SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

"Newshour" Iraq Debate

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Me#1You#10
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2007 3:16 am    Post subject: "Newshour" Iraq Debate Reply with quote

Jim Lehrer's "Newshour" on PBS did a segment on the Iraq debate, hosted by Judy Woodruff, featuring a debate between John Soltz of "VoteVets.org" and Melanie Morgan of "Move America Forward." I think you'll agree, Ms. Morgan represented both herself and her position quite well. From the MAF e-mail...

Quote:
*** MUST SEE: FIREWORKS ERUPT ON "THE NEWS HOUR" w/ JIM LEHRER ***

The fight between pro-troop organizations exploded this week on the television airwaves.

The well-known news program, The News Hour with Jim Lehrer, invited Move America Forward's chairman, Melanie Morgan, to come on the show to provide balance to a MoveOn.org representative who co-founded a new front group called VoteVets.org. Anti-war groups, led by MoveOn.org, are launching a multi-million dollar advertising and lobbying campaign this week to cut off funding for U.S. troops fighting in the war on terrorism.

The debate between Melanie Morgan of MAF and the anti-war representative of the MoveOn.org affiliated group was intense:

WATCH THE DEBATE BETWEEN MAF & MOVEON - HERE

[Click the Streaming Video link near the top of the PBS transcript of this segment]

P.S. Move America Forward will be launching public protests against the efforts by congressional leaders to cut off funds for our troops. We will be conducting protests specifically against the two leaders of the anti-troop movement, Senate Majority Leader, Harry Reid, and House Speaker, Nancy Pelosi.

The protests will take place on Thursday, May 17th. On that day we will also be launching our next wave of television advertisements that fight back against the defeat-retreat-surrender crowd.

We need Move America Forward's members and supporters to step up and support this effort. Please provide us the support to respond to MoveOn.org which has already gotten their members to contribute so that they may go on the attack against the missions our troops are serving in.

CONTRIBUTE ONLINE: http://www.MoveAmericaForward.org/Contribution

Here's a direct link to the streaming video.
GenrXr
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2007 10:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Melanie Morgan was impressive and members of her organization should be proud.

The Army Captain was stuck on stupid and Kosovo. He must have referred to his service in Kosovo four times versus his service in Iraq twice. Was it because he agreed politically with Kosovo? Or was it because noone was in Kosovo to know he wasn't doing anything there as well, while everyone knows he was pushing a pencil in Iraq?

It would have been interesting to see him asked what he thought of our country attacking the Christian Serbian Nation because they were fighting and killing the same people we now find ourselves fighting and killing.
Deuce
Senior Chief Petty Officer

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2007 4:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Genxr,

In "joining" the KLA (Kosovo Liberation Army), Clinton clearly jumped in on the wrong side....I didn't understand it at the time, and my Serbian friend at work was absolutely livid with rage at that time. And I can add, I still don't understand our position in the Balkans. Given that it's now coming back to haunt us (Ft. Dix 6...w/ a KLA "uncleansed" Sniper as 'ranking member'), Homeland Security will continue to be a morass unless and until a 'uniform' approach can be taken on the home front! Sounds like you're as befuddled as I am (tho you'r certainly more eloquent). The good captain probably wouldn't have been able to answer the question (don't think he was Serbian, was he?). Like Cspan, PBS usually overweights the left side (the agenda you know)...nice to see they misunderestimated the MAF spokesperson.

Deuce
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: