SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Rush Auctions Reid's Letter On Ebay
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
shawa
CNO

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2007 9:17 pm    Post subject: Rush Auctions Reid's Letter On Ebay Reply with quote

Winning bid will be donated to the Marine Corps & Law Enforcement Foundation, an education fund
for children of fallen Marines and law enforcement officers.

Rush Letter For Charity

On his show today, Rush also challenged the 41 senators who signed the letter to open
their own pockets and match the winning bid.
“I love the man that can smile in trouble, that can gather strength from distress, and grow brave by reflection. ‘Tis the business of little minds to shrink; but he whose heart is firm, and whose conscience approves his conduct, will pursue his principles unto death.” (Thomas Paine, 1776)
dusty
Admiral

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2007 10:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What a great way to say, "Take this and stick it where the sun don't shine".

Way to go Rush, a stroke of genius.

Dusty
LewWaters
Admin

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2007 6:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The bids are steadily growing, over $15K as of this comment.

Once it sells, I'll be curious to see if any of the signers match any portion of the bid to donate to the Marine Corps & Law Enforcement Foundation.

With this move, Rush really put it back to them.
Navy wife
Research Director

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2007 1:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The bidding is now up to $44,100.00!!! I sure appreciate Shawa's alerting us to this auction.
ocsparky101
PO1

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2007 7:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Over $45,000 and 3 days to go. I am writing to Carl Levin and urge him to put his money where his big mouth is. Am pretty sure though he will do as all democrats do and take no action to support the troops.
GenrXr
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2007 1:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brilliant idea. Wish I could afford to bid on this. It is a significant document and the proceeds go to a great foundation.

Just broke 50k and 3 days 3 hours left
shawa
CNO

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2007 11:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yesterday, James Kallstrom of the Marine Corps-Law Enforcement Foundation called the show to let the public know of Rush's tremendous support of our military:
Quote:
KALLSTROM: Nice being with you, Rush. I have to call you because I want the listening public to know that the Marine Corps-Law Enforcement Foundation, which you've been such a tremendous supporter of over the years, Rush, you've been our biggest donor by far. I mean, ladies and gentlemen, this man has given millions and millions of his own dollars to the foundation, plus he's asked the loyal listeners, and they've donated millions and millions of dollars. Rush, every time you talk about the foundation, we get letters with ten dollar bills, with fifty cents, with hundred-dollar bills, you know, from thousands and thousands of your listeners. Now, we're not a political organization. We come from all different stripes. Most of us were in Vietnam. Some were in Korea. We didn't particularly enjoy coming back to the United States when we came back. There wasn't much of a welcoming committee, so we feel it's absolutely critical to take care of the troops, take care of these heroes that are fighting this war.

Whatever the politicians think of it, they're over there supporting the United States, our freedom, our democracy, and to date we've given in excess of 2,700 scholarships to these young children who have lost a parent. And, Rush, you've financed probably 40% of those. I mean, you've done more for the military than anyone I know of, and I've been involved in military circles for a long, long time. So to call you anything but the true patriot, the true supporter of the military that you are, is just absolutely wrong. I mean, there's no one who has done more for these children, these families, these daughters, you know, these wives.

You've helped fund tremendous work with plastic surgery and reconstructive dentistry to help the severely wounded. You've helped fund visits so the families can go to Walter Reed, can go to Bethesda, go to Brooke. DOD will pay for one trip for the immediate family, but some of these poor guys are in there for months, and months, and months. You've helped fund that. So, Rush, I don't know of anybody else in this great country who's done more for our military and for our law enforcement family than you have. So I just wanted your listening public to know that, and they all should give you a round of thanks, which I know they will, for all the work you've done.

RUSH: Well, Jim, I appreciate that. I'm almost speechless, which hardly ever happens. But when you say all that, you're leaving out somebody who was really crucial at MC-LEF, and that was Zack Fisher. He recently passed away. Now, there was a great man, too.

KALLSTROM: Right. We have tremendous -- if listeners want to go to our website, MC-LEF.org, they can see who's on the board. They're from all walks of life. I think the only thing we share in common is that we're patriots and we want to do the right thing for the United States. We don't get involved in politics. We have supporters on both sides of the aisle. But we just can't stand by and let, you know, our principal supporter, our major supporter -- we have many, and you're the major one -- we can't have such horrible things being said that basically are just a lie. We can't stand by and not respond to that.

RUSH: Well, I appreciate that, more than I can ever express. It's been a sheer joy and a pleasure to be able to help and be involved.

“I love the man that can smile in trouble, that can gather strength from distress, and grow brave by reflection. ‘Tis the business of little minds to shrink; but he whose heart is firm, and whose conscience approves his conduct, will pursue his principles unto death.” (Thomas Paine, 1776)
GenrXr

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2007 1:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow its above 116k with 1 day 15 hours to go.
GenrXr

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2007 9:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

$851,100.00 and 19 hours 20mins to go!

Rush said he is going to match it so this is going to end up being a massive donation to the foundation.
dusty
Admiral

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2007 10:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Harry Reid is such a big supporter of the troops and is so worried about them, so how come he hasn't volunteered to match it too?
Maybe Rush could ask him on the air to step up to the plate. Put his money where his mouth is.
I'd like to hear him to do that.
shawa
CNO

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2007 12:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Amazing bids!!
Has anyone seen any stories in the LSM on this auction.
Google search=Zip,Zero, Nada.
Other than FOX and some blogs, I haven't seen anything.
It certainly is newsworthy but I guess the LSM boycotts Rush unless it is negative.
LewWaters
Admin

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2007 1:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I haven't heard anything anywhere either, not surprising.

I sent a message to Patty Murray, one of the Senators who signed it and who allegedly represents me, encouraging her to accept Rush's challenge of matching the winning bid.

Not too surprising that I haven't heard anything back from her, either. Laughing Wink
LewWaters
Admin

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2007 5:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This getting very interesting. It just broke $2,000,000.00 Shocked Shocked Shocked

11 hours to go, I can't make any prediction as to final bid. Confused
GenrXr

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2007 12:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LewWaters wrote:
I haven't heard anything anywhere either, not surprising.

I sent a message to Patty Murray, one of the Senators who signed it and who allegedly represents me, encouraging her to accept Rush's challenge of matching the winning bid.

Not too surprising that I haven't heard anything back from her, either. Laughing Wink

Nice move Lew. Wink

Most interesting is how dumb the strategy to attack Rush Limbaugh’s support of the military was politically. To attack your enemy at one of his strongest fortified positions. These politicians’ strategists must be shaking their heads.

It is more admirable to give to charity silently, yet Rush in one single blow not only gets to say how much he is about to give to Charity by matching the EBay bid, this auction provides cover for others to come onto his show and talk about all the millions he’s given in the past, surgeries for kids he’s paid for and the room and board for families while their spouses recover from war injuries he has paid for in the past. Among private citizens, Rush Limbaugh is arguably one of the militaries biggest supporters and he has a 20 year record to support this.

It is not that Rush wants to toot his horn, rather he has taken an attack upon his strong fortifications and delivered a massive counter attack, which is quite frankly wiping the floor with these politicians foolish enough to sign that letter.

His point of it being an attack upon a private citizen is true and on target. Historic stuff.
LewWaters
Admin

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2007 5:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SOLD!!!

For $2,100,100.00

Expected last second bidding did not happen. Still, that is a nice tidy sum to be donated to a very worthy cause.

Still waiting to hear if any of the signers will make any attempt at matching the winning bid.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: