SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

T. Boone Pickens Stakes $1 Mil on the Swift Boats

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth
View previous topic :: View next topic  
shawa
CNO

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2007 5:06 am    Post subject: T. Boone Pickens Stakes $1 Mil on the Swift Boats Reply with quote

Quote:

By Ben Domenech

At tonight's American Spectator dinner in Washington, the venerable T. Boone Pickens apparently just staked $1 Million (yes, he's got the money) betting that no one - not even John Kerry and his magic hat - can prove anything the Swift Boat Veterans for Truth said in 2004 was false.

Media Matters, here's looking at you, kids.

Redstate
“I love the man that can smile in trouble, that can gather strength from distress, and grow brave by reflection. ‘Tis the business of little minds to shrink; but he whose heart is firm, and whose conscience approves his conduct, will pursue his principles unto death.” (Thomas Paine, 1776)
baldeagle
PO2

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2007 5:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Down here in Texas, (where T Boone hails from) that's called "Puttin' your money where your mouth is"
Too bad sKerry ain't got the (whatever) to put his out there.
"In a word, I want an American character, that the powers of Europe may be convinced we act for ourselves and not for others; this, in my judgment, is the only way to be respected abroad and happy at home." --George Washington
Me#1You#10
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2007 5:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love it when T. Boone puts his money where my mouth is Laughing
JN173
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2007 8:05 pm    Post subject: Re: T. Boone Pickens Stakes $1 Mil on the Swift Boats Reply with quote

shawa wrote:
Quote:

By Ben Domenech

At tonight's American Spectator dinner in Washington, the venerable T. Boone Pickens apparently just staked $1 Million (yes, he's got the money) betting that no one - not even John Kerry and his magic hat - can prove anything the Swift Boat Veterans for Truth said in 2004 was false.

Media Matters, here's looking at you, kids.

Redstate

Do we have any other corroboration of T. Boone Pickens' wager? All I have been able to find is the Redstate link.

I have some "friends" I would like to encourage to try and make some "easy money! Laughing Laughing Laughing
shawa
CNO

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2007 9:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Over at Just One Minute Clarice Feldman of American Thinker (who is one of Limbaugh's favorite writers) posted that she was at the dinner and she heard T. Boone say it.

Quote:
pagar, I wsa there. He DID say that.

Posted by: Clarice | November 06, 2007 at 11:00 PM

“I love the man that can smile in trouble, that can gather strength from distress, and grow brave by reflection. ‘Tis the business of little minds to shrink; but he whose heart is firm, and whose conscience approves his conduct, will pursue his principles unto death.” (Thomas Paine, 1776)
JN173
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2007 10:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shawa:

Thanks for the link

John
Blue Sky
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2007 2:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm watching Hannity and Colmes and a tape is being run with Former Pres. Bill Clinton talking about the terrible 'swiftboat' ads during the last election and that this is what seems to be happening following the last debate of the Democrats.

'Swiftboating' has become a verb, and a negative one at that.

This is VERY upsetting to me and maybe the million dollar stake will be needed to once and for all make 'swiftboating' a positive term: it's defined as 'learning the truth'.
streetsweeper95B
PO2

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2007 3:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It can be positive though if you let it? sKerry is way too chicken**** to take this group on again no matter what he thinks.....
Me#1You#10
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2007 6:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Blue Sky wrote:
'Swiftboating' has become a verb, and a negative one at that.

Frankly this exercise by the left in attempting to pejoratize the word is resulting in some near comical hysteria when the verbal bomb is tossed at one of their own. Nor can they resist salivating at the prospect that one of their own rhetorical assaults might actually rise to "Swiftboat" levels of credibility.

One thing is fersure (and they're learning the hard lesson faux-swiftboat by faux-swiftboat)...cardboard swiftboats don't float...at least not for very long.
shawa
CNO

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2007 7:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Confirmation that Picken's $1,000,000 offer was in response to JK.
Clarice's article at American Thinker about attending the dinner.

Sheesh, Johnny boy, if you in fact have proof of lies

Quote:
We have put together a documented portfolio that frankly puts their lies in such a total light of absurdity and indecency, that should they ever rear their ugly heads again, we have every single ‘t’ crossed and ‘i’ dotted, and I welcome that in a sense

its worth a cool million in your pocket! C'mon, put it out there.

No?? Hah, I thought not.
ocsparky101
PO1

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2007 6:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

T. Boone Pickens was on H & C the other night. He stated that the bet is for Kerry to dis prove any of the Swiftboat Ads created during the 2004 election cycle. He also stated that Kerry must provide to him proof and in the order of Military Records complete and Diarys of Kerry's. I think he should also require his personal FBI Files. Those files are a complete investigation by the FBI of Kerrys activities of Treason and Attempted murder of US Senators. In my estimation these would be very relivant to the real truth behind John Kerry and take this creep on the National Stage forever.
Me#1You#10
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2007 5:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As we have 2 topics currently underway referencing Pickens/Kerry, this topic is now locked...thanks/me#1
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: