SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Wounded Iraq Vet Threatened, Spat on by 'Antiwar' Protesters
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kate
Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2007 4:43 am    Post subject: Wounded Iraq Vet Threatened, Spat on by 'Antiwar' Protesters Reply with quote

Vietnam redux..
AAR on the Hanoi Jane anti-war rally, by Kristinn Taylor - head of DC's FReeRepublic Chapter, and media spokesman. If he sounds angry - he is. He refers to Joshua Sparling - the name may be familiar to many. He is the soldier from Walter Reed who received that nasty Christmas card from that crazy loon a year ago. After a year of pain and surgery, his lower right leg was amputated in November.

FReeper thread
Quote:
Wounded Iraq Vet Threatened, Spat on by 'Antiwar' Protesters
D.C. Chapter Report on 1/27/07
Posted on 01/28/2007 by kristinn

I'm angry. I'm angry at the 'antiwar' protesters who heaped abuse on our troops. And I'm angry at the people who couldn't be bothered to stand up for our troops yesterday.

Tens of thousands of anti-American leftists and their dupes marched on our nation's capital calling for America's defeat in the war on terror in Iraq.

Only about forty people could be bothered to turn out in support of America's victory in Iraq. Among those forty was a civilian POW held by the North Vietnamese communists and several Iraq war veterans--including wounded warriors who left the hospital to stand up for their brothers in arms on the home front.

Why did former POW Mike Benge and Iraq vet Joshua Sparling only find a few dozen people willing to stand with them? Why, as the anti-American left is heading toward repeating their victory in Vietnam, are so many people sitting on their asses and doing nothing to stop them?

Why, when Joshua Sparling was spat on, cursed at and threatened by 'peace marchers', were there so few people there to defend his honor?

Why was Jane Fonda allowed to desecrate the Navy Memorial and only face token opposition?

Why did Mike Benge see thousands more people showing up to cheer Jane Fonda than there were to denounce her?

Those who were there to support these patriots will be posting their observations and photos on this thread. I've said my piece.

quite a long & hot thread going at the link, a few comments from the posts - more detail at the link from other FReepers who were there
Quote:
and most of them were wounded soldiers from Walter Reed (post35)

They did spit on them. And they called them murderers. And a couple of them threatened to shoot them. Expect to see more of that in coming months. If you don't recall how it went during Vietnam, stick around - it's going to happen this time, too. Because not enough of "the silent majority" give a damn. .(post43)

the guys who threatened to shoot Josh (well, there is a second guy who also threatened to shoot Josh) and I have them all on film. That group of guys tried earlier to leave their "peace" march to come down the sidewalk to get Josh, but the coppers stopped them then (post76)

MARCH 17, 2007 .....
The COMMIES plan an anti-war rally/march starting at the Vietnam Memorial and march to the Pentagon. Organize bus transportation and pick up others on your way in
>
They will now desecrate yet another War Memorial. One that they contributed to greatly...by adding thousands more names!!! (post84)

Details on the March 17 anti-war rally on a separate thread - they need turnout
FReeRepublic link
LewWaters
Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2007 6:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Even the New York Times saw fit to mention this incident.
BuffaloJack
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2007 11:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wouldn't be opposed to legislation that made the act of "spitting on a GI" a hate crime. They make the use of the N-word a hate crime, why not this?
tony54
PO2

PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2007 12:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Memories of tha late sixties and early seventies.
If someone spits on you its "assault", they may not necassarily be arrested, but you can give him a "fat lip" in self defense.
Its hard to spit again with a fat lip and a couple loose teeth.
dusty
Admiral

PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2007 2:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tony54 wrote:
If someone spits on you its "assault", they may not necassarily be arrested, but you can give him a "fat lip" in self defense.

With the pent up emotions of 30 some odd years, it may be hard to stop with a fat lip and a few loose teeth. The sound of bones breaking can be pretty satisfying in some cases.

Dusty
AMOS
Senior Chief Petty Officer

PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2007 3:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Probably a good thing I wasn't there.
Me#1You#10
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2007 4:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LewWaters wrote:
Even the New York Times saw fit to mention this incident.

...among other things...

Quote:
“This war has been going on longer than she has been alive, and Cheney says it will be a 50-year war,” said Annie Yanowitz, a housewife from Amherst, Mass., pointing to her 2-year-old daughter, Amira.

“I find that totally inappropriate that our children may grow up with this war continuing,” Ms. Yanowitz said.

Ms. Yanowitz is, of course, clueless about her own culpability for prolonging jihad and INSURING that her daughter will be dealing with this scourge on civilization and humanity well into her adult years.
Me#1You#10
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2007 4:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BuffaloJack wrote:
I wouldn't be opposed to legislation that made the act of "spitting on a GI" a hate crime.

I'd be surprised to learn that spitting at anyone, given the possibility of HIV infection, isn't already considered to be a form of assault...but I concur with your idea about specific legislation.

Last edited by Me#1You#10 on Tue Jan 30, 2007 9:55 pm; edited 1 time in total
dusty
Admiral

PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2007 4:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just a heads up so that all won't be agonizing too much over the way this thing is going to go. It's not a lot of comfort I know but at least we can know the ending. And that final ending is not how the Muslims picture it to be.

1. This conflict was set in motion when Adam and Eve partook of the 'forbidden' fruit.

2. We are not going to win this one. We can already see the seeds of our demise being sown.

3. Only by Divine Intervention will Israel's ultimate distruction be averted.

Not a prophet, just walking around with my eyes open by faith.

Dusty
four-niner delta
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2007 5:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This report is from the DrudgeReport this morning. Did the MSM report this at all?

http://thehill.com/thehill/export/TheHill/News/Frontpage/012507/protesters.html

January 28, 2007
Anti-war protesters spray paint Capitol building
By Jackie Kucinich
Anti-war protesters were allowed to spray paint on part of the west front steps of the United States Capitol building after police were ordered to break their security line by their leadership, two sources told The Hill.

According to the sources, police officers were livid when they were told to fall back by U.S. Capitol Police (USCP) Chief Phillip Morse andDeputy Chief Daniel Nichols. "They were the commanders on the scene," one source said, who requested anonymity. "It was disgusting."

After police ceded the stairs, located on the lower west front of the Capitol, the building was locked down, the source added.

A second source who witnessed the incident said that the police had the crowd stopped at Third Street, but were told to bring the police line in front of the Capitol.

Approximately 300 protesters were allowed to take the steps and began to spray paint "anarchist symbols" and phrase such as "Our capitol building" and "you can’t stop us" around the area, the source said.

Morse responded to these claims in an e-mail Sunday afternoon explaining that the protesters were seeking confrontation with the police.

"While there were minor instances of spray painting of pavement by a splinter group of Anarchists who were seeking a confrontation with the police, their attempts to breach into secure areas and rush the doors of the Capitol were thwarted," Morse said. "The graffiti was easily removed by the dedicated [Architect of the Capitol] staff, some of whom responded on their day off to quickly clean the area."

He added, "It is the USCP's duty and responsibility to protect the Capitol complex, staff and public while allowing the public to exercise their First Amendment rights … at the end of the day, both occurred without injury to protestors or officers."

Yet, the sources who talked to The Hill were furious that protesters were not stopped before reaching the Capitol.

"To get that close to the Capitol building, that is ridiculous," the second source said. "[Police] were told not to arrest anyone."

The second source added that police had to stand by and watch as protesters posed in front of their graffiti.

Tens of thousands of people rallied on the Mall and the Capitol complex Saturday in protest of the increased troop deployments and the war in Iraq.

These protestors should have NEVER reached the steps of the Capitol building. So much for the IDIOTS at Homeland Security! Mad
Mobile Riverine Force
A Co. 3/60 9th INF DIV
gmez2001
PO3

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2007 6:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dusty wrote:
tony54 wrote:

With the pent up emotions of 30 some odd years, it may be hard to stop with a fat lip and a few loose teeth. The sound of bones breaking can be pretty satisfying in some cases.

Dusty

PENT UP EMOTIONS:
I'd love to see some of these verbal/physical assault cases get to court. My second wish would be inclusion in the jury pool.
Ohio Voter
PO2

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2007 7:41 pm    Post subject: Re: Wounded Iraq Vet Threatened, Spat on by 'Antiwar' Protes Reply with quote

Antiwar protestors have to be the most immoral and despicable people on the face of the earth. They hate and act it out more than anyone else I know. Probably because they think they are so far above us lowly people who love God and Country.
kate
Admin

PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2007 2:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, those anti-war protestors certainly are vicious as they attack the FReeper/Iraq Vet group. The protestors numbered in the thousands, yet they got pretty riled up by that small band of about 40 FReepers/Vets

FReepers's video, Part one of 2 parts ( part 2 being processed) is up on utube

And they were especially very mean to Joshua Sparling - awful name calling. There's another Iraq Vet there with a bullhorn, giving the protesters a good run...good thing there was a fence separating these groups .....the other confrontation must come later ( have to wait to see what part 2 shows)

Part one of
Vietnam Redux - Radical Left Goes After US Soldiers, Again
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q9iodh1HNIQ
Me#1You#10
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2007 3:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

kate wrote:
There's another Iraq Vet there with a bullhorn, giving the protesters a good run...

I don't know who that young man was, but he OWNED that "debate". My hat's off to him and to all those there that stood their ground in the face of those fugitives from the 60's, leftists, pacifists and appeasers.

I hope this video gets WIDE distribution.
Fort Campbell
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2007 12:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

kate wrote:

FReepers's video, Part one of 2 parts ( part 2 being processed) is up on utube

And they were especially very mean to Joshua Sparling - awful name calling. There's another Iraq Vet there with a bullhorn, giving the protesters a good run...good thing there was a fence separating these groups .....the other confrontation must come later ( have to wait to see what part 2 shows)

Part one of
Vietnam Redux - Radical Left Goes After US Soldiers, Again
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q9iodh1HNIQ

I would love to shake that young man's hand. he is what is good and right in this country. I sure wish that we could learn his name. I'd write him a letter to let him know how much I appreciate him.

But watching this sent chills down my spine. It is Vietnam all over again. I had hoped to never have to live through anything like that again.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: