SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Dr. Jerry Corsi: "Why I am not a Republican"

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Me#1You#10
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2007 5:38 pm    Post subject: Dr. Jerry Corsi: "Why I am not a Republican" Reply with quote

Apparently Dr. Corsi suffered a considerable case of rhetorical indigestion at the table of Jed Babbin, Human Events editor, during a recent conservative gathering in St. Louis.

In this well-written and absorbing commentary, Jerry unloads on all things contemporarily Republican and, quite frankly, leaves me with a bad taste in my own mouth with the status quo of the current GOP.

It's a long one (read it all), but I don't think you'll even notice that till you're done...

Quote:
Why I am not a Republican
Jerry Corsi
World Net Daily
September 25, 2007

In a heated conversation at the Friday banquet of Phyllis Schalfly's Eagle Council meeting in St. Louis last week, Jed Babbin, editor of Human Events, repeated accusations that I am a "black helicopter Internet conspiracy theorist" for arguing that the Bush administration is pursing the North American Union and NAFTA Superhighways through the Security and Prosperity Partnership of North America, or SPP.

In response, I observed that Babbin has taken Human Events in the direction of becoming an apologist for the Republican Party, not a critical forum for conservative debate.

<snip>

As WND reported over the weekend, my speech last Friday at the St. Louis Eagle Council meeting centered on "The Late Great USA" and my argument that President Bush's determination to press a North American integration agenda against the will of the American people could cost the Republican Party the 2008 presidential election and the loss of two-thirds of the seats in the Senate and the House of Representatives.

In that speech, I reminded the Eagle Council audience that Karl Rove was the architect of the 2006 Republican Party electoral debacle as well as the 2004 presidential win.

I cautioned that if President Bush does not quit talking about Mexican guest workers, Mexican trucks and illegal-alien paths to citizenship, the 2006 mid-term election might be just a prelude to the electoral disaster the Republican Party will face in 2008.

<snip>

I also tried to explain to Babbin my view that right now, the Republican Party is controlled by what used to be called the "Rockefeller Wing."

Like David Rockefeller himself, the Rockefeller Wing involves millionaires and billionaires who run multi-national corporations.

Rockefeller Wing Republicans are already beyond borders in their determination to advance their multinational corporations for unbridled profit, whether on not U.S. sovereignty and the middle class are destroyed in the process.

<snip>

We now have 10 percent of Mexico's population living in the United States as Mexican nationals. As a result, we have already become a dual country, whether we like it or not, and I don't remember that anybody was ever given the chance to vote on it.

So, when President Bush signed in October 2006 a law requiring that a fence be built on our border with Mexico, was the point only to achieve a public relations edge before the November voting?

Why does Rep. Duncan Hunter, R-Calif., have to write President Bush reminding him that we have so far built fewer than 20 miles of that fence and are behind the congressionally mandated schedule specified in the legislation?

We voted to secure our borders, and look where that got us – nowhere.

World Net Daily - cont'd
GenrXr
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2007 8:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Corsi is right and I get the same charges leveled at me when questioning whether Bush is a closet leftist. The apple hasn't fallen far from the tree, has been my thought on many occasion.

I like how Bush has fought the Islamist radical threat, yet anyone in the white house would have fought this enemy the same way. This enemy is after Leftists and Conservatives.

Fighting the war on terror is not in my book proof of Bush Conservative principles. Nor are the judges he elected up to this point.

More than anything the Harriet Miers debacle showed the world jsut what an elitist Rockefeller Republican Bush really is.
GoophyDog
PO1

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2007 1:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll probably take some heat on this one but what the heck.

Whatever happened to "centrists" ? It seems in at least the last 4 election cycles we have found ourselves having to become more and more extreme on either side in order to "fit in". You can be of either party affiliation and by golly if you are in opposition you are a going to be branded a "left wing nut" or a "right wing nut" (I'm being charitable, much harsher labels seem to be the norm).

This sort of extremism is raising its ugly head in almost every issue and as a result, nothing is being accomplished other than the standard fall back position of "My plan is better cause you're a (fill in blank) wing nut". Perhaps if we could avoid the standard fall back and actually meld the opposing views into a workable solution we not only could accomplish something, we could avoid being out there on only one wing or the other.

If not, just like a one oar boat we'll just continue to go in circles.
streetsweeper95B
PO2

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2007 1:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Roger that GenrXr! I've been doing "Pro troop Support" rally over here at a major intersection. Quite a few people have tried giving me grief about Bush, telling me that I'm a Bush supporting SOB, ect. I simply smile, tell them thats why we have elections every four yrs & that my only purpose is to bolster pride in & get the public to show more support for our troops nothing more, nothing less.

After hearing me tell them that, people cant deal with it & I like it, lol.
greasepaint
Seaman

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2007 2:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

(Deleted by admin/me#1)

Admin note: While this forum is prepared to entertain reasonable and thoughtful criticisms of the current administration and of the GOP in general, drive-by incendiary one liners such as yours are inappropriate and unwelcome here.

Perhaps you'd care to try again with considerably more thought and considerably less BDS snark.
Anker-Klanker
Admiral

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2007 10:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Whatever happened to "centrists" ?

Good question, GoophyDog! I used to think I was a Conservative, but after some of the antics I've seen in the last two years from so-called conservatives, I guess I'm now just a right-leaning Independent.

In the last two elections - the only two polls that count and that are credible - the American electorate was essentially split right down the middle. Departure of one support group or another - on either side - would be enough to tilt the balance. So instead of playing to the middle, both parties have had "radical" elements emerge that completely alienate anyone in the middle, or who is a moderate on the issues. Instead of trying to attact voters, the new dynamic seems to be who can repel the most voters. And that's a losing strategy if I ever saw one.

The consequences? A slow, steady drift leftward - because a centrist Republican is going to be slammed by his own "conservatives," and someone representing the hard right hasn't a snowball's chance in H of winning the General Election.

Or said another way, to me at least, this is a perfect example of "Cutting off your nose to spite your face"...
Theresa Alwood
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2007 3:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well one would have to counter the argument that the only reason that Bill Clinton won his first presidental election was due to people like me; who voted for Ross Perot! I learned my lesson the hard way. While President Bush was NOT my first choice; he was the ONLY choice. Gore or Kerry was NOT who I wanted in office and while I am against illegal immigration I won't leave the party again and I will vote for whomever is nominated...be either Romney or Guiliani, while I am still undecided as to whom I will vote for in the republican primary...I will NOT stay home and allow Hiliary to get the nomination because I was either a "one issue" voter or was "mad" at the GOP. It may not be the best party, but maybe it is time for us to quit the whining and get active to make sure the person you want elected has a chance. But staying home and not voting is basically giving the democratic nomination two votes; one for the vote someone did vote for her and the other because you elected to stay home.

While I would love to see a better choices; we just need to keep the base solid and keep the pressure on. We could do it if people took the time to e-mail; write; call and whatever it takes and NOT give up or give in. I will be damned if I will give up my right to vote and my right to voice my opinion.

I do tend to wonder where have all the good people gone? We just know they are NOT in Congress. As a whole the American people can make a difference if we work together to make the change.

So it is up to you to get active; make the choice to do more than whine and complain.
LewWaters
Admin

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2007 7:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Theresa, look at the long shots.

I just got more involved with the Duncan Hunter campaign here locally and discussing with the State coordinator and since there appears to bean opening, he is going to try to have me as a Precinct Committee Officer in my Precinct.

The way I see it is that if whom I want doesn’t get it, I can still get behind whoever does, even if I have to hold my nose when voting, again. Anyone has to be better than who the opposition is offering.

Check them all out real close and support who best represents your values.
shawa
CNO

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2007 7:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well said, Goophy Dog, Theresa, and Anker-Klanker!!
While I hold deeply conservative values I have just about had it with with the volatile over-the-top nattering from those who are fracturing the Party.

As to Corsi's gripe:
Quote:
So, when President Bush signed in October 2006 a law requiring that a fence be built on our border with Mexico, was the point only to achieve a public relations edge before the November voting?

Why does Rep. Duncan Hunter, R-Calif., have to write President Bush reminding him that we have so far built fewer than 20 miles of that fence and are behind the congressionally mandated schedule specified in the legislation?

The congressionally mandated schedule? Bush is not holding up the fence building.
It is the Democrat Congress that refuses to release the appropriations to build the physical fence.
Homeland Security has provided funding from its budget for Boeing's high-tech "virtual fence" which is proceeding on schedule.
Quote:
A separate law funding Homeland Security Department spending provided $1.2 billion for the fencing.

But that law also withholds $950 million of the sum until the House and Senate appropriations committees approve the department's plan for spending the money, giving those committees say over the design, location and length of the fence.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,244264,00.html

If Corsi has issues with the lack of fencing, take it up with the Dem Congress who took office in January and have done nothing but play "get Bush" investigation games for the past nine months. Their BDS and anti-war mania is pathetic.
“I love the man that can smile in trouble, that can gather strength from distress, and grow brave by reflection. ‘Tis the business of little minds to shrink; but he whose heart is firm, and whose conscience approves his conduct, will pursue his principles unto death.” (Thomas Paine, 1776)
Theresa Alwood
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2007 8:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I do believe that a grass roots effort can be done if the people of the base are willing...too often we complain about our choices. It may be a long shot, but I do remember how the conservatives shut down the capital phone lines by all of the phone calls....If more of us got off our behinds and took action maybe the candiadate of your choice has a chance.

I really get mad as hell when I hear people complain about their choices but did little to have other learn about who is out there. I would take ANYONE over Senator Clinton ANY day. To sit at home...that is NOT an option that anyone should say, consider or even do. To vote IS OUR right.

What upset me the most is the "girly men" that is running the GOP. They refuse to come out and fight and do what is right be their conservative base. It is time to get more men and women who stand by their base and their ideals than appeasing the democrats.

Appeasing the enemies rather it be al-qaeda or democrats Laughing (does any know the difference between the two?) is someone I can not support. I want an all out win in both Iraq and the white house.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: