SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Discuss the Jim Rassman WSJ Op-ed Here
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2004 4:35 pm    Post subject: Discuss the Jim Rassman WSJ Op-ed Here Reply with quote

That's the title of JIM RASSMANN's OpEd in the Wall Street Journal.
Shame on HIM.

He claims to be a former republican, and not even very "political".
Yet look at the title of his piece:

"Shame on the Swift Boat Veterans for Bush"

Not "Shame on the Swift Boat Veterans for Truth"

Is this an accident?
Hardly.
He is relentless in his use of the phrase. Even to the point of becoming awkward. Read the final paragraph:

"Ultimately, the American people will judge these Swift Boat Veterans for Bush and their accusations. Americans are tired of smear campaigns against those who volunteered to wear the uniform. Swift Boat Veterans for Bush should hang their heads in shame. "

Again, this is no accident. This is a partisan attempt to invalidate the Swift Boat Veterans for Truth organization's 527 standing.
Though never in any Swift Boat Veterans for Truth ad is there a word that specifically advacates voting for Bush.... that is what is being insinuated by the Rassmann OpEd (and countless other dem pieces).

Bottom line:

Shame on Jim Rassmann for allowing himself to be used in such a manner. Such a "nuanced" use of language is never accidental.

[/b]

Admin note:

Edited title to eliminate billboarding Kerry spin. Good topic though!

Thanks
lrb111
Captain

PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2004 4:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Shame on the Swift Boat Veterans for Bush" >>>>>>>

Yeah, that's the way it's listed on Kerry's site. Then they have the standard lightweight attempts at spin. That's where all the talking points for them are enumerated. Sad in a funny sort of way, since they haven't yet grasped the point.
Marine4life
Senior Chief Petty Officer

PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2004 4:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I applaud rasy's loyalty to the man he credits with saving his life, but he will never be focused on the truth. He will stand by his savior to death. And to a point it should be that way, except he need's to be quiet about other topics that he can't vouch for. I saved my old boss's life once, she was choking on a piece of roast beef, the same day that she got dentures, I noticed her on her way down to the floor. I grabbed her and performed the H/M on her and it all came up. She was blue when I got there. To this day we have a unique bond between us. I however would expect her to fire me if it would have been necessary. We have to seperate the events from reality. Pat and I will remain bonded by that evening forever as it was equally scary for both of us. I never got my name in the paper or such, it was just between us and a couple of others. I got her friendship forever and that is reward enough for me. Ras needs to put that event in a lock box as Gore would say keep it between him and Kerry as a special moment in both of their lives, it does not qualify Kerry to be the CIC. It is obvious that his view is tainted by this event and he can't be objective. Semper Fi.
Navy_Navy_Navy
Admin

PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2004 5:09 pm    Post subject: Re: please elaborate on this Reply with quote

blarg33 wrote:
who exactly do the swift boat veterans for bush..er i mean truth, advocate for president anyway??

Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

SBVFT makes no endorsement of any candidate or party or ideology. All they want is for John Kerry to release all of his records.

Kerry demanded that Bush do so, and the President did.

Kerry promised that he would do so, back in April and his records are STILL incomplete.

He used to have many records up on his web site that don't exist there any longer. I wonder why?
You GottaBeKidding
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2004 5:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

blarg33,

NOT KERRY.
coldwarvet
Admiral

PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2004 5:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JIM RASSMANN's said "Swift Boat Veterans for Bush should hang their heads in shame."

Bush has nothing to do with this. In fact if Kerry would have risen through the republican ranks an anti Kerry group of some type would have risen up in opposition to him. This is all about correcting the Kerry’s wrongful depiction of the Vietnam record.

"Peace is our Profession"
Strategic Air Command - Motto

USAF 75-79 Security Police

Last edited by coldwarvet on Thu Aug 12, 2004 5:55 pm; edited 2 times in total
You GottaBeKidding
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2004 5:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

coldwarvet,

0302 was quoting Rass in his WSJ piece.
JMF
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2004 5:30 pm    Post subject: Re: please elaborate on this Reply with quote

Quote:
SBVFT makes no endorsement of any candidate or party or ideology.

As an outsider, the talk about funding from republican donors doe not look good. The Message board here has to be almost 100% conservative.
It is not a said endorsement, but it is implied.

Quote:
Kerry demanded that Bush do so, and the President did.
Kerry promised that he would do so, back in April and his records are STILL incomplete.

Were Bush's records complete? (I honestly don't know.. but I thought not)
I agree though, Kerry needs to come forward with ALL of his records.
Navy_Navy_Navy
Admin

PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2004 5:34 pm    Post subject: Re: please elaborate on this Reply with quote

JMF wrote:
Quote:
SBVFT makes no endorsement of any candidate or party or ideology.

As an outsider, the talk about funding from republican donors doe not look good. The Message board here has to be almost 100% conservative.
It is not a said endorsement, but it is implied.

Military people and veterans are HEAVILY conservative, Independents and Republicans.

Why then, would it be so surprising that contributors to the funding or participation on this board is heavily conservative?

Quote:
Were Bush's records complete? (I honestly don't know.. but I thought not)
I agree though, Kerry needs to come forward with ALL of his records.

Yes, every time some new scrap turns up in the dig through the archives, it is released to the public.
JMF
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2004 5:47 pm    Post subject: Re: please elaborate on this Reply with quote

Quote:
Military people and veterans are HEAVILY conservative, Independents and Republicans.Why then, would it be so surprising that contributors to the funding or participation on this board is heavily conservative?

which is why everyone who is anti-bush, pro-Kerry will spin this as "swiftboat Veterans for Bush"... because most on this site are for Bush... The problem you run into is funding. Obviously no dems are going to be sending you checks for $100,000 for you to get your message out. This makes it look like you are being funded by the Republican Party, rather than some republican people.

My only problem with this message board is that it seems you are against talking about Bush at all...
Obviously this site is just about John Kerry, but since he is running for president against Bush, you should be able to compare the two.
Scott
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2004 5:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

John Kerry is running for President almost exclusively on his Vietnam service.

George Bush is not running on his National Guard service.

In discussing Kerry's record and statements about Vietnam, I don't see any comparison with George Bush.
Navy_Navy_Navy
Admin

PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2004 5:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You won't find many Republicans donating to the Communist Party of the USA, or to moveon.org or to ACT.

Does that prove that the Democratic Party supports those organizations?

No, only the contributions from the DNC would do that.

And we don't want to get off the message of the founders of the group - that Kerry is unfit for command - except to debunk the crap slung around by the pro-Kerry propagandists.
coldwarvet
Admiral

PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2004 5:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You GottaBeKidding wrote:
coldwarvet,

0302 was quoting Rass in his WSJ piece.

Thanks I made the correction.

"Peace is our Profession"
Strategic Air Command - Motto

USAF 75-79 Security Police
JMF
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2004 6:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Navy_Navy_Navy wrote:
You won't find many Republicans donating to the Communist Party of the USA, or to moveon.org or to ACT.

Does that prove that the Democratic Party supports those organizations?.

It doesn't prove anything, but a lot of people are making that mistake on both sides.
Navy_Navy_Navy
Admin

PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2004 6:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JMF wrote:
Navy_Navy_Navy wrote:

Does that prove that the Democratic Party supports those organizations?.

It doesn't prove anything, but a lot of people are making that mistake on both sides.

I haven't seen conservatives attack the DNC for supporting any of the types of organizations that I mentioned above except to prove that they have official DNC financial support.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: