SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Kerry Takes Oilman Pickens Up On $1 Million
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth
View previous topic :: View next topic  
shawa
CNO

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2007 9:15 pm    Post subject: Kerry Takes Oilman Pickens Up On $1 Million Reply with quote

Friday, November 16, 2007
Kerry takes oilman Pickens up on $1 million Swift Boat challenge
By GLEN JOHNSON
AP Political Writer

BOSTON— Sen. John Kerry, whose 2004 presidential campaign was torpedoed by critics of his Vietnam War record, said Friday he has personally accepted Texas oilman T. Boone Pickens' offer of $1 million to anyone who can disprove even a single charge of the Swift Boat Veterans for Truth.

Cont'd at http://www.telegram.com/article/20071116/APN/711160829
“I love the man that can smile in trouble, that can gather strength from distress, and grow brave by reflection. ‘Tis the business of little minds to shrink; but he whose heart is firm, and whose conscience approves his conduct, will pursue his principles unto death.” (Thomas Paine, 1776)
BuffaloJack
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2007 10:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Who is going to be the judge?
It certainly can't be anyone from Lurch's camp.
PC
PO3

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2007 10:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's the most irritating statement from that Telegram article:

While fellow veterans and reporters disproved many of the group's claims at the time, Kerry refused to air ads responding the criticism, and even his own response was muted for fear of legitimizing his critics' attacks.

So typical. The myth that the allegations of the Swiftvets have been debunked just keeps living on. Glen Johnson, the writer of the article, joins the long list of those in the MSM willing to carry Kerry's water by lying about the facts. I would be surprised if Mr Johnson didn't know the difference between disproving and/or debunking and just opposing opinions, which is all that took place.

Additionally, Mr Johnson expects the reader to believe that Kerry didn't aggressively respond to the allegations because he didn't want to legitimize the Swifties. The idiot lost the election because enough voters knew the Swiftboat claims were just that...legitimate.

And of course Mr Johnson works "swift-boated" into the article, although I see no need for the hyphenation.
DanVCC
Ensign

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2007 12:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

All Kerry has to do is sign an SF 180 and let the ball roll from there.
dusty
Admiral

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2007 1:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We all know from the research Navy Chief and others in this group did on the after action reports that Kerry will attempt to use those records as his proof.
If accepted on the surface of them he might make a case.
He must think there is no one who can dissect those reports and show the truth that lies behind them. Boy is he wrong.
I sure look forward to watching this unfold but I think we also know he is just blowing smoke and there is no way he will carry through on his words.
He can not afford for the real truth to come out.

Dusty
LewWaters
Admin

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2007 1:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

He's already signed three, to friendly reporters ....... only!

He should release his entire Military Records to the public, as he demanded others do and whch they did.

If he signs another, we must ensure it for a total and full release to the public, not just to friends of his.
Harvuskong
Seaman

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2007 1:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LewWaters wrote:
Quote:

He's already signed three, to friendly reporters ....... only!

He should release his entire Military Records to the public, as he demanded others do and whch they did.

If he signs another, we must ensure it for a total nad full release to the public, not just to friends of his.

Great idea, Lew, but how do you ensure a total and full release to the public??

Man, this could be a real challenge to get it done!!
Me#1You#10
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2007 2:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have yet to read an exact quote of the comments made by Mr. Pickens. All I've seen are paraphrases already noted here.

I think it's appropriate to reserve comment until the nature of the challenge is specifically understood. You can be confident that Kerry will use any perceived rhetorical opening in an attempt to minimally comply with the stated terms as he spins it with the full backing of the MSM.

My guess is that speculation (at this point) that Kerry might somehow be compelled to unconditionally release his records to the public is widely off the mark.

As to this...

Quote:
I would be more than happy to travel to Dallas to meet with you in a mutually agreed upon public forum, or would invite you to join me in Massachusetts for a public dialogue...

Sorry John Fraud, but I daresay Mr. Pickens will be choosing the terrain. The public spectacle which you so "generously" offer to participate in is hardly the forum for a DETAILED examination of your proffered "winning entry."

You have newsmedia minions aplenty Kerry....publish it and let the games begin.

Update: According to an apparently updated Glen Johnson AP story, Mr. Pickens isn't about to let Kerry define the terms or set the agenda...

Quote:
Pickens wrote Friday in a letter faxed to Kerry, "I am certainly open to your challenge," but he said he would not pay Kerry unless the senator first provided him with copies of his wartime journals, as well as movies he shot while on patrol and his complete military records for 1971 to 1978.

Pickens said such documentation, which the group has previously sought, would be needed to disprove its ads.

"When you have done so, if you can then prove anything in the ads was materially untrue, I will gladly award $1 million. As you know, I have been a long and proud supporter of the American military and veterans' causes," Pickens wrote.

He also proposed a counter-challenge: "If you cannot prove anything in the Swift Boat ads to be untrue, that you will make a $1 million gift to the charity I am choosing -- the (Congressional) Medal of Honor Foundation."

Boston Globe
kate
Admin

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2007 4:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

prnwswire> search>Pickens

Pickens full letter- short & sweet (most comments covered in the articles)

DALLAS, Nov. 16 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- The following is a copy of a letter mailed by T. Boone Pickens in response to a letter from U.S. Senator John Kerry regarding the Senator's military record and ads in the 2004 presidential election by the Swift Boat Veterans for Truth.

Quote:
U.S. Senator John Kerry
304 Russell Building
Third Floor
Washington DC 20510

Dear Senator Kerry:

So glad to hear from you regarding the Swift Boat Veterans for Truth political ad campaign, and an offer I made public at an American Spectator dinner in Washington, D.C. last week. I am ontrigued by your letter, and am certainly open to your challenge.

My concern at the Spectator Dinner was, and continues to be, that you and other political figures were and are maligning the Swift Boat Veterans, and I want to prevent this important part of American history from being unfairly portrayed.

In order to disprove the accuracy of the Swift Boat ads, I will ultimately need you to provide the following:

1) The journal you maintained during your service in Vietnam.

2) Your military record, specifically your service records for the years 1971-1978, and copies of all movies and tapes made during your service.

When you have done so, if you can then prove anything in the ads was materially untrue, I will gladly award $1 million. As you know, I have been a long and proud supporter of the American military and veterans' causes. I now challenge you to make this commitment: If you cannot prove anything in the Swift Boat ads to be untrue, that you will make a $1 million gift to the charity I am choosing -- the Medal of Honor Foundation.

Sincerely,
T. Boone Pickens

SOURCE T. Boone Pickens

emphasis added
mtboone
Founder

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2007 5:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Me#1You#10 wrote:
I have yet to read an exact quote of the comments made by Mr. Pickens. All I've seen are paraphrases already noted here.

I think it's appropriate to reserve comment until the nature of the challenge is specifically understood. You can be confident that Kerry will use any perceived rhetorical opening in an attempt to minimally comply with the stated terms as he spins it with the full backing of the MSM.

My guess is that speculation (at this point) that Kerry might somehow be compelled to unconditionally release his records to the public is widely off the mark.

As to this...

Quote:
I would be more than happy to travel to Dallas to meet with you in a mutually agreed upon public forum, or would invite you to join me in Massachusetts for a public dialogue...

Sorry John Fraud, but I daresay Mr. Pickens will be choosing the terrain. The public spectacle which you so "generously" offer to participate in is hardly the forum for a DETAILED examination of your proffered "winning entry."

You have newsmedia minions aplenty Kerry....publish it and let the games begin.

Update: According to an apparently updated Glen Johnson AP story, Mr. Pickens isn't about to let Kerry define the terms or set the agenda...

Quote:
Pickens wrote Friday in a letter faxed to Kerry, "I am certainly open to your challenge," but he said he would not pay Kerry unless the senator first provided him with copies of his wartime journals, as well as movies he shot while on patrol and his complete military records for 1971 to 1978.

Pickens said such documentation, which the group has previously sought, would be needed to disprove its ads.

"When you have done so, if you can then prove anything in the ads was materially untrue, I will gladly award $1 million. As you know, I have been a long and proud supporter of the American military and veterans' causes," Pickens wrote.

He also proposed a counter-challenge: "If you cannot prove anything in the Swift Boat ads to be untrue, that you will make a $1 million gift to the charity I am choosing -- the (Congressional) Medal of Honor Foundation."

Boston Globe

Please make note of the time span T. Boone is looking for. There is more afoot than meets the eye. But I am sometimes not able to have my post get on for political reasons or some othe wimp ass reason. Now, with maybe my last post that gets posted, I bid you all farewell. Sign me off moderators please.
kate
Admin

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2007 5:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mtboone wrote:

Please make note of the time span T. Boone is looking for. There is more afoot than meets the eye.

Whoa - good point Terry - he is going after the discharge, and reasons for..
Quote:
Your military record, specifically your service records for the years 1971-1978,

for refreshers
timeline
Lipscomb's 'Discharge' article

Last edited by kate on Sat Nov 17, 2007 3:28 pm; edited 1 time in total
baldeagle
PO2

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2007 6:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I also took note of the requests for records for that period, ya reckon there are any service record entries inre to the 2 trips to Paris and any official actions resulting therefrom? On second thought, I guess the discharge type might also address that item.
"In a word, I want an American character, that the powers of Europe may be convinced we act for ourselves and not for others; this, in my judgment, is the only way to be respected abroad and happy at home." --George Washington

Last edited by baldeagle on Sat Nov 17, 2007 6:52 am; edited 1 time in total
Harvuskong
Seaman

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2007 6:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mtboone wrote:

Please make note of the time span T. Boone is looking for. There is more afoot than meets the eye. But I am sometimes not able to have my post get on for political reasons or some othe wimp ass reason. Now, with maybe my last post that gets posted, I bid you all farewell. Sign me off moderators please.

Mr. Boone, I hope to that it is not a long term farwell.

Hope to hear from you again in the future.
Aristotle The Hun
PO1

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2007 8:49 am    Post subject: Re: Kerry Takes Oilman Pickens Up On $1 Million Reply with quote

shawa wrote:
Friday, November 16, 2007
Kerry takes oilman Pickens up on $1 million Swift Boat challenge
By GLEN JOHNSON
AP Political Writer

BOSTON— Sen. John Kerry, whose 2004 presidential campaign was torpedoed by critics of his Vietnam War record, said Friday he has personally accepted Texas oilman T. Boone Pickens' offer of $1 million to anyone who can disprove even a single charge of the Swift Boat Veterans for Truth.

Cont'd at http://www.telegram.com/article/20071116/APN/711160829

How about Kerry making a equal counter wager and donate one million dollars for every charge that is true?
Me#1You#10
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2007 1:16 pm    Post subject: Re: Kerry Takes Oilman Pickens Up On $1 Million Reply with quote

Aristotle The Hun wrote:
How about Kerry making a equal counter wager and donate one million dollars for every charge that is true?

Now THAT'S creative snark ATH...and I imagine Jean Fraud can expect considerably more of the same.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: