SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

First Responders

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2007 9:04 pm    Post subject: First Responders Reply with quote

Allard National First Responder Appreciation Day Resolution Passes Senate

Washington, D.C. – The U.S. Senate unanimously passed S.R. 215 this week, a resolution sponsored by U.S. Sen. Wayne Allard (R-Colo.) that designates September 25th as National First Responder Day. The bi-partisan resolution was co-sponsored by 30 of Allard's Senate colleagues.

“First responders in Colorado and across the country regularly risk their lives to protect property, uphold the law and save the lives of others,” said Senator Allard. “I am proud that so many of my Senate colleagues have joined me in this effort to recognize our first responders by designating September 25th as National First Responder Appreciation Day to honor the contributions, sacrifices and dedication to public service made every day by first responders.”

The resolution passed the Senate June 21, 2007 and has received support from a variety of first responder organizations.

When tragedy strikes a community, first responders always answer the call,” said Ronald Graton, President of the Colorado State Fire Fighters’ Association. “Our hearts go out to the Charleston, S.C. community and the families of the firefighters who lost their lives this week serving their fellow citizens and we are always reminded that there is never enough we can do to thank the public servants who make the ultimate sacrifice in the line of duty. Having Senator Allard work to set aside a national day of recognition for first responders is something special. On behalf of the 157 fire departments and more than 4,500 firefighters in Colorado, and the thousands of firefighters and first responders across the nation, I’d like to express my gratitude and support for this important effort.”

“The service and sacrifice of America’s public safety professionals is too often taken for granted,” said Craig W. Floyd, Chairman and CEO of the National Law Enforcement Officers Memorial Fund. “Each year, hundreds of law enforcement officers, firefighters and other first responders are killed in the performance of duty, and many others are injured. We owe all of these men and women, and their families, a huge debt of gratitude. Senator Allard is to be commended for his leadership in giving our public safety professionals the support and appreciation that they need and deserve.”

“It’s gratifying to see the contributions of emergency medical services responders recognized in a National First Responder Appreciation Day,” said National Association of Emergency Medical Technicians President Jerry Johnston. “EMTs and paramedics everywhere are a vital part of the first response team but often overlooked for recognition. We applaud this effort and encourage the nation to take advantage of this opportunity to acknowledge the selfless work of all emergency medical services responders, regardless of the agency, organization or service they represent.”
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: