SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Oh fer cryin' out...Rumsfeld Resigning
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Me#1You#10
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2006 5:57 pm    Post subject: Oh fer cryin' out...Rumsfeld Resigning Reply with quote

Breaking...Good Lord.
Navy_Navy_Navy
Admin

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2006 6:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did he figure that we might as well get all the bad news all at once? Sad

What a colossally depressing day.
shawa
CNO

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2006 6:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

President strong at press conference. Nice slaps at the press gaggle.

"This isn't my first rodeo". LOL.
“I love the man that can smile in trouble, that can gather strength from distress, and grow brave by reflection. ‘Tis the business of little minds to shrink; but he whose heart is firm, and whose conscience approves his conduct, will pursue his principles unto death.” (Thomas Paine, 1776)
Me#1You#10
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2006 6:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, but the attempt at "humor" ("I sent Pelosi the names of a few interior decorators" or something to that effect) was just strained and quite lame...but I'm in no mood for pleasantries right now.
Stevie
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2006 7:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

me too on the decorating! very lame - all it does is remind me that they all will be spending millions of OUR dollars for that redecorating....
and with the dump I live in it sure doesn't go over very well.

think I'll be sending an email to the WH telling him that...unless he wants to send me a whopping check so I can get a new (used) mfg home....
I'm sure those offices even have heat...I don't . my 'drapes' were 10.00 a pr at somewhere like the goodwill back in '98. (and they are darn nice
drapes at that!)

how many think Pelosi will be shopping at the goodwill? ok, let me take a count of those raised hands....

I am just soooo ticked about Rummy !!! tho, I do think Bush came off mostly strong about it all... and shot down several of them...

All giving up Rummy does is tell the dems that all of their tantrums over the yrs - name calling, foot stomping, whining, bashing, bullying etc
works - ya just have to keep it up. too bad they don't figure to use that 'holding' power in fighting the war.

hey, anyone notice an ear piece or anything that Cheney was using to feed Bush the answers? Bush sure is superior at processing those answers thru his brain and spitting 'em out his mouth in record speed.

he had a few 'ahs...umm ' etc - that must have been when he was trying to 'rephrase' Cheney's words to fit his own 'speakease'.

And isn't that Pelosi just the sweetest, most soft spoken female? almost made ya think Laura was at the mic....

I don't think I've ever heard anyone even THINK about the antichrist
being a woman... who knew? Laughing
be arrested, exiled or hanged.
GenrXr

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2006 8:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rumsfeld and his work transforming our military from a large antiquated 20th century massive land battles force into a 21st century elite next generation fighting machine will be noted and appreciated in the years to come.

Last edited by GenrXr on Wed Nov 08, 2006 8:11 pm; edited 1 time in total
BuffaloJack

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2006 8:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe Mr. Bush will make him head of CIA.
joeshero
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2006 8:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It’s depressing day, indeed. I do think that, as the Democrats are now controlling the House, Rumsfeld decides to avoid crazy and insane hearings on Iraq that will be played on in the coming weeks/months. Rather than facing those insane Democrat politicians (well, some of Dem politicians are sane people, but more than a few of them are, in my view, insane), he decides to quit. Perhaps, he should have not taken that approach. Why quit? Just face and slam them—with your skills and knowledge. Give us a little bit pride. Because now…who is going to answer the democrat incoherent and inconsistent questions on Iraq?

The second reason perhaps is that Rumsfeld is under a tremendous pressure from within.

Many Republicans probably believe that their defeat in this 2006 election is because Rumsfeld’s incapability of handling Iraq.

But in my view, Republicans are lost because THEY HAVE NO IDEAS TO OFFER. They were running campaigns just like the Democrats did. Some of them even tried to change their color and ideology to look like Democrats. And in the end, they DESERVE this huge loss.
Me#1You#10
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2006 8:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rumsfeld's departure is not going to afford him any shelter from congressional (cough) "hearings". In fact (and I believe those hearings are inevitable), it may afford him the opportunity to be less restrained in his respones to the assaults on his honor and integrity that are sure to come.
baldeagle
PO2

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2006 8:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is, supposedly, an old Jewish curse that goes, "May you live in interesting times".

Methinks that we are in for some interesting times.

Parting thought........ "Madam" Speaker is two (2) heartbeats away from the Whitehouse, next in line after the VP, ..........................................(and the VP has a bad heart).

Now, ain't that a scary thought?

Pray for George Bush's safety.
"In a word, I want an American character, that the powers of Europe may be convinced we act for ourselves and not for others; this, in my judgment, is the only way to be respected abroad and happy at home." --George Washington
shawa
CNO

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2006 9:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mr.Rumsfeld you are an excellent human being and I know you truly love our military men and women. You have done magnificent job and I thank you and honor you for your dedication to America. Walk tall, Rummy. You soar head and shoulders above all those who have maligned you for too many years. God bless you.
“I love the man that can smile in trouble, that can gather strength from distress, and grow brave by reflection. ‘Tis the business of little minds to shrink; but he whose heart is firm, and whose conscience approves his conduct, will pursue his principles unto death.” (Thomas Paine, 1776)
AMOS
Senior Chief Petty Officer

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2006 9:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rummy resigns and for the sake of our nation, Cheney should, too.

THINK: President Bela Pelosi.

OMG to the 81st power.

I want my Mommie.

Amos.
gmez2001
PO3

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2006 9:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Me#1You#10 wrote:
Yeah, but the attempt at "humor" ("I sent Pelosi the names of a few interior decorators" or something to that effect) was just strained and quite lame...but I'm in no mood for pleasantries right now.

I'm surprised one of the reporters didn't say something about genderism regarding the comment on drapes.
minnie presley
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2006 12:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

just when I thought that things could not get any worst, bush bows to pressure from democrats and fires rummy, it was on ann coulter board he fired rummy against the objections of cheney probably why cheney went hunting yesterday, up till today I thought bush had a backbone , and would never let us down but the way he is sucking up to polosi and reid today , and what he did to rummy proves he can be purchased by the democrats Crying or Very sad
Doll
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2006 2:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Navy_Navy_Navy wrote:
Did he figure that we might as well get all the bad news all at once? Sad

What a colossally depressing day.

DITTO! And to make this day worse -- Webb won in Virginia....well, so much for my little Allen vote. Crying or Very sad

The HILL Chronicles

Soldiers' Angels

"Wednesday Hero - Google It!"
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: