SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Clinton, Kerry demand Iraq contingency plan

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth
View previous topic :: View next topic  
LewWaters
Admin

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2007 7:04 am    Post subject: Clinton, Kerry demand Iraq contingency plan Reply with quote

Quote:
By Kara Oppenheim
July 20, 2007
Sens. Hillary Rodham Clinton (D-N.Y.) and John Kerry (D-Mass.) announced Friday that they will introduce legislation requiring the Pentagon to report to Congress on contingency planning for redeployment of troops to Iraq.

“From New Orleans to Baghdad, this administration has made ‘planning’ a dirty word and an alien concept, and the damage to the United States has been immeasurable,” Kerry said. “Now with American lives on the line in Iraq, the least we can do is force them to draw up contingency plans to redeploy American troops in Iraq.”

Read the rest at The Hill

And, what have the Senators and their party done to the words "Win," "Victory," "defeat the enemy" and such?

Maybe he wishes them to retreat before he wishes them to remain?

Along with this is another email received today from Kerry's camp,

Quote:
Fri, 20 Jul 2007 16:26:28 -0400
To: "Lew" <lewwaters@I’llnevertell.com>
Yahoo! DomainKeys has confirmed that this message was sent by johnkerry.cp20.com. Learn more
Subject: If it's broken, fix it

Hello Lew,

Bottom line - no sugarcoating it -- I'm not happy we couldn't break the GOP filibuster on Iraq. But I'm writing just to let you know that I can feel the progress we're making.

Here's what I take away from the week that's ending. First, you've got a whole lot of Senators who voiced opposition to the current disastrous course in Iraq, but couldn't bring themselves to admit that we needed an open debate on what the new course should be. They filibustered, throwing up a roadblock to any new course. (OK, that's deeply frustrating - but then again two years ago could you imagine the day when the President would have such intense criticism from his own right flank on Iraq? The dam is breaking.)

But most importantly, we're not going to let the roadblock stand. We, and I mean all of us who have been pressing and pressing on the war, have now made it clear in both parties that this Iraq policy is beyond broken. Last year, only 13 Senators voted for the Kerry-Feingold bill to set a deadline to redeploy; now it's the unified Democratic position. In May, Republicans were dismissing even tough questions about the escalation. Now, they're falling all over themselves to distance themselves from the President.

So we're making progress. But progress doesn't mean anything to the troops in the field. We need to get results. It's just plain wrong for some people to admit that the policy is broken, but then filibuster attempts to fix it. If the policy is broken, we owe it to all Americans to hold open debate and arrive at a solution.

We'll keep slugging until we'll get there.

Thanks,
John Kerry

P.S. - You and I know damn well what happens at moments like this: the Administration attacks their opponents ruthlessly. They smear, they lie. Yesterday they went after Sen. Clinton. I stepped up to defend her. Tomorrow who knows which Democrat they'll attack. Here's what I'm asking you: I don't care if you have a horse in 2008, or who you're supporting. Anytime you see a Democrat get attacked, please step up and defend them.

From what I keep reading, what is broken isn't the War or the Troops, it is the Senate,

Senate Votes to Make Vote Disappear From Record

How many U.S. troops will remain in Iraq?

Of particular note in the second article,

Quote:
The amendment’s co-sponsor, Armed Services Committee chairman Sen. Carl Levin, D-Mich., told reporters Tuesday that talk of specific numbers was a distraction.

“I’m not going to get into numbers — because it changes the subject from what the issue is,” Levin said. "The issue is whether we’re going to change course, whether we’re going to begin to reduce our troops….”

Me#1You#10
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2007 12:46 pm    Post subject: Re: Clinton, Kerry demand Iraq contingency plan Reply with quote

LewWaters wrote:
And, what have the Senators and their party done to the words "Win," "Victory," "defeat the enemy" and such?

I believe they're being waked in some dark corner of DNC headquarters. Visiting hours are limited and the family requests public expression of sedition and defeatism in lieu of flowers.

BTW, check out the video of Pete Hegseth (Vets For Freedom) as he takes on a rhetorical defeatism tag team (Chris Matthews and Ron Reagan). What an impressive young man.
LewWaters
Admin

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2007 3:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chris Matthews and Ron Reagan, what strong military strategists .... NOT!

All these leftists always crying about sacrifices in this war and just what sacrifice have any of them ever made to the country?

Our enemy is in this for however long it takes them to defeat America while many in our government leadership desire only to surrender.
Me#1You#10
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2007 4:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LewWaters wrote:
Our enemy is in this for however long it takes them to defeat America while many in our government leadership desire only to surrender.

Surrender? Don't you mean (cough) "change course" Rolling Eyes
Anker-Klanker
Admiral

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2007 11:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I dare you, double dog dare you, to get a definition of what "change of course" means from the Democrats. (It's just more of the meaningless rhetoric they use - and which nobody questions them on - to really mean "I'm opposed to George Bush, and anything he does.") It changes from day to day, and why not? - it's never defined so it can mean anything they want.

And, frankly, in my opinion, that's why the Republicans are losing this battle of words - which really is and should be the role of the press - to ask and clarify.
LewWaters
Admin

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2007 11:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Funny you say that, Anker. For some time the left has hammered at those of us who support the war by demanding we define 'Victory' and claiming we have no definition, when in reality, as you say, it is they who cannot even define their choice of "change of course." We all know it really means retreat, surrender, cut and run and accept defeat.

Like you say, though, they play with words and are never asked to define those words they use.

Look back at the email I posted from Kerry. It is no longer a "surge," or more truthfully, a "reinforcement," it has become to them an "escalation," trying desparately to recreate another embarrassing defeat for America as they did to us in Viet Nam.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: