SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

No More Kerry to Kick Around

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth
View previous topic :: View next topic  
rbshirley
Founder

PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2007 2:03 am    Post subject: No More Kerry to Kick Around Reply with quote

Even the Boston Herald gets it: No more Kerry to kick around

. I think we all agree with columnist Howie Carr: Good riddance .

........ ........

Last edited by rbshirley on Fri Jan 26, 2007 2:25 am; edited 1 time in total
USMCWayne
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2007 2:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Exceptional, and typical, Howie Carr column.
Me#1You#10
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2007 2:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is great Laughing

Quote:
The rumors started last weekend, and the key development was the appearance of Liveshot at a wake on Sunday for the mother of an elected county politician north of Boston.

When John Kerry shows up at a wake in Malden or Medford, you know he’s running for re-election to the Senate, although the way the story was told to me, some of Kerry’s oldest habits were on display outside the funeral home where the wake was held.

“It was cold, damn cold, and we were all waiting in the line to get inside,” the local pol explained. “And then that !@#$%& Kerry shows up - and he cuts the line!” Stop me if you’ve heard this one before.

Quote:
And here’s the greatest irony of all: John Kerry was the absolute last person in the world to know it was all over. Nothing changed, in other words, between 2004 and 2007.

A line comes to mind from F. Scott Fitzgerald, as John and Mama T leave the national scene like Tom and Daisy Buchanan at the end of “The Great Gatsby,” retreating “back into their money or their vast carelessness or whatever it was that kept them together . . . drift(ing) here and there unrestfully, wherever people played polo and were rich together.”

3:00 PM - 7:00 PM: "The Howie Carr Show" - Howie Carr
WRKO AM680 - Boston
Listen Live Link - Call In: 877 469 4322 Email: howiecarr@WRKO.com
note: Requires free registration; The show is replayed between 1am and 5am every weeknight
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: