SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The Great Global Warming Swindle
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
GenrXr
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2007 2:06 am    Post subject: The Great Global Warming Swindle Reply with quote

Check it out!
Schadow
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2007 2:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Watched it the other day. Real science is displayed there as opposed to the computer model junk espoused by Gore and his disciples.

I've heard that Gore is going to testify before the House next week. Any bets on whether dissenting witnesses will be present?

EDIT: The "testimony" will be delivered to a joint session of the House Energy and Commerce Subcommittee on Energy and Air Quality and the House Science and Technology Subcommittee on Energy and Environment. Gore will be the only witness. We lost a lot when the Dems won the Congress.
BuffaloJack

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2007 11:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I watched it over the Weekend.
Superbly done. I especially liked Greenpeace founder, Dr. Patrick Moore's statements that the left has hijacked the environmental movement and all this stuff is just bunk.
This film shows real science instead of lunatic rantings.
Ohio Voter
PO2

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2007 2:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would love to download that video to watch on my local machine. Any suggestion how that can be done? I have tried right clicking to save as but it must be protected.
Me#1You#10
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2007 3:45 pm    Post subject: "Global warming discussions in schools" Reply with quote

As per usual, it will take another uphill battle of epic proportion to counter the foundational bedrock of the GW leftist "religion" that has already been laid.

And here it is, as per usual, being drummed into the minds of our children from day 1...

Quote:
Global warming discussions in schools
By Sky Barsch
Free Press Staff Writer
March 17, 2007

Some parents question how global warming is taught in schools

In Montpelier earlier this year, Bill Burrell’s sixth-grade students testified before legislative committees about global warming and what Vermont can do about it. The students also are immersed in conservation and alternative energy projects.

In South Burlington recently, a middle school math teacher used a portion of Al Gore’s documentary, “An Inconvenient Truth,” to illustrate linear equations. An English teacher used the movie to spark opinion writing. Another documentary, “Too Hot Not To Handle,” was shown in a science class during a climate and weather unit to help illustrate the effect that human beings have on the environment, according to Frederick Tuttle Middle School Principal Joe O’Brien.

In Jericho this week, Jericho Elementary School students put on a play about global warming.

As global warming has shifted from the subject of scientific trade journals and alternative media to the center of the public and political arenas, it also has become a hot topic in public schools. That has some parents questioning what their children are hearing. Parents who disagree with the global warming theory, or who chalk it up to environmental alarmists or political hyperbole, are finding that their points of view aren’t given the attention afforded the “other side.”

This has educators wondering if global warming is the next intelligent design versus evolution debate?

“That’s always a very delicate situation, that we provide a balance,” O’Brien said of the global warming discussion. O’Brien was contacted recently by parent Linus Leavens, who was upset that “An Inconvenient Truth” and “Too Hot Not To Handle” were shown to his children.

Although school officials say the movies were used as a tool to illustrate linear equations and to show how an argument can be presented, Leavens is still concerned that countering theories were not shown.

Leavens said he is not convinced that humans are causing climate change. He points to the views of S. Fred Singer, an atmospheric physicist at George Mason University who is skeptical of global warming theories such as those discussed in Gore’s movie, and wants to ensure that the views of global warming dissenters are presented at school. Also, he complains, Gore is a politician.

"Al Gore is a political animal,” Leavens said. “That, I have an issue with. There are people out there who are not buying the left-wing environmental blitz hook, line and sinker. I want both sides to be presented.” ?

Burlington Free Press - cont'd
Schadow
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2007 3:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ohio Voter wrote:
I would love to download that video to watch on my local machine. Any suggestion how that can be done? I have tried right clicking to save as but it must be protected.

The film can be seen on PowerLine at:

http://powerlineblog.com/archives/017028.php

You might be able to gyp it from there.

Schadow
BuffaloJack

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2007 11:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Scientific Smackdown: Skeptics Voted The Clear Winners Against Global Warming Believers in Heated NYC Debate
Just days before former Vice President Al Gore’s scheduled visit to testify about global warming before the U.S. Senate Committee on Environment & Public Works, a high profile climate debate between prominent scientists Wednesday evening ended with global warming skeptics being voted the clear winner by a tough New York City before an audience of hundreds of people.

Before the start of the nearly two hour debate the audience polled 57.3% to 29.9% in favor of believing that Global Warming was a “crisis”, but following the debate the numbers completely flipped to 46.2% to 42.2% in favor of the skeptical point of view. The audience also found humor at the expense of former Vice President Gore’s reportedly excessive home energy use.

http://epw.senate.gov/public/index.cfm?FuseAction=Minority.Blogs&ContentRecord_id=5ac1c0d6-802a-23ad-4a8c-ee5a888dfe7e&Region_id=&Issue_id=

This has gotta look bad for Gore and the Global Warming Nuts.
Bob51
Seaman

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2007 6:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/uk/science/article1517515.ece

The discussion on this continues in the UK so perhaps we can hope for real debates regularly.
FreeFall
LCDR

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2007 8:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another good place to read about both sides of the global warming issue is in one of Michael Crichton's books, STATE OF FEAR. It's a novel about environmental terrorists using the whole global warming debate as a backdrop to the story. His list of research documents in the back of the book is quite impressive also.

A lot of librarys carry it if you don't want to spend the money on the book, and I enjoyed reading it. It opened up my eyes to much of the arguments on the subject.
Schadow
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2007 9:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FreeFall wrote:
Another good place to read about both sides of the global warming issue is in one of Michael Crichton's books...

For an outstanding distillation of Crichton's take on global warming and the insane arguments about science vs. consensus, read this lecture he gave at Cal Tech in 2003. I wish the whole country could read it. It's called, "Aliens Cause global Warming."

http://www.crichton-official.com/speeches/speeches_quote04.html

Schadow
Me#1You#10
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2007 5:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I guess you can file this in the FWIW category, but I just heard George Noory of the "Coast to Coast" radio program state that, for some time now, he's been trying to organize a panel discussion on the GW issue but is having difficulty finding GW proponents willing to appear with the opposition in an open forum.
While many have expressed an interest in appearing individually or with like-minded peers, none thus far are interested in an open discussion.
SBD
Admiral

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2007 7:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ohio Voter wrote:

When you click on the link at the beginning of the post, it takes you to Google video page. On the right hand side, at the very top is a download button. Right under that is a link you can right click and save target as right to your computer. The file is an .avi divx file.

SBD
Bob51
Seaman

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2007 9:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="Schadow"]
FreeFall wrote:
Another good place to read about both sides of the global warming issue is in one of Michael Crichton's books...

http://www.intelligencesquaredus.org/Event.aspx?Event=12

Quote:
Wednesday, March 14, 2007

Global warming is not a crisis

Intelligence² US audience confirms 46.22% to 42.22% in favor of the motion.
Speaking for the motion: Michael Crichton, Richard S. Lindzen, Philip Stott
Speaking against the motion: Brenda Ekwurzel, Gavin Schmidt, Richard C.J. Somerville

It seems that Crichton and his team were able to persuade the audience. The transcript is available in text at the link but I can't find the podcast or the audio. Perhaps it will be sold in the archive at some point.
Bob51
Seaman

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2007 9:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ohio Voter wrote:
I would love to download that video to watch on my local machine. Any suggestion how that can be done?

An alternative is to order the DVD from Durkin's company. You'll need to make sure it is not region coded for Europe unless you use the usual bypasses for such annoyances....

http://www.wagtv.com/acatalog/store.asp
Quote:
Everything you’ve ever been told about Global Warming is probably untrue. This film blows the whistle on the biggest swindle in modern history. We are told that ‘Man Made Global Warming’ is the biggest ever threat to mankind. There is no room for scientific doubt. Well, watch this film and make up your own mind. If you would like to reserve a copy please email your details to gw@wagtv.com
$25
Schadow
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2007 2:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

By whatever method, the UK Channel 4 piece must be made widely available to US audiences on television. The fact that our schoolchildren are being force-fed Al Gore's false nonsense through mandatory viewing of his junk science in our schools is intolerable. Kids are actually crying themselves to sleep after listening to and watching this lunatic's ravings. This just cannot go unchallenged.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: