SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Reservist picks Afghanistan after NB Power denies leave

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BuffaloJack
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2007 1:44 am    Post subject: Reservist picks Afghanistan after NB Power denies leave Reply with quote

Quote:
Reservist picks Afghanistan after NB Power denies leave
DANIEL MARK WHEATON
TELEGRAPH-JOURNAL
Published Thursday January 18th, 2007
A military reservist who nominated NB Power for an award for supporting the Canadian Forces has resigned after the Crown corporation refused him a leave of absence to deploy to Afghanistan.

Maj. Sean Courty took the career hit in order to lead a team of soldiers from across Atlantic Canada who are leaving within three weeks for Kandahar on a six-month mission.

"I had to make a difficult decision," Courty said. He left the job the first week of June and is now unemployed and awaiting deployment.
... more ...
http://www.canadaeast.com/ce2/docroot/article.php?articleID=92357

This soldier has grit and my admiration.
Me#1You#10
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2007 3:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I cannot imagine that this decision will stand...even in liberal Canada. The remnants of conservatism would skewer the government unmercifully were that to be the case...

Quote:
Marc Belliveau, a spokesmann with the Department of Energy, which oversees NB Power, said he doubts Energy Minister Jack Keir was aware of Courty's plight. Belliveau said Keir may investigate the situation.

I see this decision being reversed and look forward to the shrieking of the Canadian leftists with delight (I hope).

My hat's off to Maj. Sean Courty...quite a man.
streetsweeper95B
PO2

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2007 4:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

From what I do know of Canada gentlemen, over-all the public up there supports the devil out of their troops & ours. Mjr Courty certainly has my respect & support too.
DLI78
PO3

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2007 6:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whatever our differences on minor points, the Canadians are our friends. I'm glad we have Maj. Courty on our side. His country should be proud.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: