SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Rush Limbaugh:"what happened to Miguel Estrada"

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
shawa
CNO

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2007 9:59 pm    Post subject: Rush Limbaugh:"what happened to Miguel Estrada" Reply with quote

Did anyone else hear Rush yesterday talking about the Dem's attacking Attorney General Gonzales.
Then he said Miguel Estrada's wife committed suicide. My husband and I just looked wonderingly at each other and said "what's he talking about?"

Quote:
Rush Limbaugh: "So the plot thickens in all this. You have the first Hispanic-American attorney general, a minority, under fire by white liberal racists in the Senate. He's not the first, by the way. We'll never forget what happened to Miguel Estrada. His wife ended up committing suicide over what they did to him. It's horrible."

I had never heard of this, so I googled which led me to a Free Republic discussion.
It's true, Laury Estrada died in November 2004 of an overdose of sleeping pills.

So tragic, it makes me sick!

A commenter there posted re Harry Reid:
Quote:
From an article in the New Yorker about Harry Reid http://www.newyorker.com/archive/2005/08/08/050808fa_fact?currentPage=7

..."For Rove, the most painful example was Miguel Estrada, who had worked in the Solicitor General’s office, and who was Bush’s first appellate-court nominee, in 2001. Estrada withdrew his name twenty-eight months after being nominated. During the confirmation struggle, Estrada’s wife miscarried; in November, 2004, she died, of an overdose of alcohol and sleeping pills. The death was ruled accidental by the medical examiner.
Rove said that Mrs. Estrada had been traumatized by the nastiness of the process. Reid told Rove that he empathized with Estrada, but said that the Republicans’ treatment of President Clinton’s nominees—more than sixty were never voted on by the Judiciary Committee—had created victims, too.
Rove, according to Reid, replied, “We need to sit down and talk about this,” adding that the ugliness of the confirmation process had reached a new low.".....

84 posted on 03/27/2007 6:34:57 PM PDT by Girlene

Unbelievably heartless! Destroying a man's life and wife and all he can say is 'well, uh, the republicans didn't confirm Clinton's appointees'.

Do these people have no conscience?

And their "politics of personal destruction" rages on!
“I love the man that can smile in trouble, that can gather strength from distress, and grow brave by reflection. ‘Tis the business of little minds to shrink; but he whose heart is firm, and whose conscience approves his conduct, will pursue his principles unto death.” (Thomas Paine, 1776)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: