SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Move Over MoveOn?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Me#1You#10
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2007 7:34 pm    Post subject: Move Over MoveOn? Reply with quote

I noted a recent internet stir created by Dr. Jerry Corsi's addition as "Senior Political Strategist" to internet newcomer "TheVanguard.Org". I'm relatively unfamiliar with the enterprise but impressed by their mission and the calibre of their personnel. Here's a nice intro to "The Vanguard.Org". I certainly wish them well in their endeavor...

Quote:
The Next MoveOn.org?
by Stephanie Dube
Posted Jan 18, 2007

PayPal, the ubiquitous online payments service, has been in the news lately as much for its former employees as for its fast-growing business. From YouTube to LinkedIn, from award-winning picture “Thank You for Smoking” to path-breaking rocket company SpaceX, PayPal alumni are everywhere. As Forbes magazine recently put it, “maybe there was something in the beer.”

It was just a matter of time until one of them got into politics.

Enter Rod Martin.

Martin is bigger than life, physically and every other way. Whether speaking to groups of 10 or 10,000, all across the nation he draws the crowd in, bringing them to tears or lifting them to their feet at will. His overstuffed agenda includes a weekly conference call with the White House. He keeps the talk-radio schedule of a candidate (he denies running for anything), and slips effortlessly between topics as diverse as tax reform, the disposition of military forces across the Middle East, and the implications of his friends’ technological endeavors over the next five decades. He’s friendly, jovial, self-deprecating. You can’t help but like him.

And he has a plan.

“The left has been brilliant at leveraging technology,” he says, “and so have we to a point: our bloggers and news sites are amazing, and the RNC’s get-out-the-vote software is unparalleled. But no one on our side has even begun to create anything like MoveOn. And after 2006, if we want to survive, much less build a long-term conservative majority, we better start, and fast.”

So he’s setting out to do just that, at a still-small site called TheVanguard.org.

Human Events Online - cont'd
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: