SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

"Miracle in Washington"

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Me#1You#10
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2007 5:39 am    Post subject: "Miracle in Washington" Reply with quote

From Judi McLeod of Canada Free Press (I seem to be seeing and reading more and more of their material), a splendid commentary on the GoE success in D.C.

I won't even quote the article...their website deserves the hit...but I can guarantee you the trip there is worth it just for the accompanying photograph...

Canada Free Press
Fort Campbell
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2007 1:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

An excellent article, but I wish that Canada had stood by us when we went to war in Iraq. But they did not. They have troops in Afghanistan now only because they are members of NATO. I am afraid that by their refusal to support the War in Iraq I have lost much respect for Canada. Canada is not the "ally" that I had thought it to be.
streetsweeper95B
PO2

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2007 4:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fort Campbell wrote:
An excellent article, but I wish that Canada had stood by us when we went to war in Iraq. But they did not. They have troops in Afghanistan now only because they are members of NATO. I am afraid that by their refusal to support the War in Iraq I have lost much respect for Canada. Canada is not the "ally" that I had thought it to be.

Beg to differ with you here FC.....But, Canada has always had representation within the US Army since I can remember. Mine & other men & women in US Army duty station's stateside from Louisiana westward; FT Carson, CO & northward to FT Lewis, WA & overseas in Korea, ect are the direct jurisdiction of III Corps; FT Hood, TX.

FT Hood is home to many more units than one suspects. 1st Cav Divison & Air Mobile; 3rd Armor Division; 4th Infantry Division; ect.

To enlighten you further, here are two links for your use:

http://www.hood.army.mil/

The next link provides information that you are neither aware of as a civilian nor would know of otherwise. As you will see & read for yourself, Canada does & always will have military involvement with our military no matter what the politicians & MSM say.

http://www.hood.army.mil/Sub/leadership.htm

Respectfully from a very proud veteran of the US Army Military Police Corps & 7th Cavalry Regiment (4/7).

Thank you!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: