SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Harry Reid pats Terrorists on the back with his comments
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ohio Voter
PO2

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2007 1:18 pm    Post subject: Harry Reid pats Terrorists on the back with his comments Reply with quote

How can people keep voting in Senators like Reid who continually support, aid an defend the terrorists. After the violent deaths of more than 100 Iraqis by Al Qieda in Iraq, Reid declaired to the press that Iraq is "Lost." Why isn't Reid labeled as a traitor?

http://www.breitbart.com/article.php?id=070419184534.ileoeb47&show_article=1

"The war in Iraq "is lost" and a US troop surge is failing to bring peace to the country, the leader of the Democratic majority in the US Congress, Harry Reid, said Thursday.
"I believe ... that this war is lost, and this surge is not accomplishing anything, as is shown by the extreme violence in Iraq this week," Reid told journalists. "
dusty
Admiral

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2007 1:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Reid's comments are unconsionable. He should be tossed out on his ear along with all the other walking talking idiots like him.
We don't stand a chance of not being overrun by anyone who wants to as long as we have people like this in the halls of congress.
Shameful behavior.

Dusty
Me#1You#10
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2007 2:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think there's a better than even chance that radical jihadists have refrained from perpetrating another attack on our home soil precisely because we are fighting them in Iraq and Afghanistan.

They know as well as we do what would happen to American resolve should we experience another outrage with even 1/100th of the fatalities of 911.

However, I have decreasing confidence at this point that American resolve will survive the tsunami of politically inspired defeatist propaganda emanating from the entertainment industry, the media and the democratic party.

And now this from Harry Reid. I don't know which is greater...my anger or my disgust.
AMOS
Senior Chief Petty Officer

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2007 4:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Light headed Harry from Furchlight, Nevada is........................lost. Simple story about a simple guy.

Harry, it's better to remain quiet and appear stupid rather than..........oh, nevermind, you wouldn't get it.

It's surprising our country does as well as it does, considering the ignorance and utter stupidity displayed by so many in Congress.
coldwarvet
Admiral

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2007 4:32 pm    Post subject: Treasonous Harry has to go Reply with quote

Where is the demand from the American Legion, the VFW, Amvets, for his removal from leadership? Has the Veteran community soul been bought by VA spending the democrats lobby for? Registered democratic Veterans should be changing their party affiliation in protest of this outrageous surrender to the enemies, while our troops our in harms way keeping us from harm.

CWV

"Peace is our Profession"
Strategic Air Command - Motto

USAF 75-79 Security Police
Ohio Voter
PO2

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2007 7:32 pm    Post subject: Re: Treasonous Harry has to go Reply with quote

coldwarvet wrote:
Where is the demand from the American Legion, the VFW, Amvets, for his removal from leadership? Has the Veteran community soul been bought by VA spending the democrats lobby for? Registered democratic Veterans should be changing their party affiliation in protest of this outrageous surrender to the enemies, while our troops our in harms way keeping us from harm.

CWV

I wish there was something I could do to register my disgust where it would make an impact. I am not in NV to help un-vote him out. There should be something I can do as an American. He does not speak for me or millions of others. I think he is a traitor, like Judas or Benedict Arnold, for a handful of political coins.
kate
Admin

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2007 11:03 pm    Post subject: Re: Treasonous Harry has to go Reply with quote

Ohio Voter wrote:

I wish there was something I could do to register my disgust where it would make an impact. I am not in NV to help un-vote him out. There should be something I can do as an American. He does not speak for me or millions of others. I think he is a traitor, like Judas or Benedict Arnold, for a handful of political coins.

I feel your pain. It would do me no good to write to my New York congresscritters to voice my disgust. One thought would be to write to Mitch McConnell - let him know Americans are behind him http://mcconnell.senate.gov/

Quote:
McCONNELL: ‘Surely this isn’t the consensus position of Senate Democrats’
from the Office of Senator Mitch McConnell

Thursday, April 19, 2007

Washington, D.C. – Senate Republican Leader Mitch McConnell made the following statement Thursday regarding the Majority Leader’s claim that the war in Iraq ‘is lost’:

“I can’t begin to imagine how our troops in the field, who are risking their lives every day, are going to react when they get back to base and hear that the Democrat Leader of the United States Senate has declared the war is lost. I can’t begin to imagine what their families will think. Surely this isn’t the consensus position of Senate Democrats.

“If the war is already lost, if it is already time to declare defeat, then why wait another year to do it? Why not simply vote against funding now? Why would anyone ask American soldiers to stick it out for another year if they think the battle is already over?

“If Democrats want to end this war, they should vote against funding it. That would clearly end the war. But that is not what is going to happen. They will wait another year. They will supply and equip our soldiers to fight a war they think they have already lost.”

LewWaters
Admin

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2007 4:28 am    Post subject: Re: Treasonous Harry has to go Reply with quote

coldwarvet wrote:
Where is the demand from the American Legion, the VFW, Amvets, for his removal from leadership?
CWV

Here is what the VFW is saying;

Quote:
VFW Urges Reid to Stop Defeatist Rhetoric

WASHINGTON, April 20, 2007--Veterans of Foreign Wars (VFW) Commander-in-Chief Gary Kurpius is urging Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid (D-NV) to stop his defeatist rhetoric because of the negative impact it is having on the morale of American forces and their families.

The senator declared April 2 in Las Vegas that the Iraq war was “a failure.” He also announced he would submit legislation to end all funding for the war if President Bush made good on his promise to veto any funding bill that contained troop withdrawal timelines. The Senate version of the $123 billion emergency war supplemental contains language that would withdraw the bulk of the 145,000 American troops from Iraq by April 2008.

At a Capitol Hill press conference yesterday, Reid again said that “This war is lost and the surge is not accomplishing anything.”

“Senator Reid claims to be a legislator who knows how to compromise, but his repeated comments are having an extremely negative impact on our troops, their families and our allies around the world,” said Kurpius, a Vietnam veteran from Anchorage, Alaska.

“You can’t support the troops without supporting what it is they do, which in a combat zone means the mission, the mission, the mission,” he said.

Kurpius said his Vietnam generation was blamed for losing their war because of politicians in Washington who wouldn’t let the generals be generals.”

“The senator would have us repeat history again and have America known for the rest of the 21st century as a nation that can’t finish what it starts. He would have this new generation of warriors come home to a nation that — regardless of all the ‘Support the Troops’ decals and political speeches — only loves winners. And he would have us quit on our troops, even though they haven’t quit on us or their mission in Iraq.”

Kurpius said that America has new leadership in the Pentagon and on the ground in Iraq with a new plan that is starting to show signs of success.

“Despite what the senator thinks, our commanders have faith that the ongoing surge will prove to be the final key that the Iraqis need to secure their own country. Our patience is not unlimited, but if our troops have faith, the VFW has faith, and so should America,” he said.

Kurpius said that those who have served in harm’s way know that good morale comes from knowing that your country and family supports you and the mission you perform. He also said that no matter how Senator Reid attempts to frame or assuage his comments, he is destroying troop morale with his defeatist talk and his insistence to cut troop funding.

“We all want the war to end, but how it ends is very important to this generation of servicemen and women, and to future generations of Americans who may choose to serve their nation in uniform,” he said.

“This issue isn’t Democratic or Republican, it’s about American men and women who we sent to war and now some want to pull back before they finish their job," he said.

"The time to debate the war is not in front of a microphone making irresponsible statements, and it’s certainly not in the funding bill that keeps our troops alive. If our troops need funds, it is the responsibility of Congress to provide them the money. Debate the war elsewhere.”

http://www.vfw.org/index.cfm?fa=news.newsDtl&did=3978

To Senator Reid, and any other leftist preferring a "negotiated" end to the war, please let us know what you think we should give up to the terrorists to attain this "negotiated peace." Diplomacy is negotiating, compromise, giving in. So, let us know what America should be prepared to give away to terrorists.
fortdixlover
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2007 6:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Reid's statements actually encourage terrorists to go out and do more. His statements precipitate more murder.

Anyone wonder where close to 1,000 suicide bombers have been coming from? I do not think suicide bombing is representative of Iraqi culture. What kind of training camps are producing them?

Perhaps it's related to this charming tale of the Left's favorite Oppressed Religion?

Jihadist video shows boy beheading man

-- FDL
streetsweeper95B
PO2

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2007 6:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No thanks FDL..........I'm in the mood to load my 12 gauge with double ought.......I'll pass
streetsweeper95B
PO2

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2007 6:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Harry Reid was a punk way back when & is still a punk......Ha!
shawa
CNO

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2007 4:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yesterday, Michelle Malkin post responses to Sen. Reid from our troops serving in Iraq.
All are very good, but this one respectfully addresses a particular point for which Sen. Reid should hang his head in shame! "To be brief, your words are killing us."
(emphasis mine)
Quote:
LT Nichols also in Baghdad:

Senator Reid:
When you say we've lost in Iraq, I don't think you understand the effect of your words. The Iraqis I speak with are the good guys here, fighting to build a stable government. They hear what you say, but they don't understand it. They don't know about the political game, they don't know about a Presidential veto, and they don't know about party politics.
But they do know that if they help us, they are noticed by terrorists and extremists. They decide to help us if they think we can protect them from those terrorists. They tell us where caches of weapons are hidden. They call and report small groups of men who are strangers to the neighborhood, men that look the same to us, but are obvious to them as a foreign suicide cell.

To be brief, your words are killing us. Your statements make the Iraqis afraid to help us for fear we'll leave them unprotected in the future. They don't report a cache, and its weapons blow up my friends in a convoy. They don't report a foreign fighter, and that fighter sends a mortar onto my base. Your statements are noticed, and they have an effect.

Finally, you are mistaken when you say we are losing. We are winning, I see it every day. However, we will win with fewer casualties if you help us. Will you?

Respectfully,

LT Jason Nichols, USN
MNF-I, Baghdad

Mr Reid should know that his words, as leader of the U.S. Senate, carry particular import with the Iraqi people. Discouraging those people from informing and cooperating with our troops is traitorous and killing our soldiers!!
“I love the man that can smile in trouble, that can gather strength from distress, and grow brave by reflection. ‘Tis the business of little minds to shrink; but he whose heart is firm, and whose conscience approves his conduct, will pursue his principles unto death.” (Thomas Paine, 1776)

Last edited by shawa on Sat Apr 21, 2007 4:30 pm; edited 1 time in total
Deuce

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2007 4:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FDL,

what a link...in my case the NETFLIX ad ran but the video* of the Taliban boy slitting the old man's throat never showed up....mebbe Yahoo has come to their senses and quit the Harry Reid suicide bomber recruiting camp after some calls from their sponsors....now if we could just get the Harry Reid sponsors to call!

Deuce

*that said, the article was unfortunately there in its entirety...wonder if Harry Reid knows he's got lots of little children doing his dirty work now, winning the War of Terror for him!
dusty
Admiral

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2007 5:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think it's high time to start calling for Harry Reid to be removed from congress.
That hue and cry needs to go out nationwide just like the Commiecrats jump on bandwagons. Like the Gonzalas fiasco.
The high ground Republicans have been walking on for several generations is being seriously eroded. There is not much high ground left to walk on. It's time to face reality and join the fight the other side has been waging with little or no opposition.
It's not going to bring me much satisfaction to be living under the yoke of a communist regime and telling myself, Yeah, but we always took the high road.

Dusty
AMOS

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2007 10:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people
appear bright until you hear them speak."

Quite applicable to Dirty Harry, etal, I'd say.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: