SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

John O'Neill and his being recorded in the Nixon Tapes

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Harvuskong
Seaman

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2007 5:51 am    Post subject: John O'Neill and his being recorded in the Nixon Tapes Reply with quote

John O'Neill and his being recorded in the Nixon white House Tapes.

I think that I remember reading here on this site, the story about John O'Neill and his visit to the Nixon White House as part of the battle against John Kerry in 1970s.

The story is very interesting and I can not find it at the moment. John does tell about his statment to Nixon about Vietnamanization of the war

I have tried the search engine here with various keywords and phrases and seem to get well over 100 pages of results.

Does anyone here remember the story and what the title of the post and its location???

I can not seem to fiqure out the proper keywords that will get the amount of pages down to 10 or less.

HELP!!
LewWaters
Admin

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2007 6:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Found these two about the claim of Cambodia to Nixon. Not sure if that's what you're looking for.

http://www.swiftvets.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=5267&highlight=nixon

http://www.swiftvets.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=5026&highlight=nixon
Harvuskong
Seaman

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2007 3:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That is getting very close, Lew. And the links are very helpful.

As I remember it at the moment, where ever it was that I read it, John was talking about his meeting with Nixon and the immediate lack of response when he said something about his voting for Humphrey, but that he supported Nixon's Vietimization of the war. He may have also included his father's supporting Humphrey as well.

I think that he also said that he was told that somewhere among the Nixons tapes was the meeting with Nixon and that he is heard saying that he voted for Humphrey.

And I thought that it was on this Swiftvet's discussion group that I read about it. Perhaps it is on one of the other webpage of the main Swiftvets website.

Thanks for the information and the help, Lew.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: