SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Resurrection of Imus: Returns on Nation's Top Talk Station

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Me#1You#10
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2007 6:08 pm    Post subject: Resurrection of Imus: Returns on Nation's Top Talk Station Reply with quote

While I've had no use for Imus for many years, I can't help but wonder how his politics might have been affected as a result of the drubbing he took at the hands of the PC crowd.

Of one thing I'm relatively certain, this can't be good news for Hillary (as noted in Drudge's scoop). I don't know if you're familiar with the Imus brand of political skewering, but Bernard McGuirk (my bet for the unattributed quote below) will have a comedic field day with her.

I'll sure be listening (at least for awhile)...

Quote:
The Resurrection of Imus: Returns on Nation's Top Talk Station

<snip>

But who will his GUESTS be?

Will senators come on? Presidential candidates? Tim Russert? Anna Quindlen? Who's the guest now? WILL THE ELITES TURN THEIR BACK ON HIM?

MORE

The stunning comeback is a defeat for those who protested and picketed Imus earlier this year.

Imus is said to be particularly incensed by Senator Hillary Clinton's "shameless exploitation" of the Rutgers situation.

The senator, who Imus has called "satan" and the "devil", traveled to Rutgers in April to praise the women's basketball team for its response to the controversy. In a campaign email, Hillary called Imus's comments "small-minded bigotry and coarse sexism."

"Hillary, prepare to meet your maker!" a source close to the host joked early Monday.

Drudge
shawa
CNO

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2007 7:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love it! This could be Hillary's worst nightmare.
I really believe Imus was targetted because he was such a thorn in her side.
She wanted him gone and sicced her Media Matters watchdog on him.
His fateful "nappy" remark was made at 6 a.m. and probably wouldn't have garnered much attention but for the fact that Hillary's watchdog was monitoring the show.
Could be payback time for Imus. Hope he slams her bigtime every day.
He reaches a different audience than our conservative talk shows, and could convince a lot of people that she doesn't deserve their vote.
I was never much of an Imus fan but I will be listening now!
“I love the man that can smile in trouble, that can gather strength from distress, and grow brave by reflection. ‘Tis the business of little minds to shrink; but he whose heart is firm, and whose conscience approves his conduct, will pursue his principles unto death.” (Thomas Paine, 1776)
GenrXr
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2007 1:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Imus has a score to settle. It will be interesting to see how this plays out. His eyes had to have been opened to the insanity of the Left after his fall.
Leeman
PO3

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2007 5:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wonder if our buddy Commie Johnny will show up on Imus.

He was a frequent visitor and even promise to sign the 180 on IMUS show, way back when.[/b]

"We are all Ghost now"
"But once we were men"

from an unsigned diary recovered from Cabanatuan Camp
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: