The old guard Republican fixtures are done. New blood will move in.

Finally. NO WHINING Remember...It took experiencing Carter to get Reagan

Best thing about the recent campaign. skerry drove a stake in his own heart.
Deuce
Senior Chief Petty Officer

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2006 8:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

While every thing you say is factual, that alone carries absolutely no weight in lib lala land! You have forgotten the key difference between libs an the rest of us...Libs can lie on lies and get a free pass! The rest of us must provide reams of documentation to get a point across...thank God "Unfit for Command" followed that rule!

The only good news of this whole charade is that Hastert will no longer be a 'spokesman' for conservatives! Now we must pray that Repubs GROW a spine for a change! PT Barnum won this one, we can't give him a second chance in '08!

Deuce
homesteader
PO3

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2006 11:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree with you about the lack of accoutability for the libs. I once said the only difference between US libs and Soviet Commies is that the Commies, by attempting reform, at least admitted they were wrong. Our libs will never do that and I fall into the trap of feeling better about being able to prove them wrong historically or being able to say "I told you so" but as you noted.....that has no impact on them because they have no consciences and thus do not have to say they were wrong.

As the day has worn on I have become more comfortable with the scope of the "thumpin". With a close call the real conservative would have had to still tolerate the old guard and spent to much time playing "if only". The entire leadership needs to be broomed. The new guys need to go the the Prez and tell him that since he has fought his last election campaign (he is too much of a gentleman and has too much respect for the office and the precidects set by previous presidents to do what Clinton is doing) he should not cave, use his veto pen and they will back him up.
DLI78
PO3

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2006 6:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe the silver lining here is that the libs will be unable to resist trying to impeach Bush, and will be unable to resist trying to raise taxes. Oh yes, and amnesty for all (except republicans). Two years of nasty mud slinging will alienate the supporters they have.

Maybe this will set up Hillary for a loss in 08 if people are pissed at the Dems wasting so much time (2 years) on bad political theater. If in 08 they are still running against Bush and if the GOP finds somebody with actual ideas, the Dems might lose.
davman
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2006 1:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you look at an election map, I'm one of the few tiny red dots in Massachusetts. As such, I can't thank the Swift Vets enough for exposing John Kerry for what he really is. I would really like to see the pressure kept on, not only to see that he is never elected to the presidency, but also to resign his seat in the senate. Removing him would be a good place to begin the fight!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: