SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

One that I missed...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Me#1You#10
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2007 9:45 am    Post subject: One that I missed... Reply with quote

One of the delights of Kerry-mining (prompted THIS time by Schadow's query on Kerry's track record of mendacity inre his records release) is stumbling on yet another bit of alleged Kerry-fraud that I've either forgotten or escaped my attention in the initial go-round.

While browsing the NY Sun archives (an ability which I, as a subscriber, thoroughly enjoy and appreciate), I stumbled into a Taranto "Best of the Web" containing the following...

Quote:
Publication: The New York Sun; Date:2004 Aug 18; Section:Foreign; Page 8
JAMES TARANTO’S BEST OF THE WEB

This column is adapted from the Best of the Web, which is issued daily at OpinionJournal.com. ©2004 Dow Jones Company Inc.

KERRY’S IDENTITY CRISIS Remember when John Kerry went to the prom and got doused with pig’s blood? Oh wait, sorry,that wasn’t Kerry; it was Carrie,Sissy Spacek’s character in the eponymous 1976 film.We regret the error.

The Kerry campaign seems to have made a similar mistake. Bloggers Eugene Volokh and Robert Tagorda note that campaign press releases from Jan. 29 and March 24 describe Kerry as a former vice chairman of the Senate Intelligence Committee.

But although Kerry was a member of the committee until 2000, Volokh and Tagorda show that he almost certainly never served as vice chairman.

A fellow senator with a similar name did,however.The biography of Bob Kerrey, now president of New York’s New School University, says that he was the commmittee’s vice chairman between 1995 and 1999. Kerrey also, by the way, served in Vietnam.

KerrEy? Is it actually conceivable that he thought no one would notice?

I'll have to travel to "The Volokh Conspiracy" archives (whose proprietor, Eugene Volokh, was, quite coincidentally, recently endorsed by Beldar for the 9th Circuit bench) to learn a bit more about this apparent addition to Kerry's penchant for resume padding.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: