SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

"Code Pink Loses the Streets of Berkeley"

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Me#1You#10
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2007 1:25 pm    Post subject: "Code Pink Loses the Streets of Berkeley" Reply with quote

Lew makes appropriate note of yesterday's pro-troop rally in Berkeley...

Quote:
Thursday, October 18, 2007
Code Pink Loses the Streets of Berkeley
To their surprise, Code Pink was outnumbered by Pro-Troop Patriots in Berkeley, California yesterday. Berkeley is long known for their anti-war, anti-Military and anti-American sentiment and actions.

No longer.

I wish I could have made it myself and admire all those that could and let Code Pinko know what real Patriotism is all about.

Catherine Moy of Move America Forward has supplied an excellent write-up and lots of photos and a couple videos of the days happenings. Pop over to Move America Forward and see that Code Pinko and other anti-war leftists no longer own the Streets of Berkley, California.

Well Done, each and every one who made it down there.

Right In A Left World

Give the show a listen this morning (perhaps even consider a call-in) as they discuss yesterday's rally...

8:00 AM - 12 Noon: "The KSFO Morning Show" - Lee Rodgers & Melanie Morgan
Talk Radio KSFO 560 - San Francisco, CA - SRG
Listen Live (Embedded Player) - other media formats here - Call In: (415)(510)(408)(707)-808-5600
Email: leerodgers@abc-sf.com melaniemorgan@abc-sf.com
Me#1You#10
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2007 10:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whoah...those video links at MAF are tremendous! Hats off to all and to their in-your-face advocacy.

I'd be remiss, however, in not at least highlighting the courage-under-fire, demeanor and passion of Sherry Perussina who's about the last person Code Pinkos will want to challenge in a test of will. The very end of the video is classic!

BERKELEY: Move America Forward Member Sherry Perussina Confronts Code Pink Protesters
Theresa Alwood
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2007 2:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow. Uplifting in light of everything we see and hear that is against our military.
GoophyDog
PO1

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2007 4:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What's the symbol on the flag she was waving? Originally I thought it was masking tape but it looks more like it was actually printed on the U.S. flag.
Me#1You#10
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2007 4:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks like a large yellow ribbon GD.
streetsweeper95B
PO2

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2007 5:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What a go getter she is, hola! I liked that, no different than in DC last month. Git right in their faces, lmao.
Navy_Navy_Navy
Admin

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2007 6:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, I just can't believe it! In BERKELEY! Shocked

I am on a slower-than-continental-drift connection, so I can't watch the video, but man, I loved those pictures! Got a little choked up, actually. I'm so grateful to the people who could show up and counter the pink stink!

Power to the people, indeed!

And judging by all the video crews in attendance, the newscasts must have been chock full of this historic confrontation in the heart of kookland, right?

Riiiiiiight. Wink
ocsparky101
PO1

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2007 10:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This happened a week ago and I haven't seen anything in the media. Same as in Washington in September all I heard is that there were anti war demonstrations. Nothing about the "Gathering of Eagles". Sure is a shame they are so dishonest with the American people.
Me#1You#10
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2007 1:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ocsparky101 wrote:
Sure is a shame they are so dishonest with the American people.

Dishonest is a gross understatement. Reading most major media accounts of "anti-war" v. "pro-victory" confrontations would lead one to believe it's simply pro-peace and politically benign "Ma and Pa Kettles" v. "pro-war enthusiasts."

They can't bring themselves to identify the self-admitted and radically anti-American ideology of the (cough) "pro-peace" activist vermin. That, of course, would be prejudicial and (shudder) judgemental...much more than any reader needs to know.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: