SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Lieberman May Back GOP Presidential Candidate In '08

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
shawa
CNO

PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2007 6:41 pm    Post subject: Lieberman May Back GOP Presidential Candidate In '08 Reply with quote

Joe Lieberman, Zell Miller, and Ed Koch--three 'old-time' Democrats I can really respect. They love their country more than Party.
Quote:

~snip~

Asked if he might vote Republican in 2008, Lieberman, the Democratic vice presidential nominee in 2000, said, “I am, because we have so much on the line both in terms of the Islamist terrorists, who are an enemy as brutal as the fascists and communists we faced in the last century, and we have great challenges here at home to make our economy continue to produce good jobs, to deal with our crises in health care, education, immigration, energy.

“Party is important, but more important is the national interest,” he said on “Fox News Sunday.”

He said he will “look at all the candidates and then in the end, regardless of party, decide who I think will be best for the future of our country.”

“I agree more often than not with Democrats on domestic policy,” Lieberman said. “I agree more often than not with Republicans on foreign and defense policy. I’m an Independent.”

“So I’m open to supporting a Democrat, Republican or even an Independent, if there’s a strong one,” Lieberman said. “Stay tuned.”

Boston Herald
“I love the man that can smile in trouble, that can gather strength from distress, and grow brave by reflection. ‘Tis the business of little minds to shrink; but he whose heart is firm, and whose conscience approves his conduct, will pursue his principles unto death.” (Thomas Paine, 1776)
USAFE5
PO2

PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2007 7:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ok maybe Newt and Joe could run together in 2008
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: