SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Some Perspective From Mitt Romney

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
shawa
CNO

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2006 9:32 pm    Post subject: Some Perspective From Mitt Romney Reply with quote

Rallying Conservatives and admonishing the Dems not to misinterpret their election win.
Geez, I'm really liking this guy!!!
(bold emphasis mine)
Quote:
STATEMENT BY GOVERNOR MITT ROMNEY

November 8, 2006 - Americans spoke last night and Republicans are listening. Americans have not become less conservative, but they believe some Republicans have. As a party, we need to remember who we are and the principles that have always led our party and our country to success.

We must return to the common sense Reagan Republican ideals of fighting for hard working Americans, lowering taxes, shrinking government, curbing out-of-control spending, promoting the traditional values of faith, family and freedom, and providing a strong national security with all the necessary tools to protect the American people and win the War on Terror.

This country wants resolute leadership to tackle tough issues and a positive vision for a better future here at home and around the world. They want leadership that trusts the American people, keeps America strong and moves our country forward.

Americans across the country over the past year didn’t say they want higher taxes. They didn’t say they want more run-away wasteful spending or a Congress that continues irresponsible pork projects. Nobody ever said that this nation needs a bigger deficit.

Americans didn’t say they wanted more activist judges who legislate from the bench and they don’t want less secure borders.

No one said they want more rights for terrorists, nor did they ask that we stop terrorist surveillance … and nobody suggested that we should make life even harder for our brave men and women fighting terror around the world.

We didn’t hear a mandate for a more liberal direction because the Democrats didn’t present one. Americans don’t share those liberal ideas.

What voters told us is that America is stuck and Washington is broken. Voters told us to move forward by embracing our conservative convictions that Americans agree with and value – and we will.

Americans are looking for more fiscal responsibility, less government and sound traditional values. They want leadership and vision with conservative principles. You don’t develop a vision by looking backwards. I’m keeping my eyes on the horizon – where the future is, and where America is going.

http://blog.electromneyin2008.com/

This site also has a great essay by Orson Scott Card blasting the Boston media for their constant attacks on Romney:
Quote:
Excerpt:
Of course the article mentioned that Romney traveled too much, which, I am not kidding, The Boston Newspapers have repeated every day since Romney came into office.

So according to this wonderful piece of puke, Romney has accomplished "almost nothing". No where is anything mentioned about balancing the largest deficit Massachusetts has ever faced without raising taxes.

Just like Barbary Bush is through with Al Frankin, I am through with Boston Newspapers. I will try my hardest to never read from them again. They have lost all credibility with me.

I am sick and tired of hearing the Boston Newspapers repeat day after day how Romney travels too much, without ever mentioning anything important that he has missed. They must have missed the following press release from the State of Massachusetts:

“With Veterans Day right around the corner, a shortfall in the account that pays a life insurance benefit to Massachusetts National Guard members was covered by Governor Mitt Romney today when he transferred funds from his own office account to make up the deficiency. Romney took the action since the Legislature is not meeting in formal
session and to ensure that National Guard members continue to receive the benefits to which they are entitled.”

So let me see if I can get this right… The legislators were not in session, and so Romney took care of it. How many of the legislatures were, heaven forbid, out of state? Oh, they all have D's by their name. That would not be news-worthy.....

“I love the man that can smile in trouble, that can gather strength from distress, and grow brave by reflection. ‘Tis the business of little minds to shrink; but he whose heart is firm, and whose conscience approves his conduct, will pursue his principles unto death.” (Thomas Paine, 1776)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: