SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

A non American born First Lady???
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rdtf
CNO

PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2004 4:20 pm    Post subject: A non American born First Lady??? Reply with quote

Besides all the reasons that Kerry is unfit to be President, I just had to get that out there. I speak to people all of the time that have no clue she is a 'heiress' by marriage. I know that I don't want a First Lady that was born and raised in another country (Mozambique, Africa) and speaks with an accent. Do Americans no longer care? Why isn't more made of this? Confused
ROTC DAD
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2004 4:39 pm    Post subject: You have to be kidding - right? Reply with quote

This is a reason not to vote for Kerry? If this is the best you can do - go with it.
Rdtf
CNO

PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2004 4:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you were reading, then would would have read how I opened up "Besides all the reasons Kerry is unfit to be President...' There are a truckload of reasons he wouldn't get my vote. Why else be on this site? The First Lady issue just another that I feel strongly about.
sparky
Former Member

PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2004 4:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is a reason? Man-o-man! Let's scrape the barrel, why don't we?
Rdtf
CNO

PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2004 4:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sounds like Sparky can't read either.
sparky
Former Member

PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2004 5:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"This is *a* reason" implies that there are others. Just using your own words.
Crash999
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2004 4:35 am    Post subject: Re: A non American born First Lady??? Reply with quote

Rdtf wrote:
Besides all the reasons that Kerry is unfit to be President, I just had to get that out there. I speak to people all of the time that have no clue she is a 'heiress' by marriage. I know that I don't want a First Lady that was born and raised in another country (Mozambique, Africa) and speaks with an accent. Do Americans no longer care? Why isn't more made of this? Confused

And why exactly is this a problem- do you think that she has some sort of secret Mozambiquan agenda that she will suddenly spring on us if Kerry gets elected?

Oh, and by the way, on behalf of all first-generation immigrants who were born outside the US but are now proud to call ourselves Americans- go to hell!
Cam Ranh '71
Ensign

PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2004 7:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

First non-american First Lady?? First African-American, for sure!!
academicanarchist
Ensign

PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2004 1:05 pm    Post subject: Mrs. Kerry Reply with quote

Mrs. Kerry may have been born in Mozambique, but she is of European ancestry much like the Afrikaneers in South Africa.
blackfrancis
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2004 1:17 pm    Post subject: I thought this site was about John Kerry Reply with quote

this is wrong on so many levels.

I was not aware there was a requirement for first lady.

The idea that a first lady has an accent is a problem how?
academicanarchist
Ensign

PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2004 1:26 pm    Post subject: Mrs. Kerry Reply with quote

Bush supporters are looking for any way to bash his opponent. Let me remind people that the current governor of California also has a bit of an accent, and he is a Republican. Just a littley hypocritical and inconsistent.
blackfrancis
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2004 1:28 pm    Post subject: Re: Mrs. Kerry Reply with quote

academicanarchist wrote:
Bush supporters are looking for any way to bash his opponent. Let me remind people that the current governor of California also has a bit of an accent, and he is a Republican. Just a littley hypocritical and inconsistent.

not to mention that he is not a native born american. Shocked
Rdtf
CNO

PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2004 3:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You people are unbeliveable, CRASH 999 especially with your 'go to hell' comment (isn't that forbidden on here?) and definately [b]overly sensitive[/b]. This is about a possible President's wife - not YOU. I am fully aware of all the immigrants in the US, but have no desire to have a first generation one as a first lady! ANd neithe does anyone else I know. And about the accent - that's right, she is representing us to the rest of the world, and I don't care if she is European or African, she wasn't born here and that is the fact. It matters! Who cares about a Governor from CA? Not apples and apples, pals. You people that are on this site with the wrong agenda NEED TO [b]GET OFF NOW[/b]! You will NOT be successful in your blatant attempts to sway our opinion about Kerry!!!
blackfrancis
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2004 7:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rdtf wrote:
You people are unbeliveable, CRASH 999 especially with your 'go to hell' comment (isn't that forbidden on here?) and definately overly sensitive. This is about a possible President's wife - not YOU. I am fully aware of all the immigrants in the US, but have no desire to have a first generation one as a first lady! ANd neithe does anyone else I know. And about the accent - that's right, she is representing us to the rest of the world, and I don't care if she is European or African, she wasn't born here and that is the fact. It matters! Who cares about a Governor from CA? Not apples and apples, pals. You people that are on this site with the wrong agenda NEED TO GET OFF NOW! You will NOT be successful in your blatant attempts to sway our opinion about Kerry!!!

I see discussion is not actually welcome here.
Montana
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Sat May 15, 2004 1:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Qualifications for the Office of President

- US Constitution, Article II, Section 1

No person except a natural born citizen, or a citizen of the United States, at the time of the adoption of this Constitution, shall be eligible to the office of President; neither shall any person be eligible to that office who shall not have attained to the age of thirty-five years, and been fourteen years a resident within the United States.

I have found nothing in the U.S. Constitution that talks about spouses.
This topic is irrelevent, in my opinion, in choosing the President
of the United States. I can name at least one First Lady, who was not
born in the United States. Namely, Louisa Catherine Adams, who
did not come to this country until four years after she had married John Quincy Adams. Did she have an accent? I donīt know and
donīt care.

Montana
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: