SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

"Republicans Object To Stark Comments On War"

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
shawa
CNO

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2007 8:39 pm    Post subject: "Republicans Object To Stark Comments On War" Reply with quote

I heard Rep. Pete Stark outrageous remarks on the floor of the house today. Haven't found a transcript yet but CBS allows us a snippet.

CBS News

Quote:
Republicans Object To Stark Comments On War
By Josephine Hearn
Oct 18, 2007
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(The Politico) House Republicans objected today to comments made by outspoken liberal Democratic Rep. Pete Stark of California on the Iraq war during debate on the override of President Bush's veto of the children's health program.

Speaking on the House floor, Stark said, "Under the Republican plan, by
2017, we probably will have killed 20,000 soldiers in Iraq, spending
$200 billion."

Rep. Joe Barton (R-Texas) rose to protest the remark and asked that Stark's words be taken down, a formal procedure to punish a member of Congress for breaching the House's standards of decorum.

The chair later ruled that Stark's comment did not refer to any specific House member and thus were appropriate.

Earlier in the SCHIP debate, Stark had made other spirited remarks.

“You don't have money to fund the war or children,'' he said. "But you're going to spend it to blow up innocent people if we can get enough kids to grow old enough for you to send to Iraq to get their heads blown off for the president's amusement."

Responding promptly and harshly to Stark, the National Republican Congressional Committee declared he had "trampled on the sacrifice of our troops."

His name is appropriate, he really sounded STARK-RAVING NUTS.
The Dems can't stand the fact we will win in Iraq and they are totally losing touch with reality.

Admin note: Topic Amended. With apologies to shawa and to correct what appears to be a growing trend here, please do not use the "Topic" to editorialize when presenting sourced material that has been "titled" by its author. Save your "comments" for the main body of your post. Thanks/me#1
“I love the man that can smile in trouble, that can gather strength from distress, and grow brave by reflection. ‘Tis the business of little minds to shrink; but he whose heart is firm, and whose conscience approves his conduct, will pursue his principles unto death.” (Thomas Paine, 1776)
jmckay8497
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2007 8:49 pm    Post subject: My Email to Stark Reply with quote

You Sir are a ******* of the lowest stripe. I find it hard to beleieve that you actually are a congressman. Your stsement deserves nothing but contempt. You should be removed from Congress, your pesnion taken away, your medical benefits taken away, and your salary as a Congressman for the years you have served taken from you.

Your remarks are despicable and beyond contempt. I find you loathsome,

A apology to the whole country for your remarks needs to be immediately written. I also think you and Bush should go in a closed room, you say your comments and then defend yourself. That is what a honorable person would do.

I hold you in utmost contempt and who ever your opponenet will be in the next election, I am sending money to him/her. Their is no room for pukes like you representing America.

I am a honorably discharged Viet Nam Veteran who has a purple heart and unfortunately some of the blood I spilt was for people like you.

I will make it easy to find me if you have the guts to say those words directly to my face, You Coward

Jim McKay
Address Info
GenrXr
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2007 12:58 pm    Post subject: Re: My Email to Stark Reply with quote

jmckay8497 wrote:
You Sir are a ******* of the lowest stripe. I find it hard to beleieve that you actually are a congressman. Your stsement deserves nothing but contempt. You should be removed from Congress, your pesnion taken away, your medical benefits taken away, and your salary as a Congressman for the years you have served taken from you.

Your remarks are despicable and beyond contempt. I find you loathsome,

A apology to the whole country for your remarks needs to be immediately written. I also think you and Bush should go in a closed room, you say your comments and then defend yourself. That is what a honorable person would do.

I hold you in utmost contempt and who ever your opponenet will be in the next election, I am sending money to him/her. Their is no room for pukes like you representing America.

I am a honorably discharged Viet Nam Veteran who has a purple heart and unfortunately some of the blood I spilt was for people like you.

I will make it easy to find me if you have the guts to say those words directly to my face, You Coward

Jim McKay
Address Info

I have thought on many occasion that dueling would make us a more civilized society. It would eliminate most of the perpetual jeveniles from public discourse. Well their insane comments at least.
LewWaters
Admin

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2007 1:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What a difference a couple years and House Leadership makes.

Freshman Republican Weathers Backlash

Quote:
Schmidt said in her brief speech: "A few minutes ago, I received a call from Colonel Danny Bubp. He asked me to send Congress a message: Stay the course. He also asked me to send Congressman Murtha a message: that cowards cut and run, Marines never do."

The chamber exploded in boos and catcalls from Democrats, and within minutes Schmidt had withdrawn her words and sent a note of apology to Murtha. But waters were still roiling when she went home Saturday to start a two-week congressional recess.

Me#1You#10
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2007 3:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A reminder to all to please temper your rhetoric before posting.

Thanks/me#1
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: