SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Navy SEAL to be awarded Medal of Honor

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BuffaloJack
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2007 1:16 am    Post subject: Navy SEAL to be awarded Medal of Honor Reply with quote

Quote:
Navy SEAL to be awarded Medal of Honor
WASHINGTON (NNS) -- The White House announced Oct. 11 that the family of U.S. Navy SEAL, Lt. Michael P. Murphy will be presented the U.S. Navy Medal of Honor, awarded posthumously, during a ceremony at the White House Oct. 22.

The Medal of Honor is the nation’s highest military award for valor in action against an enemy force which can be bestowed upon an individual serving in the Armed Services of the United States.

Murphy’s father, Daniel, will accept the award on behalf of his son. Murphy will receive the award for his extraordinary, selfless heroism and steadfast courage while leading a four-man, special reconnaissance mission deep behind enemy lines east of Asadabad in the Hindu Kush of Afghanistan June 27 to 28, 2005.
more...
http://www.navy.mil/search/display.asp?story_id=32528

Prayers to the family of this hero.

Hand Salute !!
Ready.
Two.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2007 2:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.uss-rangerguy.com/Ranger_Sounds/2_taps.wav

See you on the other side brother.
Snipe
Senior Chief Petty Officer

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2007 5:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Amen.
LewWaters
Admin

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2007 10:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mark Levin just made what I consider to be a very profound comment regarding this American Hero.

(Paraphrased) The country is lauding Al Gore for currently receiving the No Bel Prize for his appearance in a movie and his alarmism over "manmade" climate change, yet how many know of this American Hero and others like him?

Gore has never performed a heroic act in his life and our real American Heroes go ignored today.

We wouldn't be America without men like Lt. Michael P. Murphy, who have historically and willfully placed themselves between enemies and Americans, usually at the cost of their lives.

It isn't politicians of either party who deserve accolades for accomplishments; it is the Real American Heroes like Lt. Murphy and all the others like him.

Rest in Peace, Lieutenant, knowing you gave your all and deserve the best.
shawa
CNO

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2007 1:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Right on, Lew! I was listening to Mark Levin too.
He said OUR MILITARY are the ones who should receive the Peace Prize.
They do more to bring peace to captive people than anyone else.

He also interviewed Marcus Lutrell, author of "Lone Survivor" describing the tragic battle.
I am truly awed by the selfless courage of these heroes. I can only offer my prayers and gratitude to their families.
God Bless them all!
“I love the man that can smile in trouble, that can gather strength from distress, and grow brave by reflection. ‘Tis the business of little minds to shrink; but he whose heart is firm, and whose conscience approves his conduct, will pursue his principles unto death.” (Thomas Paine, 1776)
baldeagle
PO2

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2007 12:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
He was a member of the National Honor Society in Patchogue-Medford High School, a lifeguard and a solid athlete. He attended Pennsylvania State University, where he played hockey and graduated with two bachelor’s degrees, in political science and psychology.

His options after graduating in 1998 were wide open, and he was accepted into several law schools. He chose to join the military and train to become a Navy commando. He attended the Navy’s Officer Candidate School in Pensacola, Fla., and then completed the Seals’ harsh training program and became a member of the Seals in April 2002.

http://www.nytimes.com/2007/10/22/us/22medal.html?_r=1&oref=slogin

Another one who didn't "study hard" John Kerry?
"In a word, I want an American character, that the powers of Europe may be convinced we act for ourselves and not for others; this, in my judgment, is the only way to be respected abroad and happy at home." --George Washington
Deuce
Senior Chief Petty Officer

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2007 5:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lt. Murphy definitely was an American Hero with those selfless qualities found often in the military, that some of us witnessed, some of us heard about, and some of us can only aspire to. Fortunately, it seems our Iraqi benefactors of those qualities DO often hear of them, and witness them. Not to take away from Lt. Murphy, but my sister sent this one to me today:

http://www.af.mil/news/story.asp?storyID=123031670&page=2

just another selfless hero...
God Bless them both!
Deuce
GenrXr
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2007 6:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LewWaters wrote:
Mark Levin just made what I consider to be a very profound comment regarding this American Hero.

(Paraphrased) The country is lauding Al Gore for currently receiving the No Bel Prize for his appearance in a movie and his alarmism over "manmade" climate change, yet how many know of this American Hero and others like him?

Gore has never performed a heroic act in his life and our real American Heroes go ignored today.

We wouldn't be America without men like Lt. Michael P. Murphy, who have historically and willfully placed themselves between enemies and Americans, usually at the cost of their lives.

It isn't politicians of either party who deserve accolades for accomplishments; it is the Real American Heroes like Lt. Murphy and all the others like him.

Rest in Peace, Lieutenant, knowing you gave your all and deserve the best.

I need to remember this. Very nice.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: