SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Iraq War Vets Need Help with Swift Boat Style Group

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Gary
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2007 7:23 pm    Post subject: Iraq War Vets Need Help with Swift Boat Style Group Reply with quote

I am writing on behalf of a group of Veterans from Op. Iraqi Freedom that are looking for advice and assistance in forming a group very similar to that of the Swift Boat Veterans for Truth. All contact links are dead except for these forums.

My guys are Veterans of The Iraq Survey Group and the Document Exploitation program. "The ISG & DocEx Vets for Truth" if you will [just for the moment].

The latest information from these ops. is not really getting to the public and therefore the debate in the public domain is far off base from an appropriate starting point.

It is striking how similar in concept the campaign I am putting together now is with the Swift Boat Campaign. There is a book based on captured documents called 'Both in One Trench' including corresponding documents found seperately in Iraq and Afghanistan. Needless to say this makes for a long list of statements by politicians that need to be corrected, publicly.

I have read every word on the subject matter of 'Both in One Trench' for years. However, My normal day job is managing a rock band so I am a little over my head on organizing a group for my guys that comes anywhere near The Swift Boat Vets. I volunteered to help the authors with the media end of this, and then I realized what stage they are at with the project - NOW I AM TRYING TO CALL IN SOME REINFORCEMENTS

YOUR COUNTRY…THE FREE WORLD NEEDS THE SERVICE OF THE SWIFT BOAT VETS AGAIN.

PLEASE HELP,

Gary J.
Volunteer
'Both in One Trench'
Navy_Navy_Navy
Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2007 10:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gary,

Welcome aboard! Glad to have you join us. Smile

There isn't much activity here any more - it's like a little coffee shop where you know all the "regulars" these days. It'll probably get busier around here as the election season heats up.

Your message is going to be read by the most people in this sub-heading, so I'll leave this one and remove the others.

I hope you get lots of help and I PM'd you about offering my assistance.

Have a nice evening!
Stevie
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2007 8:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gary - I can't help you - I didn't understand most of what you even said... but others here will.
It did sound like something I should know more about - and all Americans.

The very best of this country come and go on this board.... someone (or many) will have some help for you i'm sure!
be arrested, exiled or hanged.
Gary
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2007 5:58 pm    Post subject: Saddam support for al Qaeda and its affiliates Reply with quote

Thanks for the replies guys...

Simply put, Saddam may not have ordered the 9/11 attacks; however, the fact of the matter is that Saddam was funding, supporting, and exploiting the same jihadi network that has been at war with the US for years.

Here is a private reply to Navy Navy Navy he suggested I post publicly to explain where my group is currently at with the project:

First let me just say that this project does not really require the Swift Vets to become publicly active again. We really need their help behind the scenes to mold around the orginazational model.

It's the orginazation, legal advice, and money that are needed. I have little knowledge of campaign finance laws etc... I noticed the final press release from the Swift Boat Vets was all about the technical designation of 527 and the FEC wanting them to register as something else... it is a bit beyond me.

I have all the info I need to run an incredible ad campaign with TV commercials, mobile billboards and the whole 9. As well, I have the production capability to make the commercials for next to nothing. I manage a rock band so I have lots of info and media resources readily available. Money is the biggest issue on this. SpotRunner.com lets you design your own TV Campaign by city, station, and time slots. DoItOutdoors.com has mobile billboards...BlogAds.com for the internet, and I have plenty more where that came from.

The strategic vision is in place.

There are many Democrats who have claimed Bush fabricated any link between Saddam and Al Qaeda. The documents, statements of military personell on the ground, and even many news reports prove otherwise. I can deconstruct the Pentagon Inspector General Reports to show how the Dems have twisted them, as well as Senate Intel Cmte. The interesting parts are the inconvenient admissions laid out by former director of Central Intelligence George Tenet in his book.

Imagine a 20ft by 10ft double sided billboard on the back of a truck rolling through the middle of New York with some very provacative pictures linking Saddam and al Qaeda [many pics to choose from]. I even have the first commercial in story board format and the video guy ready to go as a favor - and he is pretty professional. I would be happy to send you the pdf, but it seems like it would need to goto a regular email address.

Targeting swing districts for the presidential election is a must. As well, we will be specificly targeting Carl Levin, Harry Reid, and many of the other leading Democrats that have misled the American People, and our allies on this issue.

Sadly, the only options the Dems seem to be offering in the election is surrender to Islamic Fascism. I will not go down without a fight. Iraq was, is, and will continue to be a of great strategic interest for the US, and the region at large

Please let me know if their is anything else you might be able to do to help take this past the web in the fashion mentioned above. The authors have a decent site with a blog and everything. We need some swift help from the Swift Boat Vets...

Thanks,

Gary
kate
Admin

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2007 9:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

welcome to the forum Gary

Quote:
The authors have a decent site with a blog and everything
Is there a link to the website?

re the Document Exploitation -- have you hooked up with any FReepers? There is one particular FReeper who has been translating lots of these documents

and as far as finances, I would think that site would be a good one for donations, once you get going
Gary
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2007 6:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kate,

Hey there...Thanks for the welcome.

First, Here is the link to the site:
http://rayrobison.typepad.com/

At this time we are at the stage of need large donations to get a kick start. The site is one avenue to keep the stream flowing, and the book 'Both in One Trench' is for sale by ebook on the site. Thing is, in my research on the Swif Boat Vets, I noticed they took in roughly $25 Million. A big chunk of that was from a very few people:

The largest contributors were:

Bob Perry
T. Boone Pickens
Aubry McClendon
Albert D. Huddleston

and a few others...

The other main concern is legal advice. From what I understand even radio people like Sean Hannity and Rush are not allowed to speak in certain ways about candidates on air during campaign season - unless they have registered as a 527, or a commitee, yada yada... the election rules are so complicated it drives me nuts.

With just a little help over the hump, I can have commercials on the air before General Patreus comes home for his September progress report.

If we can take this overseas to some of our allies, they might actually send some help for our troops. Afghanistan is no walk in the park and there are 37 countries that have troops there. Not all are in combat, but their governments have an easier time justifying their presence in direct relation to al Qaeda.

Iraq was one of the fall back points for al Qaeda peeps when the US went into Afghanistan. Now an Al Qaeda member has been bold enough to publicly explain how they can work with the "Shi'ite infidel" state of Iran. If they can work with Iran, the Shi'ites, why is it so difficult for media morons to accept the same with Saddam, a "Sunni Infidel"? There is never any substantive argument that holds this line of crap. It always comes back to ideological differences. That argument has been destroyed...and that destruction must be made more public.

The Video:
http://switch5.castup.net/frames/20041020_MemriTV_Popup/video_480x360.asp?ai=214&ar=1462wmv&ak=null
kate
Admin

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2007 1:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
First, Here is the link to the site:
http://rayrobison.typepad.com/

I've seen Ray on TV, and his website. He may just know the FReeper I was referring to. (PM sent)

kudos to you on this endeavor
jalexson
PO3

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2007 4:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I posted a link to the ebook on the war forum at

http://www.hannity.com
"That awful power, the public opinion of a nation, is created in America by a horde of ignorant, self-complacent simpletons who failed at ditching and shoe making and fetched up in journalism on their way to the poor house."
-- Mark Twain
ocsparky101
PO1

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2007 3:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gary any information you have on Carl Levin would be appreciated. I am from Michigan and are getting ready for the re run of Levin in 2008. I know he has been right up there with John Kerry in weakening the security of the American People. Especially with his membership in the Armed Services Committee.
I B Squidly
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2007 4:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OC,

Maybe Michael Moore could be gulled into running against Levin in the primary. It could be a marvelous marshmallow roast over their self emolation.

-Wlm Shakespeare
Wing Wiper
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2007 4:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's the home page of the document translator mentioned:

http://www.freerepublic.com/~jveritas/

Good luck.
FreeFall
LCDR

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2007 8:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

On Rush Limbaugh's show last week, I think it was Thursday, he had a man call in at the end of the show saying that there was BBC footage of Qusay Hussein (one of Saddam's sons) getting out of a Mercedes Limo with Osama Bin Ladan at Salman Pak, the terrorist training camp in Iraq.

Did anybody else hear this? And if this true, where is the footage?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: