SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Hopefully, this weeks vote was not about the Iraq war

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
GenrXr
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2006 1:03 pm    Post subject: Hopefully, this weeks vote was not about the Iraq war Reply with quote

Hopefully, this weeks vote was not about the Iraq war.

I am sick and tired of people saying they do not want our young men and women dying over ‘there.’ To die for a country with providence is a noble and honorable death which benefits society. The impact of a death on his or her immediate family is enormous and extends through the extended family and over generations. When Johnny dies, Tommy’s petty selfishness gets old fast. This is the reason thousands of families who have lost their loved ones are not beside Cindy Sheehan protesting the war. They are proud of the sacrifice made by their loved ones and wish to honor them. When we no longer are willing to sacrifice for this nation of ours than we have crossed the point at which we have lost providence. God does not look favorably upon narcissistic sociopaths and how else can you explain the anti-war protester. A godless narcissistic animal frustrated in the world with a desire for destruction and no constructive ability.

So what was the reason for Republicans losing the house and senate? They are the liberal Democrats of yesteryear and it was a referendum on their lack of conservatism. The scary part is the alternative. The Pelosi/Reid wing of the Democratic Party is communist. The communist George Soros funded Democrats are now in power. It will be interesting to see how people react to lunatics running congress. My final hope is this Nation of ours has not lost its providence and this weeks vote was an anomaly.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2006 1:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This vote was only about the bush haters and nothing else.
they came out in force for it.
bottom line
homesteader
PO3

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2006 2:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know that all who voted Dem are not as looney as the Code Pinkers but my interaction with the CPers has revealed something about the libs that relates.

A primary motivation is envy. The questions I hear most is "is it fair that....?" or "why should the rich be able to....?". They are not able to define rich except that it is someone out there who is taking advantage of them and the poor (big oil, the church, WalMart). They mask their jealousy by claiming they are simply standing up for the "less fortunate" which adds to the irritation of talking to them because they are so self righteous in their big-heartedness.

As for the CPers themselves, they are pompous, busybodies who have personal issues in their pasts with a person or institution that they feel put them down. These issues have made them bitter women (mostly women) who chafe at any person or institution of authority. The thing that sets them off the fastest is to say you know the truth about something. Ironically, that is the whole foundation of their passion. They know that Bush lied, Cheney is evil, so is WalMart, the privatization of SS is a scam by the rich to bilk the poor as is any attempt to kill the estate tax. The presentation of facts, figures and the disastorous consequences of certain policies is like talking in an alien language to them. They get a blank look on their faces, a glazed look in their eyes before they begin a rant about the superiority complex of anyone who has an education. "What makes you think you are so smart?"

If Tuesday's vote was not about the war, the war was used to play on the emotions and insecurities of those who have been made to believe they have been duped or scammed. Every conservative in authority has a selfish alterior motive. When a conservative leader is found to have lied, cheated, or otherwise sinned, it proves their badness. When a lib does the same he is simply human with normal weaknesses that must have been caused by exploitation in the past.
dusty
Admiral

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2006 5:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very insightful observations homesteader.
I have several aquiantences whose personalities you have described perfectly.

Dusty
shawa
CNO

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2006 5:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the war had some bearing on the election but the media portrayal of Republican "corruption" also took a toll.
As I mentioned on another thread the "Blue Dogs" were winners in many races because they offered the same conservative values as their Republican opponents tainted by the corruption issues.
The real star of the Dems success is Rahm Emanuel who shoved Howard Dean aside and recruited Blue Dog Democrats to run. He wants to steer the Dems away from the ultra-left and back to the center. And he was very successful.
Check out Macsmind for an interesting perspective.
“I love the man that can smile in trouble, that can gather strength from distress, and grow brave by reflection. ‘Tis the business of little minds to shrink; but he whose heart is firm, and whose conscience approves his conduct, will pursue his principles unto death.” (Thomas Paine, 1776)
Stevie

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2006 8:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
The thing that sets them off the fastest is to say you know the truth about something.

oh my... no wonder the WOMEN on my other board go bananas when I post about Kerry ! they make a comment like that... that I 'think" I know and they don't etc.

but, when I ask if they have read the AAR's, the boat repair report, medical docs, FBI files, etc, etc... there is no response - because, of course, they have not. and the thread dies because they have no response other than 'no'.

guess, the liberal college grads just don't like it known that they don't know... and didn't check it out ! Laughing
be arrested, exiled or hanged.
Stevie

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2006 8:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

and you know, there are tons of people out there that only listen to news like cbs, abc and nbc - and ALL they hear on there is that republicans are under investigation...did this, did that. And they never hear that nothing came of 'whatever'.
Most probably think Rove is charged with something.

and they NEVER hear what the dems are under investigation for ...indicted for etc.

that is pounded into them day after day...yr after yr.
be arrested, exiled or hanged.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: