SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

"...against all enemies, foreign and domestic"

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Me#1You#10
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2007 1:51 pm    Post subject: "...against all enemies, foreign and domestic" Reply with quote

There's an interesting and enlightening discussion underway in response to a Harper's magazine article decrying an alleged alliance between the Pentagon and the conservative "New Media". I stumbled into it by way of "Cassandra" writing in Villainous Company in which she sheds some daylight on the corruption of contemporary "journalism" as practiced by the leftist MSM and its progeny on the internet.

Even more interesting is a link to a commentary and subsequent dialogue by "Grim" at Blackfive in which he presents a remarkable treatise (partly a reprint of a colloquy with "The Commisar" at his blog) touching on many subjects of interest to this forum, not the least of which is the veritable treason being practiced by elements of the left in the guise of a constitutional defense.

Grim's commentary is so loaded that I won't even presume to try and paraphrase it myself save for, perhaps, an appetizer...

Quote:
But I notice that Mr. Silverstein's attack is only one prong of a two-pronged attack on the US military coming this week from left-wing journalists. The other wing is an attack on General Petraeus, whose thoughts on the effectiveness of the Surge must be discredited by the Left for explicitly political purposes. This was brought to my attention by The Commissar, who may be the most manful blogger writing today.

<snip>

This may also help you understand the particular vehemence I have for anti-patriots like Yglesias. For liberals who love the American project as much as I do, I have a deep and true respect. We disagree about many things, but I know that we are equally devoted to protecting and upholding the space in which our liberty flourishes. We are true countrymen, who will fight for each other.

It is only for anti-patriots that I have real disdain, for the ones who are actually opposed to the American project itself, or who feel it is sad for the world that there is an America. Even then, I have true disdain only for the ones like Yglesias, who have reached their antipatriotism on a road of privilege. They have had all the best, and do not say: “Thank you fathers, and brothers, for these special gifts of freedom and plenty; and now let us hold these gifts for our children.”

They say instead, “Hmph. It could have been better.”

One thing I take away from the discussion is that the Pentagon well recognizes the "domestic" enemy and, unlike Vietnam, they're damn well doing something about it.

It's about time.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: